Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 259

Options

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »

@SheilaBoneham Pasta or pizza - same result for me. I just TRY to avoid wheat.

@quiltingjaine When we have pasta at home, we use red lentil or black bean pasta, but restaurants…. I had planned to get something without pasta, but the primavera was singing to me. 😊

@SheilaBoneham - I have to admit, I've never heard of red lentil or black bean pasta. We've been experimenting with no-wheat options when baking, with pasta, etc. Where do you buy your red lentil or black bean pasta?

Pretty much any grocery store. We shop mostly at Meijer and Kroger and both carry them. We also get chickpea pasta, which I didn’t mention. I’m actually not crazy about the black bean pasta—it falls apart easily—but I like the other two, esp the red lentil.

I'm not a great fan of chickpea pasta, I find it all tends to stick together and look a bit of a mush. It's ok if the pasta is completely covered in veggies & sauce. I've bought green pea pod pasta this week to try.

@musicsax You’re correct, the chickpea spaghetti does clump up into a mushy mess. We get the rotini, which works better. But I prefer the red lentil pastas. Let us know how the green pea pod pasta is, please!