Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Just went out and saw the Aurora Australis! With the naked eye here, all we can see is the green/white colours, but still nice. 🙂 I spent quite a few years living in northern Alberta where the Northern Lights appear in all colours.

People are getting coloured photos of the Aurora Australis tonight, but I'm not sure how they're doing it. Ah, OK, I think I've figure it out, but I'm not seeing much of them right now and they would require a tripod which I don't have access to right at the moment.

Nevertheless, I think that's the first time I've seen the Aurora Australis. 🙂

That's now my main highlight today!

Another highlight was spending time at the local Tip Shop and picking up a few things for the garden and for our grand-daughter, and a couple DVDs for us. One is a series of Shaun the Sheep. :smiley:

While at the Tip Shop, we came across an 'acquaint-friend' ... someone who is kind of between acquaintance and friend ... who we haven't seen for a while. Really nice catching up.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When I got up this AM, my PC said that the internet was back on. Evidently, the Northern Lights messed up the electrical connections for a bit. Tracey has some beautiful photos on her Facebook page and hope she shows them here.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Another quick check in..today is townwide tag sales..not going out..im still recouping..will do some laundry..and rest up..I did alot of driving over the last week.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    Lanette - I don't think it had got as far as an affair, legally, but he was deceiving her, and clearly getting close to someone without her knowledge. They live separately, and he obviously needs to compartmentalise his life, while she is an open book. Plus, she was on a hotel mystery test visit one Friday (one of their days) and asked him to come for a drink because she was feeling lonely, and he lied about what he was doing and even lied on a family group WhatsApp text. He was out with the woman, and other members of the Quakers, he now says. Once trust is gone, that's it.
    I know she is wondering if she has done the right thing, but you have to have trust and honesty between you.
    I'm sorry to say there were red flags from the beginning, and i have seen her banging her head on a table with frustration, but we are all good at ignoring those!!! 15 years is a long time. She is one of my favourite people in the world.
    They are both counsellors! I said how weird it was that I was counselling a counsellor. I'm sure she will do a lot of second guessing, but the point is, if it's not right for you, it's not right.

Congrats to all of you seeing the Aurora. All the times we have been north, it has been 24 hrs daylight. It has been seen in the UK, but not this far south.

Lisa - Awwww! Your house will feel so empty.. I get auditory hallucinations after the kids have been with us. So glad it went well.

My mind is preoccupied with my DSIL at the moment. I know there will be a lot of talking when John gets home.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Today is A busy day: biking, belly dancing, eating what you want, watching windmills and more!!

fdiptc4nl34p.jpeg
    alflnir72gw6.jpeg
    sqizsd741cnn.jpeg
    e50o1g9vo34d.jpeg
    t83j35u6ezts.jpeg

RVRita in NM
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Heather - For your DSIL - I'm assuming she loved him, at least really cared about him although it wasn't reciprocated. Here goes:

Flea and Tracey and Okie - wonderful the Northern Lights put on a show for you. I guess they did around here at midnight, I'm seeing lovely photos. Hope there's a repeat tonight.

Rita - sorry your DMD is in such a state. Hope she'll continue talk to you and get unstuck from her past resentments. Was her father an alcoholic? She might benefit from Al-Anon. She might be surprised to learn that those people she has cut out of her life are probably glad to be removed from her drama at some level. ;) Her resentment is mainly hurting her.

Lisa - happy the tornadoes didn't blow you away. Glad you had such a good visit with your friends and nice that John and Soraya popped down for a bit. Life is back to normal for you now. :) Any updates on Corey's DB's plans?

It's already nearly 80 here - no yardwork for me today. Grass still has a lot of moisture anyhow.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    Tracey - Great photos! Apparently people could see them here too with a camera! I noticed nothing.

DSIL is going to ring John on Monday as she is away for the weekend. John and I had a good chat when he got home. So far, she texts that she is staying strong, despite wobbles.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 5min 47sec, *pushed Lucy in buggy, stopped by estate sale*, 127elev, 2.94ap, 90ahr, 142mhr, 6.31mi= 691c
    Strava app = 773c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 53.41min, 912elev, gear33, 106aw, 11.4amph, 49arpm, 101ahr, 114mhr, 10.23mi= 316c
    Strava app= 325c
    Zwift stats- 53.41min, 915elev, 106aw, 48arpm, 11.40amph, 10.2mi= 326c

Total cal 1007

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/ evening ya'll
    Got laundry through the wash and got the garbage together, Dan stopped and took that out for me..
    And I took another little nap.
    I hope yes all the rest of her pregnancy is safe..they will be keeping a very close eye on her and she will be going to more frequent appointments.