What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    waking up with a cup of joe and trying to figure out if its realistic to lose 30 pounds in 3 months...I never put time restraints on myself but I have a huge physical event (my first 5k) coming up and wonder if its just time to push a bit harder is all.

It's possible but I think you've been at this a while so it's probably pushing it. You could probably do 5 to 8 pounds per month for a little bit longer. After that I expect it would slow down to about 4 pounds per per month. And after that maybe 2 pounds per month.

Also time expectations can be demoralizing though of course everyone is different.

If you do decide to increase your calorie deficit maybe start by upping your steps per day first instead of cutting food. See if that helps.

Also people who menstruate should probably not compare their weight from week to week but rather compare their weight from month-to-month.

I don't know if you were asking for all that so please forgive me if I have overstepped

The hard part about increasing my steps is my lack of time, my job is early am to late pm (and its a sit down job) which is why it has been harder lately to be consistent in a routine. I walk my lunches most days but I don't get that many steps in a 30 min window. I have considered just waking up a bit earlier to get activity in and then I can add that to my lunch walks which will give me more burned calories throughout the day. You did not overstep I put my thoughts out there so I expected I might have some responses to said thoughts.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    waking up with a cup of joe and trying to figure out if its realistic to lose 30 pounds in 3 months...I never put time restraints on myself but I have a huge physical event (my first 5k) coming up and wonder if its just time to push a bit harder is all.

It's possible but I think you've been at this a while so it's probably pushing it. You could probably do 5 to 8 pounds per month for a little bit longer. After that I expect it would slow down to about 4 pounds per per month. And after that maybe 2 pounds per month.

Also time expectations can be demoralizing though of course everyone is different.

If you do decide to increase your calorie deficit maybe start by upping your steps per day first instead of cutting food. See if that helps.

Also people who menstruate should probably not compare their weight from week to week but rather compare their weight from month-to-month.

I don't know if you were asking for all that so please forgive me if I have overstepped

The hard part about increasing my steps is my lack of time, my job is early am to late pm (and its a sit down job) which is why it has been harder lately to be consistent in a routine. I walk my lunches most days but I don't get that many steps in a 30 min window. I have considered just waking up a bit earlier to get activity in and then I can add that to my lunch walks which will give me more burned calories throughout the day. You did not overstep I put my thoughts out there so I expected I might have some responses to said thoughts.
    Yeah it is really difficult getting steps in especially when you work any kind of sedentary job or standing still job. I try to break mine down into increments of 5 to 20 minutes and I just grab that time wherever I can. So I take a morning break and an afternoon break and lunchtime but obviously not everyone can do that
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,790 Member
    Options
    d2zkkcvtrxma.jpeg
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    2qkui0x4s3xu.jpeg

Whoa...This just really hit me, thanks for posting.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I wonder if stress can hold onto weight. Not fat necessarily, but maybe inflammation/bloating/water. It seems like if I am in a consistent deficit the scale goes down but only in a slow creeping kind of way. But on the weekends when I get more sleep and eat a couple hundred more calories per day, I often get a whoosh.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but,
    don’t we (the US) already have a holiday that covers, Mothers, Fathers and everyone else in our lives? (Rhetorical question)

It’s called Thanksgiving.
    I am so tired of Hallmark holidays.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I only need one more check box to be a confirmed red flag 🥰
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    If you're a nice guy only when you get your way, are you really a nice guy?
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    If you're a nice guy only when you get your way, are you really a nice guy?

Oh, I know, I know……… NO
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The storms are coming
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Too many unresolved issues with my ex, my mother, myself.
    I need to get my ***t together.
  • Butterflywings24
    Butterflywings24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and consistent things can only get better
  • gillylucky
    gillylucky Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if the diet has stalled but according to the plan of losing 2lbs/wk with my current duration... i'm actually 5lbs ahead of my planned weight loss pace, so I guess I just keep going and stay mentally tough.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    When some church ladies told me how they had a church bus drive around the neighborhood picking up random kids and taking them to VBS. They got real quiet when I asked about parental consent and told them that is kidnapping.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Can I get everything I need to do today done?
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Why are fitness watches so ugly?
    They look fine for exercise, the usual daily grind but what about when people dress up a bit?
    Maybe they want to wear the watch all the time but it’s butt-ugly with the cute outfit.
    Seems companies should work on a sleeker model for outside the gym and/or grocery store.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    They look fine for exercise, the usual daily grind but what about when people dress up a bit?
    Maybe they want to wear the watch all the time but it’s butt-ugly with the cute outfit.
    Seems companies should work on a sleeker model for outside the gym and/or grocery store.
    I agree. I took mine off when I went to my sister's wedding but for whatever reason I couldn't bear to be apart from it so I tucked it into my bra and then I lost it. Hours later I used find my device app. My son found it in the road. It had been run over and he brought the shredded pieces back to me
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I agree. I took mine off when I went to my sister's wedding but for whatever reason I couldn't bear to be apart from it so I tucked it into my bra and then I lost it. Hours later I used find my device app. My son found it in the road. It had been run over and he brought the shredded pieces back to me

I’m sorry, I’m laughing….😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I’m sorry, I’m laughing….😂

It was pretty funny that there was barely anything left but the location thingy was still working😂.

Also my other sister bought me a new one for Christmas❤️