• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    It's no one's business to decide if someone else's life is adequate or not. That is such an individual choice. I have learned to not care about anyone's opinions on my life. It's mine. I don't judge theirs.

Tina in CA

My sisters life is so much more physical. I mean for example, if she needs to take the bins to the curb she needs to put them in the bucket of her tractor and drive them down. While husband and I just wheel them a bit and done. She weeds 5 huge beds, while I weed nothing. So her life is very different than mine. She asked me once if my life was fulfilling. Because in her eyes it just seemed less so. When (or if) she comes visit this year, I will probably have to have a sit down conversation on our individual ideas of our lives. Just a lot of feelings not expressed on that subject. We are at a good place though, so just things I have had on my mind that she needs to hear. Being her little sister though, I do tend to give in, to regress a bit, and tend to not give my opinions. I think the whole little sister thing needs to be hung up, I'm 61 yrs old for gosh sakes.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I'm told that your kids are always your kids, no matter how old they get. It's the same with siblings...probably more so with sisters. I will always be my older sisters' little sis and my younger ones will always be just that. I want to protect them like she wants to protect me. So even if you're 61, you're still her little sis. Enjoy it. Not everyone has the pleasure of having siblings and I cannot imagine it any other way.

Tina in CA

That's true.💖
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I was depressed yesterday, but I’m not today. Was able to get out in the sunshine, cut the grass, cleaned the wall from the spa into the pool, then put down Preen on the hill on the side. Guess I just needed a little sunlight. While cutting the grass it was so funny to see, Vince was in his pants with a light jacket on while I was wearing my work shorts and work sleeveless shirt. Tomorrow we’ll probably start cleaning the “muck” (pool)

Debbie – how I wish we had aqua zumba. I don’t like the impact of regular zumba but aqua zumba would be great. You are so lucky to have it available to you

Michele NC

I am looking forward to trying it. It will only be for the summer.
    I am sure I will enjoy it. Just not enough to actually go to the other gym and pay so much more.I will just look forward to next summer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'm having second thoughts about my Pharmacy Technician program. I haven't signed up yet because since my Dad fell, I've been driving him around. Now I find out he was driving yesterday. It's about time for him to give up driving, but taking his keys would be a huge fight. Anyway, I'm not sure about going back to work, it would be a big change. Hmm. Something to think about before I spend $3000 on the course.

Annie in Delaware

Why not take a part-time job in a local shop - bookstore, clothing store, gift shop - whatever catches your fancy?

And if you felt that this wasn't the time, come September shops are looking for Christmas help. You could try it out for the Christmas season and see how it went.

The thing is, if you are counting on an inheritance, and if everything goes to your sister, you might find yourself in a bad position all of a sudden. And the longer you don't work, the harder it is to find work because you've got no recent experience.

Machka - The blues are beautiful, but lighter still would be good, I agree. I love it that you always reach higher, faster, further. Never even heard of an interview like that in the U.S. Such interesting differences.

Later, y'all.
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Most government and university positions here are like that - local, state or federal.

We submit our CV plus a document anywhere from 2 pages to about 8 pages long. Fortunately our State gov't is going to the 2 page documents. Thank goodness!! It's exhausting producing documents where you write a page on each selection criteria!!

Then at the interview, you're given your interview questions 10-15 minutes ahead of time, and you scramble to jot down some points. If you've had interview experience (which I have had now), you go in with a booklet of your examples for any number of different interview questions you might encounter. Then for most questions, you just have to jot down your code for which example you'll give. However, they usually throw in a question right out of left field that leaves you sitting there for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to say.

And there's often a practical. You can ask before the interview if there will be a practical. They may or may not tell you generally what it is, but they'll usually tell you if there is one or not. Just something more to break out in a rash about.

As for the examples you give for the interview questions, they all follow the STAR pattern:

Situation: Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You
    must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in
    the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be
    from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.

Task: What goal were you working toward?

Action: Describe the actions you took to address the situation with an appropriate amount of
    detail and keep the focus on YOU. What specific steps did you take and what was your particular
    contribution? Be careful that you don’t describe what the team or group did when talking about a
    project, but what you actually did. Use the word “I,” not “we” when describing actions.

Result: Describe the outcome of your actions and don’t be shy about taking credit for your
    behavior. What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you
    learn? Make sure your answer contains multiple positive results.

If you've prepared at all ahead of time, you'll have one for communication, one for organisation, one for providing advice, one for project management, etc. etc.

The interview question might be ... We need someone skilled at project management, can you provide us with an example that demonstrates your skill in project management.

So you break out your Project Management STAR and enthusiastically tell the tale!

Oh and at the end, you MUST have a few questions for the interview panel about the job. If you don't it shows you're not interested in the job.

The whole process is quite the adventure!

Machka in Oz