Not able to loose weight ?

Options
"Despite exercising daily for an hour, adopting intermittent fasting for the past three days, and maintaining a balanced diet with occasional homemade junk food, my weight remains unchanged at 69.70 kilograms. Any insights into why I'm not seeing any weight loss progress?"

Answers

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    yes to Lietchi, 3 days in don't expect much. You need to be eating at a deficit for sure. burn more calories than you take in. Early in the game don't eat ANY junk food/ Stay strict to the calorie and quality of calories and you will begin to lose weight.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    My main advice? Delete “expectations” and substitute “patience” into your plan.

There’s a thousand threads here like yours where people quit after a few days because expectations weren’t met.

There’s a thousand more where people succeeded by exercising patience.

Which side do you want to come down on?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,625 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    3 days is not even scratching the surface. Check back in a month.

It’s like that video of that guy gets on the scale at the gym does a few sets of weights and then get back on the scale again thinking he’s going to have lost weight already.

These things take time, sometimes a lot of time and definitely takes a lot of patience
  • springlering62
    Options

It’s like that video of that guy gets on the scale at the gym does a few sets of weights and then get back on the scale again thinking he’s going to have lost weight already.

Been there, done that!!!!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I was the Queen of Expectations.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Classic case of calorie overestimation and expecting instant scale gratification... :)
  • springlering62
    edited April 16
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Classic case of calorie overestimation and expecting instant scale gratification... :)

If she’s only been at it a few days, she may be bang on for calories. It’s too soon to tell. Saying someone’s overestimating so early if they’re eating what’s been recommended could easily send someone into a binge and cut cycle. Her best bet is to take a deep breath, trust the process, and see where she stands after at least one monthly cycle (aka period, to be clear) , since depending on when she started this, her cycle could easily mask loss.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    3 days is not even scratching the surface. Check back in a month.

These things take time, sometimes a lot of time and definitely takes a lot of patience

I once managed to lose 2kg in 20 minutes activity! Beat that! I think I should market this somehow. I might get very, very rich. Though... I'm not good at ripping off people, so here you go: I lived in a country where it was 50C in the shade. I went out briefly, and went back inside. Result: 2kg lighter!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 48 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    Be patient. When I got serious about calorie reducing and exercise I didnt lose any weight at all for the first 2 weeks.
    I feel like my body took that long to figure out that body fat was going to have to be used for fuel.
    I've lost about 5kg in 10 weeks. Need to lose 15 more. I've accepted that this whole process for me may take 6 months.