What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    JB_ACC wrote: »
    -Some "friends" get weirdly competitive or passive aggressive
    Your "tighter" appearance can cause others to feel threatened. It can get difficult in the workplace when your line manager, a compulsive over-eater, begins to frequently verbalizes his athletic accomplishments - something that never happened before your began the myfitnesspal journey.

This happened to me last time I lost a lot of weight. I had one person in my place of work continually harp at me "you're too thin! you're too thin!" every time she saw me. At the time, I was a healthy 120 pounds (I'm five foot four).
  • JB_ACC
    JB_ACC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All that protein! Lol
    In my experience its not the protein, but all the extra hydration & fiber. I can have a very low protein day and still cause the digestive gas problem by having 2L of water & a small bag of dried apricots.

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    mae1658 wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of people telling me not to lose any more weight. I am not underweight and know I usually feel better with another 10 lbs off. But it's just weird that people either feel self-conscious or if they don't like me being smaller than I was, or if they've only known me while I was at my heaviest? I've come across 3 people now who actively tell me "not to lose anymore weight".
    I've lost 27 lbs in 4 months on carnivore and feel great.

I don't know. 1 person saying don't lose more weight... I'd say just shrug it off, they're not used to seeing you smaller. But 3? That would give me pause. But I can't say, because I don't know your stats nor can I see how thin you are. So, in the end, do what works for you.
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You posted great pics in the photo section, you look great!!! Since you are active and are at the lower end of "normal" I can see why you are getting comments. !30 puts you about on the edge, try a trial run of "maintenance calories" at 130 and see if that's what you want to do for the reast of your life compared to Maintenance calories" at 140. That should help you decide.
  • mae1658
    mae1658 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    pony4us wrote: »
    You posted great pics in the photo section, you look great!!! Since you are active and are at the lower end of "normal" I can see why you are getting comments. !30 puts you about on the edge, try a trial run of "maintenance calories" at 130 and see if that's what you want to do for the reast of your life compared to Maintenance calories" at 140. That should help you decide.

Thanks so much! I'm very happy with my results so far, and feel great. I live in the far north (Yukon, Canada), so I'm not wearing the bathing suit out in public - we're still in sweaters and pants and had snow yesterday lol.

Thanks for the tips on the maintenance calories once I hit my goal. I'll definitely try that. I know I need to add in lifting some weights to put on some muscle, so I'll be upping my calories to gain in that way a little when muscle is added. I know not to base where I want to be solely on the number on the scale, but rather how I feel and my strength.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!