What is your ultra goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Vera1987
    Options
    I see no difference between goal weight and ultra goal weight.
    Mine is 160 at 5'8"

A goal weight is what you're aiming for. I think an ultra goal weight is like the lowest that you would let yourself go.

I'm 5' 5
    My goal weight is 130 lbs but my ultra goal weight is 115 lbs. (Assuming I correctly know the definition of an ultra goal weight)

Can we talk about this? Why should we even be discussing 'the lowest that you would let yourself go'? That sounds like an unhealthy thought process - "Tell me what the lowest of the low you would ever let yourself get." why? How about we focus on being "our most healthy" weight, because clearly this ideal of "Ultra Goal Weight" and "Lowest you would go" just doesn't sound like a fitness goal at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression the vast majority of us on MFP are here because we have a hard time getting to and maintaining a healthy weight, whether that's above or below what is appropriate for our height, age, and muscle mass.

GW (Goal Weight) supposedly refers to a small goal/accomplishment/step (whatever you would like to call it) in the process of reaching your UGW (Ultimate Goal Weight), UGW meaning that you are no longer going to pursue losing weight, rather you are now going to maintain.

PS- it has nothing to do with the ED community, it is just a way of breaking up and tracking your weight loss in segments rather than saying you are going to lose the weight in one big chunk.

Hope this helps! :wink:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you - 5'4"- and I'm aiming for 68 kg (150 pounds).
    115 sounds incredibly low for this height, is that actually a healthy weight goal?
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5. My goal weight is 145 lbs. I think I can obtain and maintain it. I'd LOVE to be 130 but know I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Soo, my ultra goal weight is 130 lbs.
  • AlynLeigh
    AlynLeigh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I am going to be a little bit of an odd ball on this one. I am 5'8 and my goal is 225-250. I know that is still considered over weight but I love my curves (minus the belly) and my husband loves them more. I just want to be healthier and feel more confident. Anyone ever watch the show Big Sexy?.... Yeah, that will be me. ^_^
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    5'8" and whatever weight it would take to be at 7% body fat..................even for only a day. I'm guessing based on my lean body mass that would be right around 165lbs.

I'm 5'8" also and got tested at 7.1% at 170lbs last week FWIW.
  • omgzstef
    Options
    ....do you realize that weight is extremely unhealthy for your height?
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I will be happy at 140, 130 would be better but we will see. :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    115 sounds incredibly low for this height, is that actually a healthy weight goal?

It's fine... For a person who is 5' 6", 115 is at the edge of "healthy" and "underweight," so for someone shorter obviously it's okay (per the BMI, anyway)

EDIT: as a side note, the BMI categorizes 5'4" and 150 lbs as just a bit overweight. Not that the BMI is written stone tho, obviously it will vary with your body type. :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4" and was down to 117, I looked normal and healthy at that weight, not very thin at all. It all depends on your frame and build.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" My ultra goal weight is probably down around 160-165. 175 is my current goal weight. I'll re-evaluate when I get down to that goal.
  • Fit4Life59
    Options
    Just began program, my current weight is 190 lbs and my ultimate goal is 160 lbs; wish me success....peace.
  • charly_80
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - my UGW would be 130. Starting weight was 153 at 144 now and plateauing - again!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10277143.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    For the people who keep defending their goal... you must know you're aiming for an unhealthy weight, otherwise you wouldn't feel you need to defend your choice.

Back to topic...

I'm 5'8 and aiming for 130lb. I would be happy to get back to 140lb but I was still flubby there so toned anywhere from 130-140lb, I would be happy with.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am okay 5' 2 1/4 although I thought I was 5.2 1/2 which I always said 5.3. My goal weight is 115lbs. although after losing weight after babies I've always been able to get to 110lbs.
  • sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5 6 and curent 193 goal 150!:)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    ....do you realize that weight is extremely unhealthy for your height?

me?
  • sarahsedaii
    sarahsedaii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I would like to be 125. I am 273 now.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I want to be around 170-165, I'm 5'7" and still want to be curvy. I've been lighter and I look emaciated (I am big boned).
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    5'5.5" here, and my goal weight is 145. My ultra goal weight is 140, but I wouldn't let myself fall below 135. At 140 lbs, if I don't have the body size I want, I will instead focus on maintaining that weight but instead toning/strengthening more. I'd rather stay heavier than end up with no hips/butt.(!!)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    5'6" and below 20% body fat. Whatever weight that puts me at I will be happy. I am 29% right now and 177 so given that I can stop myself from losing much muscle I think it will be about 140-150. Larger tahn I thought my ultimate goal would be in terms of weight' but I've been pleasantly surprised how GOOD I look at this relatively "high" weight because of the muscle I've built.

*edit* actualy I guess below 20% is a preliminary goal - I can't even conceive of it being lower right now. but I guess I'd like to be more like 17-18.