Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,131 Member
    [quote="exermom;c-

Debbie – I’ve never seen a meat tenderizer like that. Wish I had one.

Michele NC[/quote]

There are a lot listed on Ebay- not exactly the same but does the same job.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l2632&_nkw=hand+crank+meat+tenderizer&_sacat=11874
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited May 30
    Jenn in North Seattle - Welcome! Glad you've joined us. Software conversions were never fun... and it doesn't sound like that slip did you any good either! Sounds like you've got your head set right for getting healthy. My husband and I were looking for the same kind of place and found it here in Arkansas--11 acres in a rural community, but only half an hour from the services we need, mostly medical. Only ten minutes from shopping, but far enough out to be a little more peaceful. Now we just have to build a barn! 😜😄😁

Heather - Thinking about you, my dear, and so excited for the next phase. John is such a trooper, and it sounds like the grands had loads of fun. What the heck is "posh bacon," pray tell?

Tracey - I did wonder how your feet were doing during your practicum. Hope you can get to the doc and get that and the snoring looked at. If you can sort out when you snore the worst, there might be a simple fix. A friend of mine stitched a tennis ball in the back of her pajamas so she couldn't sleep on her back, because she only snored when she slept on her back. Said after a couple nights, she got used to it and it worked well. The Mayo Clinic gives as the two top home remedies sleeping on your side and losing weight. None of the medical interventions sound very spiffy.

More in a minute...
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited May 30
    Regarding caffeine: there are several different charts, but I thought this was one of the better ones.

I drink 2 fairly large cups of strong instant coffee a day (usually) which probably amount to about 20 oz of coffee and probably in the neighbourhood of 450 mg of caffeine.

I also drink about 600 ml of Pepsi Max which is about 20 oz of pop and probably in the neighbourhood of 75 mg of caffeine.

Fortunately soft drinks have a relatively small amount of caffeine.

Fortunately chocolate has quite a small amount of caffeine. I don't eat much chocolate so my caffeine quantity from that is probably in the neighbourhood of 1 mg.

That's about 525 mg of caffeine/day.

They say up to 400 mg of caffeine/day is all right, so I'm just a bit above that these days. It's gone to that because I am so tired, so I'm making my 2 cups of coffee each day ultra strong. However, I have started making slightly smaller cups recently.

nophnq145tdu.png
    https://drlisawatson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Caffeine-Chart-1.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Not much happening here. Since my sports teams are done for the season, I've signed up to work concerts. This Thursday I will be backstage for Stevie Nicks. Also will work load in day shifts at Red Rocks. It's all outside work so no worries about getting enough sunshine here.

Condo pool opened this weekend. I love lap swimming but also want more variety. Does anyone have a preferred site for learning deep water exercises?

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Very cool!

Deep water exercises around here are done in the ocean. :) Or a bay. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Sheesh this kitty is gonna be the death of me,I need uninterrupted sleep..I love her dearly but goodness she is all over the place at night.

Will she walk on a leash? If so, take her for a walk late in the day for half an hour or so. Then, if she still has energy, toss ping pong balls for her to chase.

That should wear her out. :)

We do that with Rhody and he sleeps quite well at night.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    On me. I've started a general well-being journal. I have been tracking my health and sleep and even food. I really need to figure out my issues since no medical professional has a clue. There is no obvious link or trigger. I am leaning toward hormones. The other night, I woke up around 3am with pain. I leave heard and read that our hormone levels drop (as well as other things change) around 3am ( or 3pm for shift workers). For more than 20 years, I have been regularly waking up around 3am. So, I believe there is some truth to this.

Time for more coffee. Enjoy the day!

Tina in CA

Have you looked into Pudendal Neuralgia?

At some point, when I have more time, I want to go to my Pelvic Physiotherapist and ask her about Pudendal Neuralgia because I think that, at last, it might explain so much.

Interestingly, Telfast (Fexofenadine Hydrochloride) seems to provide me some relief. I take 2 at night, which helps me sleep and eases some of the symptoms I now attribute to Pudendal Neuralgia.

Sometimes when it is really bad, I go with Telfast and Panadol and Ibuprofen. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often but it used to happen on the day before my periods started, regularly, like clockwork. So yes, I think hormones are linked in there somewhere.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Today was about 2 km of walking + 28 flights of 20 stairs up and 32 flights of 20 stairs down.

I had nachos at lunch and still feel full.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Morning ladies
    About Siri...if I close the door she scratches the door and I don't want her ruining the door,Ive put up a gate in front of the door and she somehow gets her way around it..
    I play with the laser and she really isn't interested in toys,
    Im not supposed to have both a dog and a cat..so taking her outside would be a no no ,on a leash
    I was sneezing away yesterday so took cold meds last night.. slept well
    Heather thinking of you as you get a new hip...
    Sue in NW Washington
    I watch Lindsay and Leslie ,Unsellable houses they are always working in Snohomish..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,767 Member
    Good news! The hospital rang me to confirm my admission is at 7 am. :D
    I can eat until midnight and drink water until one hour before admission. I have to do one more antiseptic shower in the morning and nose stuff. Not hair.
    I will get an Uber in. Small wheely case and a large handbag. Stick.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

That's AWEsome! I always prefer to be the first one for the doc in the morning when s/he is fresh and ready to work. Hate being late in the day. Plus a much shorter time to be awake and worry-warting about everything for me. Too many procedures in my life, obviously... :smiley: Can your DH not go with you? Or do you prefer it that way?

Love,
    Lisa

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,583 Member
    Lisa - I prefer it. I hate having to worry about him. :p<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx