WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Rebecca ... I forgot to mention that I liked the short haircuts. Just a caution if you go short though ... styled short hair requires more frequent hair appointments.

Annie ... I've been bouncing through the same 10 pounds for over two years now and I'm tired of it. I know what I need to change but don't seem to have the stick-to-it-iveness right now.

Feeling silly about this doctor's appointment today ...

Beth

I didn’t find that to be an issue for me with my short hair. I just had a different style when it was starting to grow. But I will say this, it is a b&$ch to grow out if you want to grow your hair out again. Now that I have, I want it shorter again.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked then cleaned our deck since it’s supposed to get cooler later in the week.

Allie
    – our cats always loved the laser pointer. We could sit, point the laser, and the cat would run like crazy after it. Would tire them out, too

Terrri – happy birthday!

M – so sorry to hear of all you tooth problems

Linda – so sorry about your tooth

Rita – Love, Love, Love the beginning of the story. You have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment.

Rebecca – love the haircut. You look so much younger

Michele NC
    who has a meeting at the church tonight. Not sure what it’s about, but it’s supposed to be for all volunteers.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 13min 22sec, 109ekev, 2.74ap, 83ahr, 113mhr, 6.23mi= 607c
    Strava app= 763c
    Zwift home spin bike- Strava stats- 25.41min, 105aw, 18.3amph, 48arpm, gear35, 109ahr, 125mhr, 7.85mi= 155c
    Strava app= 154c
    Zwift stats- 25.44min, 216elev, 105aw, 46arpm, 18.30amph, 7.85mi= 154c
    Other- 41.27min, finish working on front entryway, spreading pea gravel, trimming back hedges, etc, 105ahr, 131mhr= 204c

Total cal 966
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, super cute haircut. Looks very nice on you.

Joy
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Rebecca, super cute haircut. Looks very nice on you.

Joy

Appreciate the nice words.😁👍🏼 It was $73 With a tip of $11 so $84 total. Half our grocery money but since I rarely go, it was worth it.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Had another great walk around the wetlands. Nice breeze through most of it. Glad I had my water bottle in the car.
    Need to figure out dinner- Most likely it will be corned beef and ??(some veggies).
    MFP says I ate 604calories so far and earned 609 for exercise(walked twice plus yard work at MIL's house). I don't eat those calories- stick at 1100 no matter how much I exercise.

Tomorrow at this time I will be heading up to moms with my car full of tomato plants plus a couple dragon fruit plants to share with her and my friend who is coming to help me plant her greenhouse.

I will be up there until Monday afternoon. Will check in after I get home.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rebecca-I do like the haircut. I am fortunate that my beautician is much more cost effective. However, a good cut is worth the money-you are worth it!

Michele-here in Ohio churches also are to have background checks. While some may think it is silly, when sexual predators are released from prisons they look for churches with active youth groups. It is surprising how quickly a predator can violate a child-not unusual for it to be in a room full of people with a child on their lap. And it doesn't have to be a male. Many break it up by what role the volunteer has and there are safe child programs where no on person is alone with a child ever.

Worked food pantry this evening. Weather was perfect. People were very pleasant. We served 208 people. There is so much need.

Have to go into office for 10 am meeting. Will stop at grocery on way home (I can use some vacation time). Funeral at church on Saturday I help helping serve dinner at so that will free up some of my weekend time.

Lower back which went into spasms Tuesday noon is slowly getting better. Just keeping doing stretches and using lidocaine patches.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I will help at the food program with mom on Saturday. I love helping. Getting up before 4am is rough(I don't sleep well most nights up there-sleeping on the couch) but it is so worth it. Most are so happy with what they get.

• dlfk202000
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Rebecca cute hairstyle. Glad you are happy with it

:) My hair was starting to get long when the pandemic started and hair salons shut down. I haven't had a professional cut since. I have trimmed the ends myself a few times. I like to to tie it up in pigtails with colorful scrunched.

yqz1q48x9loz.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I cut my own hair too- simple. Put it in a braid and trim the bottom inch off and done.
    I wear it down when it is freshly washed and super curly, otherwise, it is up or in a braid(it is past my waist when wet, middle of my back when curly)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited April 19
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, I went to that meeting at the church. It was about getting a background check for all volunteers. I highly doubt the church is going to pay for a background check. My guess is that it's probably around $50. I am NOT going to pay to be able to lector or count the donations. Heck, I volunteer at the soup kitchen where I have more access to children than I do lectoring and I don't have to have a background check. Then my stomach really started to hurt. Vince thinks (and this makes sense) that perhaps it has to do with the fact that it was really warm today and I was exerting myself cleaning the entire deck. So I left early. I just want to take a shower and maybe watch some TV then go to bed.

Michele NC

I'm surprised the soup kitchen doesn't require the background checks. They probably will soon.

Here you can get a Working with Children and Vulnerable People card which involves a police check and several other things.
    I have mine!
    I was happy to go through the process to get it and had no worries about getting it.

And I think it is an excellent idea and I am glad to hear that your church is putting something similar in place.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Rebecca cute hairstyle. Glad you are happy with it

:) My hair was starting to get long when the pandemic started and hair salons shut down. I haven't had a professional cut since. I have trimmed the ends myself a few times. I like to to tie it up in pigtails with colorful scrunched.

yqz1q48x9loz.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I have started wearing 2 long braids, one on either side, similar to that. They worked well for Fencing. But I don't like my hair touching my ears when I have it up, so I use barrettes to keep it away from my ears.

M in Oz