WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Happy day, Ladies. Count me in the LVP camp. Originally installed a plank with a cork veneer in living room. Looked gorgeous for about an hour. Took almost no time before Mars' Claws made first scratches. Luxury Plank Vinyl floors in the bedrooms look and feel great. And scratchproof!

Lisa: Clockmaker and bricklayer. I am totally vicariously enjoying your enormous creativity and crafting skills. Your meds sound like all the ones I hear advertised while I watch Jeopardy. Hope next one is perfect with nary any of the 97 side possible side effects that the commercial voice over spits out in a torrent of scary sounding words.

Machka: Welcome to home ownership. Bring on the paint chips, floor samples and the time and energy to bring your vision to life. So happy for you.

Annie: The recent night time adventures your father has been on reminds me of the last 2 years that I cared for DH. It got so that I slept with my shoes on and just a blanket over me so I could pop out of bed whenever he made any movement in the direction of the front door. Hugs to strength to you.

Tina: Sorry about your current funk. If you think it would help, I'm sure Lanette would loan you the teleporter and you could zoom to somewhere fun.

Barbie: How cute you and Jake look!

I am more excited about my facial tomorrow than the eclipse.

We have had 2 solid days of dangerous wind and it wigged me out a bit to be driving home in some mighty gusts. Such a helpless feeling and a white knuckle ride.

Time to nudge the cat off my lap and get a little movement done while I listen to a hockey game. Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lisa, the planter looks great! I’m sure it will work perfectly well even if it’s not a professional job!
    Heather, so glad you have dates for both surgeries. Hopefully the docs will get the paperwork together for you for the travel insurance.

I can’t remember who made the comments, but just wanted to clarify, my gp was led to believe that I had had a bone scan which involves a dye injection which is potentially damaging to the kidneys. I did not get injected with anything, what I had was a bone density scan which is completely non invasive (as well as quick and painless! YAY!!). And although I have osteopenia, he will not prescribe meds for it, not usually done at this stage, so it’s all up to me! I think I’m up to the challenge.
    I made the decision yesterday to skip the gym and focused on housecleaning instead. Got the place vacuumed, floors washed, dishes dealt with and a load of laundry folded. Oh and got some bedding plants planted. Felt really good to get all that taken care of. MFP generously says 300 calories for 90 min of light to moderate cleaning, I was on the go for just over two hours, but only used the 90 min number.
    Enough for now, I’m crocheting a baby blanket and must get on with it!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any new gals!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Sue! yay for toxic tenant leaving! I'm sorry that she left such a mess, but I assume you were expecting that. It is too bad that her next landlord will have no idea of what they are getting into with her, but at least she's out of your hair!
    Heather, I can't get over how quickly you went from being so active to barely being able to function. Again, I am so glad that you will be able to get your surgeries so soon and then you will be back to your active self again! I'm sure it can't happen soon enough for you, {{{HUGS}}}
    I really must get to bed! Hope everyone makes the best of it!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, my cherubs, from a very calm, but dull day beside the Irish Sea. My lawn is carpeted in pink petals from my magnolia, which is in full bloom.

Sue: Yay! For the departure of the toxic tenant. It must be such a weight off your mind, despite the malicious damage. Wishing you much better luck with any future renters.

Heather: It’s so very sensible to be so well prepared. It will mean that your recovery should be much easier.

I have a busy week ahead. Just have to do a little prep this morning for my fledgling Monday Painters this afternoon. The painting I posted was the last workshop that I did with them.

Tomorrow I will go to Craft Group before lunch. I am working on my gilet project, putting together all the pieces. I have a rehearsal after lunch for a concert on Thursday afternoon showcasing the talents of our U3A groups members. I am reading a short story and a poem.

Latin restarts on Friday morning. Then I have card making on Friday afternoon.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Woohoo! Toxic tenant left in middle of night, night before last.she left just before she could be served papers evicting her so no eviction will show on her record. She left a huge mess. Toilet filled with waste and toilet paper. Rotten food in refridgerator, broken fan, broken toaster oven, stolen laundry bag and towels, broken outlet. Shower curtains had to be dumped. We have changed locks and been advised to not sue her unless she sues us first, then counter sue. Wish there were some way to warn next person she tries to rent from.

Machka - congrats on new house.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Yay!

Sorry about the state of the place.

Is there a tenant database / blacklist you can put info on?

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being lazy. Did get dressed to take DH to buy frames. We then had dinner out and visited with a friend we haven't seen in years. After that played on phone while watching TV with DH.

Sue- so happy tenant is gone! We had one that left one of ours disgusting after 2 years. Think multiple dogs, carpets, power off for a week in July before she let us know she had left. When she moved in we had just remodeled after previous tenant who had been there 14 yrs. When tenants are good life is great, when they are bad it is horrible. I am so happy yours is gone though!

Machka I am excited for you as you move forward with your own home!

Lisa Love the planter.

Healing thoughts for those hurting.

Eclipse day is here. I am excited but only because I can watch from where I am at.

May your day be a good one.
    May your choices be the best you can make in the moment.
    May your brain listen to your body about what it needs .

Love to all!
    Kylia in Ohio avoiding the craziness today
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Sue that's wonderful news! It's over! I know you want to warn the next landlord, but you don't want her to sue you for defamation or something.

Michele hope you get some relief for your leg.

Machka what pretty flowers!

Heather be careful! You show such determination in the face of pain!

Terri I admire all your activities!

Ginny hope the eclipse traffic doesn't bother you! And Kylia, hope the effects are minor. Who else is affected?

It might be getting dark for us as we come back from Dad's physical therapy. But that's only a couple of miles away. And we are far enough away from totality that the darkness will be partial.

Dad's shoulder was sore after his fall, and it's worse from starting the lawnmower. You would think there would be a better way to start the darn thing than pulling that cord. And yes he did some mowing yesterday but skipped his hip stretches.

Not much on my list for today. Just trimming Teddy again. His eyes are disappearing behind his hair.

Have a great day, my friends! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Dad's shoulder was sore after his fall, and it's worse from starting the lawnmower. You would think there would be a better way to start the darn thing than pulling that cord. And yes he did some mowing yesterday but skipped his hip stretches.

Annie in Delaware

Electric lawn mowers have done away with all that cord pulling.

I've never mowed a lawn in my life, but my husband uses an electric mower which appears to operate in a similar way to a vacuum cleaner ... plug it in, turn it on, and go.

M in Oz