LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker adrenaline and endorphins! Way better than alcohol any day. Sending wishes for a quick and speedy recovery your way. Good to see you back.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    13 - AF
    2 - LA
    1 - A
    Stressful day at work today but I resisted the urge to drink and I did yoga instead! Namaste
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    April:
    AF - 8
    A - 7
    No after dinner snacking Challenge:
    SF - 12
    S - 3
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    AF = 12
    A = 2

Though I was tempted for an A night, it didn’t happen.

We almost lost MIL today while my husband was visiting her when they were removing her chest tubes. She coded! Fortunately, ”a nurse brigade” and the doctor got her back. Hubby is very traumatized now. No idea if he’ll be able to handle another visit.🙁

Thoughts and prays to you and your family. Your a rock for your husband!!!
  • MissMay
    Options
    rocket39 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to reduce my alcohol intake I am 59 and enjoy the wine too much!!

Welcome...you have come to the right place! Let your LESS ALCOHOL journey begin.
  • MissMay
    edited April 17
    Options
    @forestdweller1 we have been together a while my friend, and I so get a kick out of your no holds back posts!

Your inventory counting job sounded like a nightmare. Especially counting greeting cards....UGH!!! Love how you gave them the boot. As I have said, I have attempted to leave this job, I have QUIT openly twice and they refused my termination. I am only doing this to "keep busy"
    When I applied for this job, I really thought my 3.5 decades of experience owning my own business would help this company and I could get that warm fuzzy feeling of being needed for my years of well established knowledge. (Not what they had in mind)
    I am counting the days..........................................................................................................

My best to you and Catpaccino out there in DA'Burg
  • MissMay
    Options
    Sending strength and big hugs to those of us going through really tough unexpected challenges. My past week has been hellish, recovering from surgery and I will spare the details but I derailed my plans and been drinking wine past few nights this weekend. Why my brain doesn't direct me to do something like yoga or massage or nap instead is beyond me, but it's over it's stress limit and it demands wine. For me, my focus this week is to really do something daily that helps reduce my stress because this behavior is not sustainable or healthy. My weight has stayed the same so far, no loss (it's wine or food, if I want to improve, the wine calories must go).

Oh my gosh, take care and super-fast recovery wishes to you so you can be back on your health track lifestyle.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Hi all, what a weekend! We lost power because the mulch delivery dump truck got caught in the electric line above our driveway, and ripped the whole line down, including a piece of the house!!!!! We spent the weekend getting the power company and a local electrician to get us back up to speed.

So, that meant a lot of restaurant meals out, and my weight is up. Did not go over two drinks on Saturday, so that’s good.

Speaking of good, I like the Decoy Featherweight Sauv. Blanc. It was so nice to enjoy a glass of wine and not feel the effects the same way as a regular glass. I like it better than the Kim Crawford Illuminate, but I never loved the Kim Crawford wines anyway. So, if anyone is looking to cut back on wine, I recommend the Decoy!!

Of all things a mulch truck! Having no power is ever fun. Glad it got fixed.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    April:
    AF - 9
    A - 7
    No after dinner snacking Challenge:
    SF - 12
    S - 4
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    We're in Vegas. Let me pre-post

AF- 13
    A - 6

Flying home on Saturday for an AF rest of the month!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    AF on Monday then yesterday I had 4 oz. of a good white wine with sushi. Counting as LA.

Had Elderberry and Lemon Balm tea before bed. Also my fizzy, warm Calm magnesium drink.

Accountability post:
    AF - 6
    A - 6
    LA - 4

Goal:
    Limit: 2 glasses
    AF days - 18-20
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    AF on Monday then yesterday I had 4 oz. of a good white wine with sushi. Counting as LA.
    Had Elderberry and Lemon Balm tea before bed. Also my fizzy, warm Calm magnesium drink.
    Accountability post:
    AF - 6
    A - 6
    LA - 4
    Goal:
    Limit: 2 glasses
    AF days - 18-20
    MMM, Elderberry Lemon Balm tea sounds delicious!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    14 - AF
    2 - LA
    1 - A
    I really want ice cream tonight and I might just have some