Ready for a Change

Options
124»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,453 Member
    Options
    It’ll crank back up again. I had a long stall. What kept me going through it was the NSV thread. I’ve read that thing from beginning to end, all four or five hundred pages of it. It saved my sanity when the scale stalled.
  • Overheadfan
    Overheadfan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It’ll crank back up again. I had a long stall. What kept me going through it was the NSV thread. I’ve read that thing from beginning to end, all four or five hundred pages of it. It saved my sanity when the scale stalled.

Oh you are so right. I read some very useful and motivating threads yesterday and it recharged my batteries.
    @AnnPT77 sent me a marvellous link when I first joined the community. I really rely on all of these tips and chats with other members. They provide such positive and helpful support and reinforcement.
  • Overheadfan
    Options
    I'm on a holiday for the next three weeks , had a long haul flights and trying to navigate the slightly scary world of food tracking whilst travelling. We're in hotels without kitchenettes so it's dining out most of the time. I'm trying to adhere to the " eggs for breakfast , no toast , salad for lunch " type plan. Basically being mindful but having to go with the flow. I guess that means I feel still somewhat in the driver's seat but slightly anxious at the thought of undoing my good work. I'm not having the desserts , bread , chips etc which quite often appear when dining out. Hopefully that keeps me in a relatively stable weight. I'm not concerned with losing weight ...but I don't want to put any back on.
    I'm pleased I revisited the MFP community after a week's break , it's helping to reinforce the plan and my commitment.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,226 Member
    Options
    Be careful of the salad for lunch thing. Salad dressing is usually a calorie bomb, and most places use way too much.

Eggs can be hit or miss too depending how much oil they use. You should be able to fit a piece of toast into your budget if you want it. Stick to smaller portions might be good. Ask if places have a child's portion. Sometimes that works. Or see if you can share a dish or take leftovers to eat later.

Enjoy the vacation! Do the best you can to eat sensibly and estimate the serving sizes. This is where your powers of estimation get tested and why I sometimes estimate things before I weigh them at home. It keeps my eyeball calibrated for when I don't have a scale.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    I'm on a holiday for the next three weeks , had a long haul flights and trying to navigate the slightly scary world of food tracking whilst travelling. We're in hotels without kitchenettes so it's dining out most of the time. I'm trying to adhere to the " eggs for breakfast , no toast , salad for lunch " type plan. Basically being mindful but having to go with the flow. I guess that means I feel still somewhat in the driver's seat but slightly anxious at the thought of undoing my good work. I'm not having the desserts , bread , chips etc which quite often appear when dining out. Hopefully that keeps me in a relatively stable weight. I'm not concerned with losing weight ...but I don't want to put any back on.
    I'm pleased I revisited the MFP community after a week's break , it's helping to reinforce the plan and my commitment.

Can't recall if we've mentioned this on this thread or not, but you may see a water weight jump from the long flight home. If weight is up at first, don't panic. Give it a couple of weeks, maybe even up to a month, for that to resolve before assuming there's fat regain.
  • springlering62
    Options
    I’m on a flight home from a couple weeks trip as I type this. Cant say I stuck to any kind of plan. I ate it alllllllll.

But, we did discover that many European (if that’s where you’re headed) grocery chains have a quick meal area with very good salads.

The Albert Heijn Italian salad is phenomenal, and even with dressing seeds and croutons, came to about 350 or less for the whole container.

I would happily eat that several times a week if it were available locally.

(Typing this as I stare at the last half of a Milka bar in my lap. 😳 back to plan tomorrow!!!!)

And in all seriousness, I am an utter freak, but I love to weigh myself as soon as I get home and watch the “weight” melt over the course of the next week. I know it’s water weight, but still, it’s fun!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    And in all seriousness, I am an utter freak, but I love to weigh myself as soon as I get home and watch the “weight” melt over the course of the next week. I know it’s water weight, but still, it’s fun!

I thought I was the only one that thought this was fun! 😆
  • springlering62
    edited April 18
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

Heck yeah, because it’s the only time during weight loss you’ll lose two or three pounds a day, multiple days in a row. Makes me feel like an Olympic champ, and gets me in the mindset to continue losing whatever else I may have picked up on the trip.
  • Overheadfan
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

Heck yeah, because it’s the only time during weight loss you’ll lose two or three pounds a day, multiple days in a row. Makes me feel like an Olympic champ, and gets me in the mindset to continue losing whatever else I may have picked up on the trip.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Can't recall if we've mentioned this on this thread or not, but you may see a water weight jump from the long flight home. If weight is up at first, don't panic. Give it a couple of weeks, maybe even up to a month, for that to resolve before assuming there's fat regain.

Hey everyone...big apologies for the complete mess of the " quote and reply stuff" . I always seem to muck it up but I wanted to say Yes and Yes and Yes to your
    posts. Oh gee...yep...nothing like a completely uncontrolled environment to mess with best laid plans.
    Meet the rellies with the dinner laid in front of me..check.
    What about the isolated hotel with limited menu options and EVERYTHING cooked in butter. Check.
    Vegetable soup ..but wait! .it's creamed with an extra dollop on top. Check.
    Salad ..don't go there. Minefield!

:))) SO I really LOVED and appreciated reading your messages. Seriously. Cos I'm doing ok, and I ate the dessert my cousin had made especially...hey...she hasn't seen me for seven years.
    I don't get chips with everything and I walk past the chocolate shops. And quite often I'll miss a meal or two if I'm full of butter/ oil / some mystery sauce / creamy soup ( hold the bread) etc.
    The comment about getting back to the weightloss game when I'm home really resonated. Cos this holiday is a teeny tiny snapshot of my much bigger life universe and I remind myself that the plan works.
    So when I'm back home I'll work the plan.

I'll check in with you all on a weekly basis because I find it really motivating and positive , but truth be told I'm now really looking forward to reporting in when I see the next set of scales... ( probably four weeks from now). It won't be a loss but I'm suddenly not worried anymore. It's just a number and not a big part of my lifelong plan.