WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    The mister is still sick. We are wondering if it's RSV. He's had what seemed to be a cold, but then he got a fever and says his lungs feel weird. I hope it's not pneumonia. It's been a week.

Tina in CA

COVID?

There are 786,167 reported active cases with another 1,151 reported yesterday in the US.

Can you get one of those tests that shows both COVID and flu or maybe all three: COVID, flu, RSV?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Tina - Hope the mister doesn't have p-monia. Never fun, and debilitating. On the subject of your legs, I think we're too hard on ourselves in terms of body image, but we all have to live inside our bodies. I gave up on getting mine to look good, I just want it to work! 😀👀🙃

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I really like the way my legs used to look, especially when I wore dresses. There is really no reason I cannot get them (and the rest of me) back into shape.

Tina in CA

Do you have stairs you can climb up and down where you are?

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    How do you explain to someone after years of medical issues with husband, and moving around every 4 years, that the contentment of life is the stillness?
    Rebecca

Rebecca ... you don't ... because unless someone has walked in those shoes, they have no real understanding. Your life is just that ... your life ... and it is more than adequate to you.

Beth

Or, if you're from the South, when they tell you your life is inadequate, you say, "Well bless your heart, it's so nice you think that way!" And you smile with all your teeth. 😁

It's a phrase I've used on more than one occasion. Very handy. 🙃👀😀

Love,
    Lisa

I need an arsenal of great phrases! I will add it to my list.👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Maybe that's just life, telling us to live happily in a smaller radius. I am content in my happy, quietness. I think the only thing I get nervous about, is when my sister comes to visit she will be so bored, and make me feel like my life isn't adequate enough. How do you explain to someone after years of medical issues with husband, and moving around every 4 years, that the contentment of life is the stillness?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Rebecca ... you don't ... because unless someone has walked in those shoes, they have no real understanding. Your life is just that ... your life ... and it is more than adequate to you.

Beth

Yes very true. I need to not feel like I have to explain, it is my life, and yep very adequate.👍🏼💖
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Up to page24