WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Rita- Miles has a alligator Warmies that will probably be used for the twins.
    Im going to get dressed and vacuum the place.. and put clean clothes away.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, my little chickadees.

Rusty: My brother and 3 nephews and their families live in Yorkshire. My SiL comes from Harrogate. One nephew lives in Halifax. It’s a lovely part of the country.

Debbie: My Fitbit frequently says I have done elliptical or some other exercise, when I have done HIIT. I just change it. 😝

Lanette: Those soles push-ups sound like the heel raises I do.

Michele: So sorry about the car prang. I hope you haven’t suffered and lasting damage.

Heather: Delighted that you got your refund organised. Hope you can knock that UTI out quickly.

Lisa: You are so industrious. 🥰 the ‘quilt’ clock.

Kim: Commiserations. It’s so difficult to deal with the decline of our elders. Vent here any time, m’dear.

I’m having an active rest day. It’s been very changeable. I had to sit in the car for 5 minutes until a heavy shower passed over, when I came home from shopping. I’ve spent most of the afternoon catching up with you all, and doing an online jigsaw.

I will visit my elder daughter after lunch tomorrow. Then I’m out morning and afternoon on Monday. (Creative Writing and Monday Painters) I’m all set for them both. Then nothing planned until Latin Study Group on Friday morning, except my prep for that.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    The mister is still sick. We are wondering if it's RSV. He's had what seemed to be a cold, but then he got a fever and says his lungs feel weird. I hope it's not pneumonia. It's been a week.

Tina in CA

COVID?

There are 786,167 reported active cases with another 1,151 reported yesterday in the US.

Can you get one of those tests that shows both COVID and flu or maybe all three: COVID, flu, RSV?

M in Oz

He tested negative for COVID twice. In order to get tested for RSV, he has to go to the doc, but they will tell him to wait it out anyway, so what's the point. Same with the flu. He's been sleeping really late, so hopefully that will help. If his lungs don't improve, he will go get an x-ray.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Tina - Hope the mister doesn't have p-monia. Never fun, and debilitating. On the subject of your legs, I think we're too hard on ourselves in terms of body image, but we all have to live inside our bodies. I gave up on getting mine to look good, I just want it to work! 😀👀🙃

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I really like the way my legs used to look, especially when I wore dresses. There is really no reason I cannot get them (and the rest of me) back into shape.

Tina in CA

Do you have stairs you can climb up and down where you are?

M in Oz

We do not have stairs, by design. Since I work from home, I have to go somewhere to do it and if I'm going to go somewhere, I'm going to walk and/or run.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Debbie - The only one my Fitbit just can't cope with is when I'm on the little lawn tractor, it thinks I'm either on an "outdoor bike" or running. I can't make it stop logging that movement as steps, but in the settings for the device, there is one for "auto-exercise recognition." You can turn that off, or if you want it to recognize when you're walking, say, you can set the other individual ones to "ignore."

Rebecca - Oddly enough, your relationship with your sister is much like mine with my best friend, who's four years younger, but acts more like a big sister. Over the years, I've had to fend her off from trying to change my entire work wardrobe (she thought my bras carried my accouterments far too low 🙄 and that was 20 years ago!) and fix my life in various other ways. One thing I've found though is that she is much, much less big sisterly when she is out of her territory and on mine. At her house, she was always trying to fix me. At my house, she drops out of that fix-y mode and just becomes my friend.

Corey brought home the piece of big equipment, and he had described it wrong - this is what he actually brought - a mini track loader:
    k1nsdktaq6w0.png
    They call it that, but it's taller than me. You stand up on the back of it and can then lift up to a thousand pounds (450+ kg) without any effort at all... He put me up on it the minute he pulled it off the trailer, and I was able to scoop up the first load of dirt for my flower bed and put it right next to it... I know it's weird, but it was so much fun! So much power in one place, very simple, drives and operates much like a video game controller.

Went looking for what his boss saved us by letting him bring it home for the weekend, and it was over $1,000 for a weekend rental, so significant. Of course, he also knows if Corey breaks it, he'll fix it because that's his job, so it wasn't much of a risk... 😻

Anyway - I was out cold in the bed by 7:30 last night, I guess pulling the siding off the carport walls just wore me out this week. I was up far too early this morning, but I woke up feeling great, so there's that. Looking forward to a day outside, getting my flowerbed sorted out finally. Corey wants to take the loader back tomorrow late afternoon, so we are planning on our first restaurant meal out in at least a year. Looking forward to that, too. :smiley:

Hope it is or was a good day for everyone... The sky is just beginning to lighten here, but the birds are already singing to welcome the sun. We are on the path of the cicada emergence, but they were around a lot when we first moved here six years ago, not too worried about it. Egg likes bringing them inside and poking them until they scream--they sound like an air raid siren, and she thinks that's funny, apparently.

Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas

I hope my sister does that as well, because she's at my home. The last time she visited my home, we were living at the coast and it was 2016. Actually its been since 2017 that my middle son has come to our home too. Athena has never visited me.
    Pretty fancy equipment there! Enjoy the weekend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Weird!! MFP logged me out while I was reading this thread! I was going to post something, but the Comment section was not showing. I then noticed it was asking me to log in?? IDK. ANYWAY. All the talk about ‘Warmies” had me looking them up on Amazon and I got the scented Sloth. Smelled so nice of lavender when I opened the package. I tried it on my lower back this morning and love it!! Now I need to get a bigger one for my DH’s legs. He has circulation issues and they often hurt. I’ll have to let him try mine first. Thanks for the suggestion! Here is the first, of many I predict, Warmie I now own.

emfycaxxyne0.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell, HMMM no wonder I was ‘mysteriously” logged out!!

4pm7owmw0nnd.png

That has happened to me off and on. Luckily its an easy fix.
    Now I need to look up warmies! They sound inviting! That sloth is adorable!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    We had our final Beginners Fencing lesson today. It's quite a workout! And it was hot in the gym today.

I'm hoping to go to some of the club meetings to practice the skills, but will take a little break in order to work on the house.

And then I worked a bit in the garden.

About the noisy neighbour a couple houses down ...
    I'm beginning to think that he's like Sue's tenant. Evidently he takes photos of the people who come visit our neighbour across the road and yells that he's taking the photos to his lawyer. No one has any idea why. Our neighbour across the road is a nice older couple, and the people who come visit them are their adult kids and little grandchildren! But one of the "kids" IS a lawyer who is as baffled as the rest of us.

And the noisy neighbour continues to play his TV or radio at full blast, facing an open window so that we all can hear it. Today, I was working in the part of the garden closest to his place, so I brought my phone out so I could play classical music fairly loudly. :)

But at the same time, he was yelling something out his window at us all again.

I'm kinda glad we're moving. It's getting a bit old.

Tomorrow we're going to a beekeeping meeting!

I feel like there's a theme here. We must like white jackets and masks. :smiley:

w1qn6tiooc8q.png
    xf7frzu4nzzo.png

Machka in Oz

Great photos! I do notice you like wearing helmets, and hoods! Activities where there is some protection of some sort.😁👍🏼 I am always amazed at your desire to expand your knowledge, and persevere with it.👍🏼 as my momma would say "good on ya"!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Breaking news ...... I have got all my Saga money. The two cheques arrived in the post today, and , when I checked my bank account, the refunds are in there. Soooooo relieved! I can pay the cheques into the post office, rather than having to go to the bank, and John can drive me there. It's only a few streets away, but too far for me at the moment. The money, most of it John's, will nearly pay for the first hip.

Pleased with myself for changing my bed linen today and switching to a summer weight duvet. It's only a single bed, so easy enough.

Annie - I have one of those sling purses for my cruises. Very useful. I take my phone, cabin card, lipstick, comb.

I then decided to celebrate the season with wearing a new long-sleeved t shirt! It's dark navy, so I put a bright blue camisole underneath to layer and wore my opal necklace. And I've ordered a long royal blue one. My long black house dress arrived yesterday, for wearing after the operation for a couple of days and nights. It looks great,and I'm loving my hands free slip on trainers. Hooray! :D

Just going downstairs to put the duck legs in the oven.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I am so glad everything worked out regarding Saga! I know you do not like those situations, but it is all coming together. Being at the mercy of outcomes not in your control puts you on edge, but know that, "all shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well". 😁
    I love when you talk of your new purchases. I can hear the excitement in the tone, and that makes me happy that you're happy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Debbie - I once had my fitbit on while horseback riding at a state park and it recorded that I walked thousands of steps and climbed lots of flights of stairs. The one I have now records I'm swimming whenever I do water exercise maybe because it gets wet.

Nice sunny day here. Hoping to get some lawn mowing done. Farrier is coming to trim horse and goat hooves.

Heather - glad you got your money back. That has to be a relief.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

I need to see if my Fitbit is waterproof. I am going to start taking a AquaZumba class in June. May just not wear it and adjust it manually. Looking forward to trying it. It will just be one day a week(same teacher as I have for regular Zumba) and just for the summer(outside pool). She is also going to add a short Pilates class before our Zumba class that I might try. I am waiting to hear if they will give us a discount if we sign up for all three classes. If not, I will wait on the pilates until after aqua is over.
    I know her prices are a lot cheaper than regular gyms(her classes are through the city) but need to see how much more it will be if I add two more classes. My friends are saying the same thing.

We had great weather earlier in the week- super windy yesterday. Made for a good workout just walking around the wetlands and not too many birds hanging around. Raining today.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/family- 1hr 21min 57sec, 28elev, 2.95ap, 88ahr, 115mhr, 4.01mi= 371c
    Strava app = 492c

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Not much going on.. still watching the crown