Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MY fitness “deleted pal” has to be resurrected. Email the owner corp as suggested. Unsubscribe to premium. Let them know. I depend on the private group n newsfeed n have noticed my lack of motivation n readiness to log etc since everyone is leaving to another app. These r the consequences of changing to something new vs using the newsfeed WE ALL USE! It is an intricate part of what makes mfp successful. Please restore
  • the7ofus1993
    the7ofus1993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep the newsfeed
  • sugagirl5
    sugagirl5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SAVE OUR NEWSFEED! This is awful! This app will completely fail without the newsfeed, what a dumb decision for the app developers to make! You’re cutting us off from our community! Post more ads if you need more revenue, but everyone will leave if they continue this
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    SAVE our NEWSFEED!!
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    Been trying Lose It this week, and it sorta sucks. I wish MFP would just keep the newsfeed instead.

I agree....have you tried navigating Loseit on your PC? I fond it so much easier than the app...I am getting use to both.
  • Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sooo frustrated trying to navigate without the newsfeed. ! Ugh. Sooo dumb to get rid of it. Smh. Feel free to add me ( anyone) trying to rest n RICE this Achilles tendonitis crap. Always something. Here for vocal support tho n cheer section lol
  • angelas711
    angelas711 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bring back the newsfeed!!! Seriously. Bring it back.
    Options
    ruthjac wrote: »
    I just wrote to the idiots on the board my reactions to taking away the newsfeed. Now I have no idea how my friends are doing and NOTHING to challenge myself with. This community blog doesn’t do anything and the private message access is just a path to your email.
    I would have paid more for the storage necessary for the newsfeed. I have been a subscriber for many many years and I’m sick of the changes they institute without proper notification.

Everyone is paying anywhere from $15 to $50 at Loseit for a yearly membership and have a newsfeed. I'm sure everyone would have given MFP the $$$ to keep the newsfeed. Oh well see ya MFP
    Options
    My question is what is the use of "friends" now? Unless you are planning to email them all the time? I think all those threads about 'add me' and I need more friends should all go to the junk pile where the newsfeed is now.

Exactly!!!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    First Fitbit takes away challenges (I don't use Fitbit anymore) and now this. We can complain all we want - they won't change it. Fitbit didn't roll back and there were thousands of complaints when I last checked. This won't either. Especially if it is the free users who are complaining.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    First Fitbit takes away challenges (I don't use Fitbit anymore) and now this. We can complain all we want - they won't change it. Fitbit didn't roll back and there were thousands of complaints when I last checked. This won't either. Especially if it is the free users who are complaining.

I am sure they could have converted MANY of us to paid or reduced fee memberships just so we could keep it. But they chose instead to alienate a huge part of the long term customer base.

LoseIt takes a bit of getting used to, but their web version (which is also available on the phone browser) is largely reminiscent of the MFP of days past. I finally joined there and the community aspect feels a lot more alive than it does here.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Shock is right! I don’t go into the community section very often. I have had friends on here for years (MFP for 13 plus years), and imagine my surprise when I updated the app. I’m so upset!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Don’t be sad. Join Lose It. Don’t forget to delete your mfp account