WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    Tracey: Not surprised you are feeling excited. Wishing you a great visit with your bestie.
    Lisa: My comfort food is chocolate 🍫 it used to be Cadbury whole hazelnut, but these days I like a good dark chocolate, and am partial to Lindt with a touch of sea salt, which I let slowly melt in my mouth. Mmmm…

Just about to do yoga, then pockle about looking busy until lunch. I have Shakespeare Study group this afternoon.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Today's lesson from the Beck Diet Solution I that when you are tempted to eat something that's not on the plan, tell yourself you have no choice other than sticking to the plan. Smells like discipline to me.

When I am tempted, first I look to see what the damage would be to my calorie count. Would I go over, or just eat back my exercise calories? Could I substitute Cole slaw or yogurt as these are more filling? Yesterday I wanted ice cream, but I decided to wait until today so I can skip my daily chocolate and make some room in my calorie count. Ice cream is not special, it's continuously available, and I don't need it right this minute. So I will have a little bit later.

I have more trouble resisting when I'm tired or worried, or eating out, or with leftovers. But I'm slowly getting better at resisting.

Annie in Delaware

I have more
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    Congratulations Machka! Wishing you many happy years in your new house! When are you moving? Do you have to vacate by the end of the month?

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ How exciting and a little scary. Sounds like a perfect place.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Machka- congratulations on the house..and what a view....and thats great.. a little at a time..
    After the last few days im sort of spent..so Im going to rest today..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Going to Renal doc this morning, then therapist this afternoon. My comfort food includes sugar. My family had desert after every mean except breakfast, which usually was something sweet. ‘Sweet stuff’ was always given for any occasion. I have a very had time avoiding sugar, especially when I’m eating my emotions, which is often lately, or have ‘sweets’ in the house. Very hard to lose weight this way…..

And Today is: ‘weird!!’. 6qgpvt71scak.jpeg
    8t4ia975f3t3.jpeg
    8ewauw1t6m9h.jpeg

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Machka - You had dropped a couple of hints.... the view is amazing!!!! and the home sounds ideal. It will be nice to be closer to family.

Pip - in my weird family Death brings out the weirdness at a new level. I have a couple of family members who were toxic until they died and then they became perfect.... kinda like the Emilio situation. Did Kirby go with you, not to the cremation but for beer and gossip? Fillings pulled out??? creepy! seems like she might not get $300 worth of gold....

Kim in N. California