LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yep, the struggle is REAL @xbowhunter - Awesome you stuck to your personal wants.

I had the best intention to skip wine tonight, but ended up having two large glasses while cooking some meals for my DH’s camp trip.

A revelation…… I sometimes allow myself that ‘extra’ 1-2 glasses of low cal wine when that is what I buy……so end up having more than if I had 1-2 glasses of a nice wine. While drinking low cal wine is actually LA , I am finding this defeats my limits goal. 😠 My better plan is to finish April with 15 AF days for this month.

April stats:
    AF - 10
    A - 5
    LA - 8 (less than 2 glasses and/or low alcohol content)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    16 - AF
    4 - LA (LA = 1-2 drinks)
    3 - A
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AF = 17
    A = 7

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a good day!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    @tmbg1 Way to go!! I know what you mean!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Went to a Zumba class yesterday and loved the Latin music. DH is out of town and I am admittedly enjoying the extra quiet for a few days. Had two glasses of red wine last night while watching American Rust. I like the acting, but not sure if I will continue watching after 4 episodes in season one. Hmmmm.

Planning on choosing AF days until Sat or Sunday when the Art and Wine festival comes to town this weekend.

April stats:
    AF - 10
    A - 6
    LA - 9 (less than 2 glasses and/or low alcohol content)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    AF- 17
    A - 7
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @lmlmrn good to hear about the follow up on DH. Gosh, I think this is a great example of why we need to do the Colorectal tests, and those pesky Colonoscopies when warranted and as we get older. The fact that the polyps were found and removed is excellent and sounds like you guys have a good plan in place for next steps!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AF = 18
    A = 7

MIL was moved to a nursing facility yesterday. There’s definitely pluses and minuses to this move.

Didn’t drink. Don’t have it in the house. Really stressed about MIL, going back to work, and other very specific things regarding my kiddos. Instead of drinking I’ve taken to adult coloring books. I never thought I was one of those people who would do that, but it definitely takes my mind off the drinking.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    16 - AF
    6 - LA (LA = 1-2 drinks)
    3 - A
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Had wine last night with dinner! uggg!!

A - 14
    AF - 10
  • Michieb125
    edited April 26
    Options
    Happy Friday LA friends!

Did a little reading on the effects of alcohol this morning, and found guidelines for standard drink serving sizes. Just a reminder for myself and why I want to limit my servings on a given A day.

gbsa6cxmqs20.jpeg
  • Michieb125
    edited April 26
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron hugs to you as your MIL moves into a nursing home. I’ve walked that road and understand the challenges.

@lmlmrn there is a reason you had your whiskey night and funny how something like this will cause us to pay better attention. You know what they say about hindsight!