WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hearth and Kettle...I remember that name. I think there use to be one in Falmouth, where my parents hung out in the 90s.
    Rosemarie from GA
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie: yes, I looked. The First Hearth and Kettle was in Falmouth. It closed in 2008 because the location was not drawing enough traffic! Rosemarie from GA
  • RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My friend G is in Paris and is out for a celebration lunch. This is the menu. I'm having the Tartare, Pêche, and Brioche. :p What are you having?
    2pmsacunwfoi.jpg
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Dorade
    Lamb and then cheese for me please
    (usually my husband and I order one cheese and one dessert and share)

My sleeping is a bit hit and miss I am struggling to find a comfortable position at the moment.

I have a hen night tomorrow which will be an overnight stay and dinner. Saving the calories!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    My friend G is in Paris and is out for a celebration lunch. This is the menu. I'm having the Tartare, Pêche, and Brioche. :p What are you having?
    2pmsacunwfoi.jpg
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I would find another restaurant.

If I'm reading it right, nothing there is vegetarian, dairy-free, and egg free.

Unless I am very familiar with how a restaurant prepares meat, and unless it is prepared the way I like it, I don't order it. In France, I don't order the meat.

I can handle some dairy all right, but in France, the dairy would be of the heavy cream and soft cheese sort and that would be disastrous.

If there's an egg mixed into a cake, that's OK, but I have a feeling the eggs in a souffle would not be good. I would be risking being nauseated and in a lot of pain all night.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Thursday Highlights
    - Worked from home!
    - Got quite a bit done at work.
    - Napped in the afternoon instead of going for a lunch walk.
    - Rained all day! So good to see!

I'm struggling with fatigue for reasons I don't understand. I rarely take afternoon naps, but this is my second in 2 weeks. I'm going to bed slightly earlier on week nights when I have to get up and go to work in the city. I'm going to bed about the same time when I can sleep in an hour and work from home. And I sleep a lot on the weekends.

But if there's any opportunity for me to close my eyes and relax a bit, I'm asleep. I'm regularly falling asleep on the bus, and then there are these afternoon naps!

Machka in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Heather - Gnocchi and Peche and Brioche pour le dessert. Let's go for the gusto! We fast tomorrow, lol. <3

Lanette
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Today is A good day for Moscato and watching HOOK!

8p0keyklz1nn.jpeg
    9l5cdp994r8r.jpeg

RVRita in NeverNever Land!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    Heather I will have what Lanette is having!🤗👍🏼 I had my husband decipher some of it. He can't speak French but he can read many French words.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - it will be nice when it’s all finished. When do they expect that to be?
    I’m with you on the simple ingredients, I always seem to be missing something.

Heather - I was a horrible sister to my younger brother, if I could relive childhood I might do that.
    I bet that card will be very loved.

Allie - I’ve been thinking about Tracy, hope she gets some answers she can live with tomorrow.

Rainy and cold here today and it seemed everyone was in a bad mood.

Lisa - I hope you enjoyed your peaceful alone day.

Heather - I moved back to butter from margarine almost 10 years ago now. It was because of cleaning my mom’s house out and finding a tub of margarine in the back of cupboard that was so old the ink was worn off of the tub, when I opened it thinking it must be rice or something I was shocked to find “brand new” never used margarine, there was no smell, no oils at the top it looked like you would be able to eat it. I decided it couldn’t be healthy. I think a lot of people are making the move back to foods in their normal states.
    I hope the 3 weeks go very fast for you. I can’t imagine having to wait for over a year in this state.

Rosemarie - I was going to suggest pots for your plants as well. I have been doing a lot of that, less weeding involved.
    If volunteering becomes a chore I don’t think it’s worth it to do.
    I think you visiting and chatting each day is very important, we need human connection.
    Debbie - what do you do with all of the tomatoes?

Lanette - I enjoy the Cricut but do seem to go in spurts with it. I can use it for so many different things.
    You impress me with running a chainsaw, so do the others on here.
    I grew up in “forest land” we only used wood heat and wood was cut and sold for neighbours. I was never taught to do any of it, it was “man’s work”. My grandfather was the one that did that stuff the most and he had very set ideas on what women and men did.
    I do remember being allowed to help sharpen the chain though. I poured the oil on and played with the files.

Machka - I would be going to another restaurant as well, however my French is very limited.
    I have been suffering from fatigue as well, but I think it’s the noise and movement in the school that I’m getting used to.
    When I was done working last year and a previous time when I had been under a lot of stress when things settled down it seemed I could have slept for weeks. You have been carrying a lot of stress since I’ve known you and it seems some of that has left now, your body may just wanting to rest now because it’s not in the fight or flight mode. I bet if you give into the naps without worrying about it you’ll feel so much better in a few weeks.

I have been adding to notes for a couple of days now, I was going to post last night and forgot.

Only 5 more days at this school and then I move onto elementary. I’m going to miss a lot of these kids.
    Apparently some of them have younger siblings in the next school I’ll be at.

I have 5 cards designed now, I just need to design a couple more and then I’ll put them together on the weekend.
    One good thing about doing these is that it’s kept me busy in the evening and I’m not snacking my way through.

Tracey in Edmonton

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    G had the Gnocchi and a dish of the day, which isn't on there, plus the soufflé. According to their website, they do have a vegan menu, Machka.
    I slept this afternoon, after my painful walk! But the good news is, the hospital where I'm having the two operations sent me the appointments for the pre- assessments, one by phone and a later one in person. Good news!! I did phone them to sort out a few details and to get an estimate of the fees they are charging. I only have a vague idea. They said they would be in touch soon.

My back is a bit sore from my shopping.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Vickie and Lanette and others who mentioned that it is probably best I left the rescue. Yes, I will go one more time next week. I am excited at the idea of being less tired and with less heat exhaustion on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Vickie..I have not thought about planting in garden pots, though I have several pots!

Well I joined a gym where a regular group of ladies gets together for exercise 4 mornings a week. And as luck would have it the long time instructor there age 51 has suddenly resigned. She was well liked. I don't have the full story yet because I was at the rescue. I hope this gym still plans to have this exercise class. This is what I was planning on doing since I was no longer doing the rescue.

I believe I am mostly an introvert. But I might be a borderline extrovert because although I can make ice coffee here at home I am inclined to drive to McDonalds and get their ice coffee. Several of the ladies know me there and just this contact seems to make my day better. Strange how that works! I have a zoom church group at 10:30 and there is a zoom meditation group at 1pm. i have to be careful that I don't totally live a Zoom Life!

For the couple of people that live in GA ..NPR has started an 8 part series on the Athens GA music scene. I believe one episode will be a discussion of the B52's, a group I liked. The NPR show is called World Cafe and this is a series called A Sense of Place. The first episode was last night.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

almost all of my garden is planted in pots except for the two raised beds. Our soil is so bad. I have at least 20 in the back I think(haven't counted them yet, can't remember from last year). I also have lots of pots in the front and will have more soon as the plants in the green house get big enough to be planted in them. The pots are great- less weeds usually and the extra height of them means you don't have to bend down quite as far.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I love fresh tomatoes in a lot of ways. My all time favorite sandwich is a BLT but only with home grown tomatoes. Many get eaten right out there in the garden, same with the cucumbers.
    I also make a lot of pico de gallo. I will wait at least another month to plant the cilentro- I usually get a bit ahead of myself and plant it when the tomatoes but then, it is ready long before the tomatoes are and has gone to seed by the time the tomatoes are ready. Need to work on my timing.
    I also share with friends. Trying a lot of new varieties this year. Last year, plants were massive but no tomatoes- need to make sure I get tomatoes this year.
    I grow large slicing tomatoes, different colored ones and a few types of "cherry" tomatoes. One new one I am excited to try is Tiny Tim- supposed to be really little-perfect for salads but also for sun dried.