Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    If you eat before bed, it will get stored as fat.

Also, that muscle weighs more than fat.
    I think this needs to be refrased: actually I think it sitll holds some truth in it: say a palm sized muscle weighs more than the same size of fat becaused of the different density, right?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I listened to my dad who told me Jello was alive and thats why it shook when you tried to eat it. My parents tell me I used to scream and cry whenever they put a spoon of it near my face. :embarassed: :laugh:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I used to think blackheads were little worms that were anchored to the bone and when i picked them ( I know, ewww) i wouild crush them between my thumbnails to kill them.

Also, when I came to Canada I'd never seen hockey ( i was 12) and I thought icing was when a forward slid sideways on his skates and kicked up ice in the goalie's face. I believed that for a long time.

And that the D.C. in Washington, DC, stood for something latin which would mean The Capital.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok. Embarrassing admission here.....When I was in middle school I totally thought Taylor Hanson was hot and that we'd meed one day and have cute little musical babies, No seriously, I completely believed that he was my soulmate. (If you don't know you Hanson was......Mmmbop. Yes that's right. I was in love with Mmmmbop).
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    i thought that people with white vehicles couldn't afford to have them painted a color. :bigsmile:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I thought skinny people didn't have any problems.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    i thought that people with white vehicles couldn't afford to have them painted a color. :bigsmile:

In the same category

Because of my father I've always believed that nobody drove YELLOW cars because they were all bad.. which is why they were called lemons.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when I first figured it out, but from the first time I ever saw "The Wizard of Oz" when the witch was mixing the poison, I thought the pestle (mortar & pestle) was a chicken leg; as if the poison was like BBQ sauce on the drumstick.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid when people said Boysenberry Icecream I thought they were saying PoisonBerry and I couldn't understand why people ate it, or why they were allowed to make and sell it! It also made me believe the Mr Whippy that came down our street was evil and I'd spy on it over the fence and cry when people offered to buy me icecream.

Maybe it's why I can't get enough Icecream now, making up for lost time
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, we used to visit relatives in Toledo, Ohio. We always stayed in the same Holiday Inn, which I thought was "Toledo". The first time we stayed at a Marriott I freaked out all "I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO TOLEDO!!"
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My sister told me girl names had to start with "a", as in Carla, Anna, etc. Therefore, my name was actually a boy's name and I became determined to change it.

I also thought that husbands and wives had the same last name because you had to find someone to marry that had the same last name as you.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    When I first arrived to Australia ( from europe) age 14 some boy told me there was a rare breed of koala that attacked humans .. Hmmm .. I believed this for years !! Koalas are the most docile creatures but will scratch if they feel threatened ..
  • I used to believe girls DONT fart or poop! ha!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My husband used to think all rabbits were the size of dwarf rabbits ( 2-3 pounds), and that they pooed wherever, etc. I guess that's not really a gullible thing, he'd have no reason to know. But it was hysterical the first time he 1. saw Lucy (she's 12 pounds of solid rabbit) and 2.watched her shoot across the room to use her litter box instead of pooing on the floor.

After typing that out, it's really not that dumb lol. Just surprising to me I suppose!

And Sublimely, my husband STILL believes that to a point.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I thought that after the age of 2 you would go to jail if you did anything wrong :P literally i was thinking about this at the age of 2! lol i was disappointed to reach 3 years old, meant i couldnt do anything wrong anymore! lmao
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I thought all white people has pools.
    My first white friend actually did have a pool. I don't remember which friend ultimately did not but I can assure you I was both disappointed and relieved.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    forever I thought Famous Amos cookies were loaded with alcohol! Yes, seriously. That's one thing my parents loved that they didn't want us to get our hands on, so they told us they were for adults only, because they were baked with alcohol. We never ate them....
  • Random_Name
    Options
    Freedom of speech.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I also thought men had one less rib because god used adams to make eve.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    In our very young days my sisters and I believed we were white because we drank white milk and other people were "chocolate" because they drank chocolate milk, we were very confused about who drank the strawberry milk.