Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Save The News Feed
  • Wishbone07
    Wishbone07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please keep the news feed... It helped me to lose a lot of weight and having supporters (friends) to to share my experiences and get theirs helped so much...Please don't take it away...
  • dwiley1956
    dwiley1956 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been a member for over 12 years and rely heavily on the news feed for accountability, staying in touch with friends,and to keep me who I am today. PLEASE reconsider!
  • cindylp65
    cindylp65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Save the newsfeed! It’s my favorite feature for keeping motivated to log-in and record my meals and activity! I’ve logged in every day for over 10 years.
  • Gsdluv6
    Gsdluv6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I thought lose it is free for the basic n u can upgrade n pay $ for premium. Think I’ll have to try it.
  • Debbiekrys
    Debbiekrys Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So mean to take this away
    Strange logging my food
    And my mfp friends can’t see it
    and I can’t see their food it feels
    Strange and I don’t even feel
    Like logging it in any more
    Wahhhhhhh
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Such a disappointment. I've been using this app for over 10 years and now I have no reason to log in. Accountability is gone and that's huge for me.
    I certainly wasn't here for the nutritional data that's been a bag of garbage for years.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for over 11 years! Why take the feed away? I have made the best of friends on here- they are just as important as logging my calories. I’m recovering from cancer- I need their stories to keep me motivated. This is heartbreaking. I miss my pals! Please bring it back. I don’t want to leave but what’s the point.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ruthjac wrote: »
    I just wrote to the idiots on the board my reactions to taking away the newsfeed. Now I have no idea how my friends are doing and NOTHING to challenge myself with. This community blog doesn’t do anything and the private message access is just a path to your email.
    I would have paid more for the storage necessary for the newsfeed. I have been a subscriber for many many years and I’m sick of the changes they institute without proper notification.

Everyone is paying anywhere from $15 to $50 at Loseit for a yearly membership and have a newsfeed. I'm sure everyone would have given MFP the $$$ to keep the newsfeed. Oh well see ya MFP

Mfp was so buggy overall for years. I literally can't believe anyone paid. They clearly were not taking any portion of the money and putting it towards proper development. Things seem to work at loseit, let alone I've already seen posts about how thier customer service is actually responsive. MFP is getting what it deserves.
  • ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was shocked to hear why all of the sudden my newsfeed is gone on the app.

The newsfeed I looked forward to viewing a couple times a day.

Hopefully they lose thousands of members to other apps such as lose it.

I been a member since 2016, joined lose it this evening. I am hoping I can make it work. So I can delete my account with mfp
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    ae92jay wrote: »

I been a member since 2016, joined lose it this evening. I am hoping I can make it work. So I can delete my account with mfp

Loseit isnt as fully featured, but its crazy how much more buttery smooth it is. MFP is an incredibly buggy app all things considered.

What are they even spending the money on here?
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    ae92jay wrote: »

Loseit isnt as fully featured, but its crazy how much more buttery smooth it is. MFP is an incredibly buggy app all things considered.

What are they even spending the money on here?
    Shareholders’s dividends? 🤷‍♂️
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned “Fat Secret”
    How similar is it to MFP?
  • 1BadAssGranny
    1BadAssGranny Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    I will be leaving soon. Looking for a program that can be run on a PC. Any suggestions?
    Without the newsfeed, all there are is ads that I have no interest in. Thanks MFP, enjoy your oblivion
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    I will be leaving soon. Looking for a program that can be run on a PC. Any suggestions?
    Without the newsfeed, all there are is ads that I have no interest in. Thanks MFP, enjoy your oblivion

I like that idea myself for counting calories. I might just create a spreadsheet for this. I started that project a while ago, in fact, but need to revisit it. It would be great to find a software program for the PC that is compatible with different OS. But, in lieu of that, a spreadsheet would work. I knew someone who once did it the old-fashioned way with a pen and paper and lost weight.

Try Loseit...it's very much like MFP...try it on your computer first until you get accustomed to it

Does LoseIt have a newsfeed?
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »

I like that idea myself for counting calories. I might just create a spreadsheet for this. I started that project a while ago, in fact, but need to revisit it. It would be great to find a software program for the PC that is compatible with different OS. But, in lieu of that, a spreadsheet would work. I knew someone who once did it the old-fashioned way with a pen and paper and lost weight.

Try Loseit...it's very much like MFP...try it on your computer first until you get accustomed to it

Does LoseIt have a newsfeed?

Yes it does