Replies

• Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Any advice on what to work on be appreciated
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,472 Member
    Options
    Not gonna make any advice based upon your photo, but will based upon your posted workouts: work on consistency. The most perfect workout plan will produce zero results if you miss half the workouts, or do them only occasionally. Only through consistent work week in and week out, gradually increasing intensity as your body adapts, will you see bigger results.
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Not gonna make any advice based upon your photo, but will based upon your posted workouts: work on consistency. The most perfect workout plan will produce zero results if you miss half the workouts, or do them only occasionally. Only through consistent work week in and week out, gradually increasing intensity as your body adapts, will you see bigger results.

Yeah I understand what you’re saying. The workouts I’ve recently posted are short due to shift work but will have longer workouts on my days off.
  • nossmf
    Options
    I was not referring to the length of any given workout; short bursts of activity, if planned properly, can be plenty fine.

I was talking instead about the gaps of days, weeks and months between posting your workouts. If you've been still making it to the gym each week for however many sessions as you had planned, and merely didn't post about them, then you're likely good. If, however, the erratic posts are an accurate reflection of erratic exercising, that can be improved upon.
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    I was not referring to the length of any given workout; short bursts of activity, if planned properly, can be plenty fine.

I was talking instead about the gaps of days, weeks and months between posting your workouts. If you've been still making it to the gym each week for however many sessions as you had planned, and merely didn't post about them, then you're likely good. If, however, the erratic posts are an accurate reflection of erratic exercising, that can be improved upon.

Ah yes sorry I understand. Yes I’ve been consistently working out just not always kept up to date on here but trying to keep posting to drive me to do better each session
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    Full body workout today.
    Incline press x3
    Shoulder press x3
    Pull up x3
    Squat x3
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Gymladmatt wrote: »

What are your current goals? Just general fitness (Brad Pitt Fight Club physique) or do you want to look jacked/yoked... and yes, it's entirely possible to get to that status even for those that start very late.

For the FC type look, it's mostly about getting lean enough, for more of a bodybuilders physique you would need to start to work on what we call "mirror muscles". Shoulders, chest, upper arms, back/lats for the V taper, and the mostly ignored traps. Staying lean enough to avoid looking "blocky" is also important - unless the "bear" look is ok with you.
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Gymladmatt wrote: »

What are your current goals? Just general fitness (Brad Pitt Fight Club physique) or do you want to look jacked/yoked... and yes, it's entirely possible to get to that status even for those that start very late.

For the FC type look, it's mostly about getting lean enough, for more of a bodybuilders physique you would need to start to work on what we call "mirror muscles". Shoulders, chest, upper arms, back/lats for the V taper, and the mostly ignored traps. Staying lean enough to avoid looking "blocky" is also important - unless the "bear" look is ok with you.
    No look in particular just to look more muscular and leaner really
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    Yesterday workout
    Incline bench x3
    Flat bench x2
    Row x3
    Deadlift x2
  • nossmf
    Options
    Small suggestion: your number of push sets exceed the number of pull sets. This is a VERY common error most male bodybuilders make (most female lifters are pretty even push/pull, but their mistake is overemphasizing legs over upper body). This can cause not only strength imbalances, but also joint and postural problems as well when the stronger push muscles start to pull the shoulders forward, something made even worse by a lot of guys sitting for hours driving, working or watching TV.

A goal you can work towards is to plan out that for every 3 sets of pushing you have 4 sets of pulling. Doesn't have to be equal weight, in fact most times it won't be. But give the pulling muscles more love while you're still early in your lifting "career" and your joints and spine will thank you later.
  • Gymladmatt
    Options
    Small suggestion: your number of push sets exceed the number of pull sets. This is a VERY common error most male bodybuilders make (most female lifters are pretty even push/pull, but their mistake is overemphasizing legs over upper body). This can cause not only strength imbalances, but also joint and postural problems as well when the stronger push muscles start to pull the shoulders forward, something made even worse by a lot of guys sitting for hours driving, working or watching TV.

A goal you can work towards is to plan out that for every 3 sets of pushing you have 4 sets of pulling. Doesn't have to be equal weight, in fact most times it won't be. But give the pulling muscles more love while you're still early in your lifting "career" and your joints and spine will thank you later.

Thanks for the advice. Will work on adding more sets 👍🏻