Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Planet Kevrit so far:
    Moon of Kevrit
    Prologue

The Space Station Intelligence Agency was currently circling the moon of the magnesium farming colony Kevrit. The head of the colony, Elphen, was reported missing by one of the residents. This colony also provides tourist with tours of the farms. It is a remote area with only a few hundred residents. The rest are tourists or here for business. People are scared but not surprised. Elphen was known for his inter-galactic property development and questionable investments. People are being brought to the SSIA for questioning.
    Characters:

Whiz-bang (arch enemy) I am an Anglo-galactic whiz-kid turned space tourist. I get called on for all the major inter-galactic problems. When I was young, my main hobby was blasting small meteors with sound waves from my intergalactic pellet gun. I used my computer to calculate where I should aim my gun. Most of the time now I spend just cruising around.

Bytes (Computer) I am Elphen’s computer. I might look middle-aged and self-righteous but I am not psychologically unbalanced like some of my computer predecessors. I enjoy being a computer. To me, tricky calculations and parallel computations are fun rather than a chore. But I don’t just do calculations, I am also the backbone of all his other house and transport devices. They all turn to me for advice. It’s me that tells the lights to turn on when it’s dark and when Elphen sensed entering a room. Elphen bought me over ten years ago via a storm on the Galactanet. He argued with them over the price a bit. But he was happy with me. He said I had the facilities he wanted.

Data Foot—(business woman)I am a very intelligent creature from an outer galaxy. I run a floating help desk and am a technological savior. Shortly after I was born, they tested me for my intelligence quota and I scored 499 out of 500. They discovered that most of my intelligence cells are in my feet, so they nicknamed me Data Foot. Growing up was difficult. My parents wanted me to learn everything I possibly could so I spent all my time studying. My large feet seem to put people off so I don’t have a partner. I concentrate on making money instead.

Plant—-(Magnesium farmer) When I was young, my dad took me to an intergalactic convention on magnesium. I was so excited. There were people there from all over the universe — people like us that lived on moons and mining magnesium. He died when I was young and so I had to take over the business. I do my best to make the farm profitable but it’s a meager living. My mom runs a tour business on the moon. There are about sixty inhabitants on this moon. Mom matched me up with one of her tourists a purple Sheoate from the bands of Titanus. Our only problem was with me being green and she being purple. But nonetheless, we love each other.

Star—-(Elphen’s Girlfriend) I am an attractive female apparition. When I was born on the farming planet of Endo, the galactic suns must have been shining extra brightly, because I turned out to be exceptionally beautiful. My mother entered me in every intergalactic baby and infant contest ever held and I won tons of prize money. I even beat those cuties from the Beauty Galaxy. We were poor, so she tried to make as much money out of me as she could. Now I work as an acting model for the Gala Spacecraft Company. Basically I act in a soapie and they film us in there latest spaceship. I live off this and money accrued from previous now dead husbands. I am a Black Widow.

Iodine - (Elphen’s Towel, female) I was manufactured over twenty years ago. I am designed to last at least fifty years. I am self-cleaning and I can change color to match the decor on on demand by pressing one of my color tags. I was manufactured to the specifications of my owner, Elphen. He wanted a large luxurious soft towel like myself. I am one of the top of the range towels. I have an instant ability to feel warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm. I never become smelly and moldy like some lesser quality towels. I am always dry and soft. Being a towel is a very intimate job. You become very acquainted with your client’s body and sometimes their friends body. I am an intelligent towel and contain memory chips of all I care for. My memory is uploaded to Bytes once a day.

Tears - (activist) They call me Tears but it’s not my fault if I’m always teary. Because of some genetic stuff, I don’t have any eyelashes, so I have to cry all the time to keep my eyes lubricated and cleaned. I was born in the middle of a protest where my parents were both killed when I was still a baby. The intergalactic parent club adopted me and they took care of me. When I grew up, I became a crusader for the downtrodden and started my own activist group. I set up rules to forbid us from helping bad people. We only work on the side of goodness.

Chapter 1
    Iodine
    Bytes, Whiz-bang, Star, Tears, Plant, Data Foot, Iodine, and Bytes all met in the space kitchen of the SSIA. Brought in by an SSIA law investigative robot, they are at a loss as to why. Iodine tried questioning the robot investigator as to why a mere hygienes robot towel would be brought in, however the investigator only told everyone to wait for further instructions. The dining area was full of patrons, however, they were all SSIA employees. The Moon’s residents look to each other for support and answers. They each take turns explaining who they are and how they could possibly be a suspect. Elphen has disappeared. These residents have no idea where he could be.
    Iodine says “Why am I here? Tears, do you need me to wipe away your tears and keep your face dry? After all it is my duty to serve.”
    “No thank you Iodine, I’m alright. I have my own means of drying off. The tears simply evaporate, see?”
    Towel continues: “I am a robot made to care for the director, family and friends’ hygene. Custom made for Elphen, I tend to his personal needs, from providing drying, to water, steam, instant body heating or cooling as needed, cleaning solutions, smell reducers, and pleasant scents. I provide teeth cleaning, shaves, haircuts, manicures and pedicures as Elphen needs. Personal hygiene is my duty. I was manufactured over 20 years ago and am good for another 30. I am very close to Elphen and listen to his concerns. I am self cleaning, but have begun to falter as Elphen has not had me serviced as of yet. Temperatures, and scents lost their newness. I advised Elphen of this, and am awaiting an appointment. It has been several years since I asked for the appointment.”
    “After 20 years of faithful service, I can’t understand why I need to answer these questions. Perhaps, they will download my memory for possible clues. I can’t imaging what they would find. I told the arresting SSIA officer everything I knew. I am a robot and cannot lie. Besides, I upload my memory once a day to Bytes. I was not made for long term memory storage, only daily chores.”
    He turns to Tears, “How about you Tears, do you have any ideas as to why you or I would be here? By the way, how DO your tears dry so quickly? It is amazing to me? Do you use a Towel Robot like me? How often do all of you, if you have one, service your Towel Robots? I am curious as to the care I am missing out on.”
    Nervously, Tears looks around the table at the others and begins. She starts by wiping her eyes with her arm to see more clearly. She is an activists but does not like being put on the spot.

Chapter 2
    TearS
    As you all know, my name is Tears. I do not have any eyelashes so my eyes tear constantly to lubricate my eyes. The tears instantly evaporate when they get to my cheeks. The heat of my face dry the tears instantly. I was born at a rally my parents were attending. My mother died giving me life, and my Father died trying to protect my mother and me from the SSIA who were trying to bread up the rally. I was adopted by the Intergalactic Parents Club and taught to always fight for rights. I was taught to defend my beliefs at any cost.
    I met Elphen at a rally here on Kevrit. He was trying to inform people of the evils of Magnesium farming, while trying to drum up more tourism. I began as a tourist on this moon, but soon became an advocate for the downtrodden magnesium farmers. The farmers are not treated fairly on this moon and many others. Upon researching this, I found how badly they had been treated and took it upon myself to fight for them.
    I argued with Elphen at the rally about the plight of the local farmers and how more tourism would destroy the farmer’s lives. He was all about bringing more money into the community and move everyone to a service economy rather than a farming economy. We parted angrily and I vowed to convert him over to my side. I have not seen him since the rally 3 weeks ago. When we parted, he was healthy and angry!
    What about you Plant? I am on your side and want to hear what your ideas are on the debate between farming and tourism. Pant looked around the table at the other suspects then looked down at his drink and shyly began his story.
    Chapter 3
    The group was visited by a serving robot who presented them menus. They each ordered things from their own native cultures. Whiz-bang asked the robot “I see you have meteor balls with space carbs. I would like that if it wouldn’t be too much trouble.” He turned a bright orange in anticipation of a lunch he hadn’t had in years!
    Star ordered a plate of vegetables from her home planet of Endo. The food she chose reminded her of the food her parents grew on her home world. She glowed with anticipation as she hadn’t had an old fashioned meal from her youth in years.
    Iodine was bubbling over with pleasure when he found he could order towel scents and oils to boost his mood.
    Bytes started flashing his lights once he found they had binary food.
    Data-Foot was a bit aloof at all this excitement over food. She only ordered a dainty dish of brain food and a wash basin for her feet. When the server offered to wash her feet for her, she beamed and allowed it, feeling as if she deserved it. Since all her brain cells are in her feet, she basked in the foot soaking and massage from the server.
    Plant ordered a sun bath, water, and a bowl of moon soil. His roots tingles and waved around at the thought of an old fashioned produce meal!
    Tears reviewed the menu and chose organics for her meal. Her yellow color darkened when she found these. She knew they were very expensive where she was raised so asked the server how they would pay for their meals. “There is no charge. When on the SSIA, all necessities are free. No luxuries and no extras, only what is needed. Meeting the needs of our varied occupants, each meal is made to order. If anything else is needed, such as clothes or foods, our Fabricator makes to order as well.” The server went on, “I will get your orders and return quickly.”
    The group stayed quiet nervously thinking to themselves until the server robot returned with their orders. They all tucked into their food as if starving. Everyone turned into satisfied colors as they ate. Once finished, Plant began her story.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We had a bit of an adventure getting a quote ... nevermind getting the floor done. We contacted 2 places, one came on time, but they didn't have the type of flooring we wanted. The other left us standing around, then finally texted that she was running late and couldn't make it that night but gave us another time. At that time, we waited and waited, and I texted, and finally I got a response and she came over to do the measurements, about an hour and a half late. We went to the show room, chose a flooring, chatted with her and she told us that she'd have the quote the next day. That was April 8.

On April 24th, I emailed about 5 flooring places to find out if they could give me a quote. 2 responded that they'd get right back to me. I haven't heard from them yet. 1 actually responded to me, we popped into the show room on the 26th and picked a flooring, they came and measured the place when they said they would the following week, and we got a quote that same day.

Oddly enough (haha), we went with the company that responded to us! We still have to get the floor done, so we'll see. But so far so good.

I have to presume the rest of them aren't interested in new business.

Once the floor is done, we paint.

Meanwhile, our new shed has been delivered but it needs to be built. As it happens, we're finally getting much needed rain which is great ... but it kind of gets in the way of building a shed. Also, it takes my husband a while to sort out what needs to be done. I keep trying to encourage him to walk me through what he's got in mind, but he can't.

I've been a bit worried about him because he was asking me the same things over and over during the weekend. Hmmmm ...

I'm edging ever closer to wishing I had a magic wand to wave and get it all done.

Monday Highlights
    - completed a document I wanted to finish today
    - figured something out in TEAMS
    - got my flu shot

Machka in Oz

I would paint before the floors go in, then, no worries if paint spills/drips on the old floor

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Monday: Joe’s resolved to reduce brandy and sugar to lose weight and keep his fingers from twinging. Now it’s my turn, ugh.
    Sunday: slugs didn’t get the baby lettuces in the six pack I left out overnight.
    Teri had to google Eurovision. Lovely tribute to your dear friend
    Machka Wow what a view! Hoping what Heather said about Rowan, moving and the shed turns out to be the case, and temporary.
    Lisa not goofy at all. Your friend would want to really know. Thanks for the insightful meme. Love how the answer came to you from your sleep. That’s how Joe problem solves too.
    Lanette thanks for the recommendation of the Mountain Detective. Was delighted to learn my SOPBS membership entitles me to watch on Passport. Now the challenge is to march in place instead of sitting… ;) Unfortunately I’ll still have to get Brokenwood and Corner Gas from the library.
    Heather that Max is a pistol! :love: the pics especially Bea in the bubble, and is that Edie making the face?
    Michele glad your friend got help at the Swiss sanitarium. Nothing is more debilitating that total loss of hope.
    Annie retail therapy and reading romance novels is better than junk food. ;)
    Sue any estimates on how much to repair the septic system? Was the renter-from-hell a referral from the traveling nurses?
    Rebecca channeled you yesterday when I doctored up a bowl of ramen with Ginny’s balsamic chicken, carrots, celery, Vidalia onion, red and green cabbage, In the pic of Athena’s 5th bday, what happened to her arm? Do you know the lefse song?
    Tracey alas it was foggy again last night. You’re a faithful watcher of the voice? Did you watch it last year? Wondering about Teddy Swims, was he a contestant, and if not, how did his song “Lose Control” end up on the finale? https://youtu.be/uKT_DoZ0DSQ
    We line danced to his “Broke” and now this one. Amazing voice.
    Debbie congratulations on those sales. Your gardening is inspiring. Thought what you did about painting before the floors go in ;)
    Time for PT exercises, then pot up the wandering strawberries and do a little weeding. Will miss line dance class this morning to stay home with the dogs while Joe goes to the DDS for a filling :sick: PT appointment is not til 4 this afternoon so will stay in down for the evening dance class, first time in ages, since it now stays light later.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, .live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Rita--Glad your daughter called. My step-daughter has not talked to us for over 5 years because we would not co-sign for them to buy a house. We tried several times to talk to her and not luck. She lives with her mom and she is very bitter about the divorce.
    Tracey-- Thanks for sharing the pictures, so pretty.
    Carol--Your grandson sounds like a good kids.
    Rebecca--Beautiful family pictures. I am still waiting to see the ones we had taken last month. I just hope to see them soon.
    Morning--Breakfast
    Midday- Lunch
    Evening around 6- supper
    Had a nice and peaceful Mother's day. Went to church and then DH took me out to eat. Then we drove around and did some geocaching and then home. My DS called me and several of the others texted me. So enjoyed the day.
    Today back to work and hoping to get my job posted and find someone dependable.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My basil keeps dying. Other herbs thrive, so I'm not sure what I keep doing wrong. Any suggestions from you gardeners out there?

Debbie, how large is your yard and house? That's a lot of plants and cats.

I have a meditation about mother's day which will have to wait.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,378 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in 5-13-24

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - 151.6 so down just .2 but better than going up.

Rita in Roswell NM - Down a little from last week. That’s encouraging!

Lanette SW WA State- Also down .5 # this past week, staying in desired weight range. Getting more activity “house walking” again now that foot is healed and doing more outside chores. Diabetes Prevention Program starts this afternoon.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely Mother's day yesterday. Went to church and sang in choir. Came home and read for a while then DS called and we had a nice long chat. He has his golf weekend coming up. His golf buddies are all going to San Diego this year and will spend 3 days golfing at Torrey Pines. They have rented a house close to the beach and share the cooking. We also talked about DD and I going down sometime to see one of the big horse jumping shows at Del Mar. That would be fun.

We do not expect to hear from the tenant's dad. We sent the letter certfied mail and have not gotten the signed receipt back yet so he may have just refused delivery. The law requires us to send a letter or the deposit within 30 days after she left so we did our part.

I grew up with breakfast, lunch and dinner but I know a lot of the farmers in SD where we lived did breakfast, dinner and supper. Dinner was the big meal of the day and supper was lighter. Lunch was a meal hauled out to the fields if they cold not come in.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Gratitudes:
    Monday: Joe’s resolved to reduce brandy and sugar to lose weight and keep his fingers from twinging. Now it’s my turn, ugh.
    Sunday: slugs didn’t get the baby lettuces in the six pack I left out overnight.
    Teri had to google Eurovision. Lovely tribute to your dear friend
    Machka Wow what a view! Hoping what Heather said about Rowan, moving and the shed turns out to be the case, and temporary.
    Lisa not goofy at all. Your friend would want to really know. Thanks for the insightful meme. Love how the answer came to you from your sleep. That’s how Joe problem solves too.
    Lanette thanks for the recommendation of the Mountain Detective. Was delighted to learn my SOPBS membership entitles me to watch on Passport. Now the challenge is to march in place instead of sitting… ;) Unfortunately I’ll still have to get Brokenwood and Corner Gas from the library.
    Heather that Max is a pistol! :love: the pics especially Bea in the bubble, and is that Edie making the face?
    Michele glad your friend got help at the Swiss sanitarium. Nothing is more debilitating that total loss of hope.
    Annie retail therapy and reading romance novels is better than junk food. ;)
    Sue any estimates on how much to repair the septic system? Was the renter-from-hell a referral from the traveling nurses?
    Rebecca channeled you yesterday when I doctored up a bowl of ramen with Ginny’s balsamic chicken, carrots, celery, Vidalia onion, red and green cabbage, In the pic of Athena’s 5th bday, what happened to her arm? Do you know the lefse song?
    Tracey alas it was foggy again last night. You’re a faithful watcher of the voice? Did you watch it last year? Wondering about Teddy Swims, was he a contestant, and if not, how did his song “Lose Control” end up on the finale? https://youtu.be/uKT_DoZ0DSQ
    We line danced to his “Broke” and now this one. Amazing voice.
    Debbie congratulations on those sales. Your gardening is inspiring. Thought what you did about painting before the floors go in ;)
    Time for PT exercises, then pot up the wandering strawberries and do a little weeding. Will miss line dance class this morning to stay home with the dogs while Joe goes to the DDS for a filling :sick: PT appointment is not til 4 this afternoon so will stay in down for the evening dance class, first time in ages, since it now stays light later.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, .live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

I do not know the Lefse song! Need to Google that! She fractured her elbow doing cartwheels in the living room!🙄. Ooh channeled me eh? I was cooking soup too! I sauted some mushrooms and onion in Italian herbs, butter and garlic paste. Then cooked some Italian sausage raviolis. I added more Jimmy Dean sausage bits, and rough chopped some fresh spinach. I added the sausage to the pan and about 3 cups of hot water with a spoonful of Better Than Bouillon chicken flavored. After the pasta was done I added some half & half mixed with a spoonful of corn starch and poured in, then added the spinach and pasta. It was delightful! Ramen is another one of my favorites too!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,277 Member
    Options
    Beth - Sending you best wishes for tomorrow. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    My basil keeps dying. Other herbs thrive, so I'm not sure what I keep doing wrong. Any suggestions from you gardeners out there?

Debbie, how large is your yard and house? That's a lot of plants and cats.

I have a meditation about mother's day which will have to wait.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

neither is very big. The cats stay mostly in their catio, especially on sunny days like today-There are two parts to it- one is the height of our house and the other is half but hopefully adding onto it this summer to make it the same height- the length is half the length of the house and about 6 ft deep. Thankfully, they all pretty much get along and very rarely do they get crazy at night. Pretty calm, just tend to take over the bed so I have to move them over.
    Yard is small. Everything I plant is in either large pots or in the two raised beds my parents built for me.
    At mom's, we plant about an acre of garden.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,218 Member
    Options
    Rita: One only ever sees a leprechaun out of the corner of one’s eye as he disappears. If you are ever lucky enough to catch one, he has to give you his pot of gold from the end of the rainbow.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,605 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/family- 59.42min, 34elev, 3.11ap, 97ahr, 167mhr, 3.09mi= 315c
    Strava app= 379c

At pismo for the 5 days

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,745 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I had Tracy speak with s friend of mine who works for the state and got her doctorate in nursing ,and she can help get Tracy or give her suggestions on where and how to get things done. Where she is having the babies isn't the best for especially the special needs ,Yale where I had my surgeries and where I was born is really the optimal place which is about 40 min away.
    I have 2 drs appointments in the morning. So will sign off..
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! @LisaInArkansas, my name is Monique, but I am called many nicknames. Most people call me Mo. I currently live alone in Mississippi with my dog, Rose. My husband just moved to Chicago in October. We talk and visit when we can. I will stay here until I qualify for my pension, which is in 17 months. I love it here; it is so lush and green. My therapist and my doctors are here.
    My plan to return to work this past weekend didn't work out. I was in my car, begging my dog to leave the back seat. Then, my neighbor was in a chatty mood. I heard an angry growl to my left as I talked to her. It was my other neighbor, Rotweiller, so I quickly jumped in the backseat with my dog, Rose. Then she was growling at the dog for barking at me. So, my neighbor drove over to tell the owner that his dog was out. So I was in a lot of pain. I decided to stay home and get my foot x-rayed. I discovered that I had multiple fractures. I was bummed cause I needed to work out to lose weight. I did a modified Zumba today for 30 minutes.
    My foot is in pain now. I am the worst patient in the world. Nurses can be terrible patients, my husband tells me. Now that my son is done with exams, I have been getting calls from him, and he wants me to visit him in New York. I will wait and see how long he has spent with school and his internship.

@okiewoman510 Thank you for sending the pictures of the lights; I have always wondered what they looked like. I read about them but never saw them. They are beautiful.

@kevrit, it is hard to get your child into therapy. I haven't talked to my daughter for two years because I am trying to be a prodigal parent. I am in treatment, too, and I am trying to deal with the pain that she has given me over the years. My husband caters to her. He even got her a new car from Carmax (which was new to her). I disagreed with that cause she stole my son's car. She has stolen so much from us. So, I had enough and told her she couldn't ever come to this house. It is always something I didn't do for her, or I love my bio son more than her. So now she is dealing with her bio family, and I am okay with that. I know that I gave it my all in raising her. I had her since she was four weeks old. Sometimes, as mothers, we must do what we can to keep our sanity. One day, I hope Julia will understand what she has done wrong. I hope your daughter will know you did what you had to do to survive. I hope your daughter will forgive her grandmother and aunt because time is too short.
    Overall, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    @grandmallie, I wish your daughter a safe pregnancy. Please get more rest; she will need you to get through this, trust me. I had two high-risk pregnancies, and they were tough. It sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends, so take it easy, too.