WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Its been a busy day!

Barbie - have you recorded the Community Property Agreement yet? Once that's done, I don't think there's any hurry to grab the wills. My DH's will was void after he died as the Agreement took precedence and everything passed directly to me. As far as the other legal documents, I think photocopies are OK. I waited until after DH had passed to record the Agreement - and discovered the recording fees had skyrocketed. Right now I have my own will in my safe here, but I'm thinking I might give it to my executor T to put in HER safety deposit box if she's willing. She's the one who'll need it anyhow.

Will try to catch up tomorrow. ;) You ladies have been busy and interesting!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    So far, nothing special today. Vince’s new tractor was delivered. It’s raining off and on so I probably won’t get to go for a walk

Annie and everyone else – I’m just fine, thanks for asking. We’ll probably take the car to be fixed either today or tomorrow

Kim – what a day you had. I can understand why your mother feels the way she does, but that’s really no help for you. When it rains, it pours, eh? Hugs, dear friend

Leslie – welcome. Don’t feel that you have to answer each an every post, just the ones that you are interested in and want to. No one answers them all

I got in the car this morning and, boy, were the headlights very bright. I’m questioning now if for some reason for the accident was that the automatic headlights weren’t working

Rusty – flowers sound like a real good treat. Honestly, I don’t know if I could do that. I’d probably want to stop for a milkshake or an ice cream.

Got Jess 3 of the 1qt serving bowls which came the other day and 1 of the 2qt ones that came today. I’ll give them to her for christmas. The serving bowls she has are chipped. She really needs something nicer

Debbie – I’m sorry to hear about your cat. I hope he comes back soon. Sorry to hear about your friend’s grandson.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    well, spoke too soon- MIL and Dh got into it today, really bad- Fighting about everything(all stupid in my opinion). He came home in such a bad mood. Cussing like crazy(this is something he knows really bothers me)- F-bomb every other word. Thankfully he is calming down back in his room.
    Wonder how things will be when we go over to his mom's in the morning.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette my concern was about our daughter if we are both gone. I have everything and know where everything is. No, we haven't recorded the community property agreement but the original is in the safe deposit box and copies are in our house

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lanette my concern was about our daughter if we are both gone. I have everything and know where everything is. No, we haven't recorded the community property agreement but the original is in the safe deposit box and copies are in our house

<3 Barbie

Our wills are with our lawyer. They'll also do the executor tasks, or assist with them if necessary.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    well, spoke too soon- MIL and Dh got into it today, really bad- Fighting about everything(all stupid in my opinion). He came home in such a bad mood. Cussing like crazy(this is something he knows really bothers me)- F-bomb every other word. Thankfully he is calming down back in his room.
    Wonder how things will be when we go over to his mom's in the morning.

He must enjoy the fights too ... or else he would just walk out.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Both you and Edie are showing great artistic talent!

Will ~ My husband and I need to make a new will since the one we have is very old and just needs updating.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Today is a ‘spacey’ day!

w7lxpabzbyxz.jpeg
    vmxec04eyyum.jpeg
    3am2ft5lgmit.jpeg
    473izqt6jjqb.jpeg

RVRita in ‘spacey’ Roswell!