WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Just finished my Zoom with my girlfriends, and my son should be returning John in half an hour, and visiting. I have promised I won't go downstairs alone in the house. :)
    I've got some face on, which is nice, and changed my clothes. Walking around is much easier and I can use my crutches in the walk through style, like Nordic poles. I can even get by with one crutch, but the physio told me to wait until I'm not limping. Very little pain.
    I've got my physio appointment for the 17th.

Just got to find a way of washing my hair. John may have to turn on his shower for me, as I have no idea how to use it, and then I can have a quick one. (Mine is up steep stairs). The dressing is shower proof, but you are not meant to spray it directly with water.

Tonight is fish and chips delivery. :D

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I'm glad you're doing all right after the surgery. :smile:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Kim- adorable..its basically rent a dog and getting paid for it 😄
    Just spoke to my brother,he and Jean are going through a rough patch..and God Bless him...I hope he can pull through it all..
    I love him to pieces and will do whatever I can for him ..but its just so hard to so hard to see people you love hurt so much.
    Tomorrow morning ,last shot,and then pick up next script for Trulicity
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Oh Kim I meant to mention how great it is about your doggie sitting! We always have a house sitter whenever we are away. I'm sure you do love the furry attention! Meg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 7
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: no real bad neighbor drama.
    Pip, yes she looks comfortable and confident no one will step on her or disturb her.
    Machka hadn’t heard the term “nightmare disorder” but the recurrent nightmares I had as a child (and occasionally thereafter) seem to fit. Often said what a relief it was to wake up and get to go to work. ;} ((hugs))
    Margaret, bravissima!
    Vicki ((hugs))
    Barbie turned the knob herself? :noway: what is it about our husbands’ socks that are so irresistible to our pooches? ;)
    Debbie so glad you got a sweet younger lady skin doctor this time. After a bad experience I refuse to see a male dermatologist. Hooray for the “all’s clear”!
    Heather rejoicing the pain is lessening. Good luck with the shower.
    Kim congrats on the new business! Wish you were about 400 miles closer ;)
    Arrived 10 minutes before the lab opened, only to find 7 or 8 people in line before me. With only one tech, knew there was no way I’d be able to get home, make breakfast in time to pick T up at the auto shop. Instead indulged in fat breakfast (French toast and bacon) at a local café. NOT the way to fuel better than yesterday. Good long walk with T helped the CI stay < the CO. Now just need to get up and to the PT exercises that I skipped this morning. . . and start the laundry. . . and and and …

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Heather-almost forgot-sounds like you are doing really well with surgery. The post surgical pain is very different from the bone on bone before it. Slow and steady!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Margaret … the peonies are beautiful

Beth
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Ginny … wow! Stitches are no joke…

Heather … so glad you’re healing!

Kim … yay for the new dog sitting gig!

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Meg … welcome back!

Lanette … yes my balance was off for about 2-1/2 weeks after the surgery. It is fine now. I’ve experienced in the past what you’re describing with fluid/stuffed head and something like Claritin/Zyrtec has always helped. The inner ear is a fussy little bugger!

Beth

Beth - ah, thanks. Glad your balance is OK now. :p I finally remembered I had Zyrtec in the medicine cabinet so it looks like I'm back on it for a few days. Glad we have these meds!

Ginny - Stitches! Glad you had brother and SIL to help you with bandages and get you to the ER. That was some nasty shelf.

Lanette B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, made a fabulous salad for dinner tonight. I saved a portion for tomorrow as well. I’m grateful to live near a fabulous grocery store with all of the fresh ingredients and that we are fortunate enough to be able to buy them. When I sit down and do the math, this is expensive - but delicious.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a42939128/chickpea-salad-recipe/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=arb_ga_pw_d_bm_prog_org_us_a42939128&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9vqyBhCKARIsAIIcLMEwPnPX1a4fpypmL1vsf0NristfD6e9Z-Ysv1vhKjsIIN9wkuVZ_VAaAi9lEALw_wcB

I am trying to lose weight, but in a way that is maintainable and uses intuition. My diet today was balanced and filled with many different foods. I don’t have any cravings, probably because my needs are being met. Tomorrow should be good as well, since I still have everything prepped. So I have to figure out what food I want to make tomorrow night. It is hard to prep when I have 3 big guys (2 still growing) that plow through everything I make. They finished the salad, and had the full dinner their dad made. :0

I got in my 3 laps exercise tonight. I’m up to 1.5 miles in 1/2 an hour, which I feel is really great. I’m going to sit here for a while. Over 1/2 an hour starts to feel onerous. It might be that I do that level during the week, but add up a little on the weekend. My knee is holding. Just some pain in the first 1/4 mile, then it warms up and settles down. I just have to make sure I walk well and don’t step on a pine cone. They are everywhere!

Rita - that sounds like a lot to manage!

Barbie - Your puppy is so smart!

Heather - Wow! You are recovering so well! Fabulous! I’m glad you are staying off the stairs when you don’t have help. Sorry the evenings are a little rougher. Hopefully you can just go to sleep and wake up in the morning, refreshed, to a new day.

Debbie - hope you had a nice time at lunch!

Machka - This sounds like an unsettling experience, but it looks like you are figuring out how/why it can happen. I find that understanding the reason why for things really helps me to process and takes out some of the sting. Is there a way you can reduce your stress? Do deep breathing to bring in your parasympathetic nervous system? I had to do that with work and it really helps. Or maybe some reframing?

Lisa - OMG! Burning plastic? That’s horrifying. Is there anyone to report that to?
    I try to look at the world from a funny place as well. I grew up with “If you can’t laugh, you cry,” which I find to be true with me.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Didn't get to sleep until 2.30, with all the annoying minor pains. Took all my pain meds together. >:) After that, slept well until 6.30, when the new day brought renewed vigour! :D I've been up walking about with crutches, and done the prescribed exercises. I automatically do the bed ones all the time without realising it. This is Day 5.
    Next test, the shower. :o I have no shower mat, but have asked John to see if he can detach the sucker grip handle from the bath and put it on his shower wall. It is very firmly stuck, so it may not be easy. I'm longing to wash my hair!

Ginny - How annoying for you. Glad you got the stitches. I must say, I'm a little afraid of the shower. I think I will order a mat today. I have always thought them so ugly, but it's only for a while. I have never used John's shower, so don't know how slippery it will be. It's very easy to walk into though.

Onward!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx