WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Welcoming all the new peeps to this room.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Pip – you are the champ!!!!!

Machka – the progression on your new home is fun to watch, it already looks so nice.

Lisa – the call of the power tools, the riding mower – I loved to watch folks faces when all 5’1” of me climbed out of the 72 passenger bus I drove in a past life. I bet up on the mower is like being in the bus, a chance to be “tall”. Also how was the cordon bleu meat loaf? I have done chicken cordon bleu, and had swiss cheese on a burger…..

I am having folks in for BBQ tomorrow and made a cherry salsa – it is savory with a hint of sweet and a hint of heat, for on pork loin and salmon. But all that chopping and I thought of Lisa, I can report I did not cut myself.

A couple of you asked about dog sitting - It is my side hustle easing the finances a bit and giving me some doggie love without the commitment my heart is not yet ready for. I am still doing all the embroidery as my main business.

In this area (all locations are different) dog sitting – or pet sitting in general is pretty good money. I figured out what to charge by looking at what was offered on the pet sitting sites. Most of the pet sitters who do it in their homes (instead of at the pet’s home) have dogs from multiple families at a time. That is not a right fit for every pet or every owner. So I decided to do the niche of just one families dogs at a time, which is why right now I have 2 dogs. Folks will pay more for the individual attention; I also text a picture and a few words every evening about our day. I do meet each dog and owner prior to the stay and have a packet of paperwork with vet info and permission to bring the pet to the vet, what, when and how much the dog is fed, info on medications if the dog is on meds. Sleeping habits, commands they know. And a few other things. My goal is 2-300 a month and that will be doable. It does affect your schedule and lifestyle, because the dogs don’t know you or your routine, so I try to do errands at times I do not have a dog sitting job and if I do go out, try to not be gone more than 1 – 1.5 hours.

Thinking of you all,

Kim in N. California

A friend of the family's(actually thought she was my cousin until just a few years ago) is a very tiny, not quite 5' tall lady and before she retired, she drove all the huge earth movers and things up in AK working on the pipeline. The pictures of her are really something to see.
    Add me to the list of the 5' tall ladies in the group.

The last of the baking for the dessert auction on Sunday at church is in the oven. The lemon curd tastes amazing- it will be the filling for the lemon blueberry cake.

Taking a bit of a break then need to finish packing the 3D printed stuff for the show.
    They want to leave here at 6AM- a bit early for a 10am show that is an hour away but that is better than running late. Like extra time to set up. We will be in Antioch.

Had my last walk around the wetlands for a while. It was nice but very windy- better that than no breeze and 90degrees. I did get to see one of the swan families right up close which was nice.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Just a quick pop in to see what’s what. Nothing much planned for today.

Machiavelli: 😍 all the new house prep. When are you hoping to move in?

Tracey: What terrible customer service.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Chrisivy welcome!

Pip congratulations!

Machka looks like the new house project is going very well. I like that blue color.

So we have all day to sit around. He keeps asking me what he is supposed to be doing.

Annie in Delaware

Thanks ... I really like that colour blue too. It's exactly what I want for the room ... just a pale, calming, beautiful blue ... nothing overwhelming. We'll see what a second coat looks like.

Does your father read?
    Or colour? Or do jigsaw puzzles? Or wood carving? or Sudoku?

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    Hello, my chickens, from the steadily brightening dawn of a soon-to-be scorching Saturday morning in the Arkansas River Valley,

Kim - It was lovely to see you posting - I'm so glad that dog-sitting is helping your wounded heart. I know you miss Levi something awful. My sis, who is exactly your height, drove a 40-ton dump truck in the oilfield, hauling materials to build oil drilling pads. It was one of the articulated ones, like this, where each tire is over six feet tall and weighs a ton apiece:
    xl55oetm4tck.png
    She always got some wild looks when she stepped down out of that thing. She, too, drove a school bus for years. I think there's a special joy in driving big machines for women for any number of reasons. Even more so when we're small! Glad the fire wasn't close to you.

Chrisivy in NE PA - What a lovely name to call someone. My mind and my tongue keep turning it over as to whether it's pronounced KRIS-uh-vee or krus-EYE-vee. You don't even have to tell me which one! Just like it. Welcome to the group, glad you found us. It's been a lifesaving peaceful, healing and supporting group of women who welcomed me more than a decade ago now.

Tracey - You are such an amazing friend - what a trial by fire for your friend to go through! I would have been hysterical, too. There's something about being trapped and unable to extricate yourself that makes me lose my cool completely. I hope she's recovered mentally, and good on the service tech for telling her the truth about the cost of the call. Get some sleep!

Rita - I actually slept for seven whole hours last night - first time I've done that in a bit. I do think the Skyrizi is impacting my sleep and my fatigue levels, or possibly the medication is interfering with either the iron or the thyroid levels that impact how tired I feel. I think keeping an eye on your thyroid levels is always a good idea, but I always have to push my docs to get it done. I hope you find out what's driving your fatigue levels.

I also know that weight gain affects my fatigue levels, and even though it's only about 5 pounds, that's three percent of my overall weight. It's possible the Skyrizi is impacting that weight gain by helping my body actually use the nutrition I'm putting in it.

So right now, my weight is hovering right at the 160 mark. The scale showed 159 this morning... and my fatigue levels have actually bumped me off my exercise schedule - I only got moving twice during the last week. I think it's a sort of vicious cycle--exercise helps me keep my energy levels up, but when I'm tired I don't exercise, so my energy levels never get that boost.

The two medical appointments threw me off my usual schedule as well, as they drive a tremendous amount of fatigue for me. I need to push through and do it anyway, but that's harder than it sounds.

Which for some reason made me think of Rosemarie. Haven't seen much of her in June, if at all. Hope everything's OK.

Enough scattered thinking from me! Time for some breakfast, kidlins. Not sure what yet.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    My dad does the newspaper crossword and sudoku. He also does jigsaw puzzles. He's got all that coming for Father's Day on the 16th. I've been trying to get him to do Bible study on his own, but he prefers the groups.

He does get lonely. I was going to take him to the library today, but not with his head cold. I just hope he is better by Tuesday, when he starts the program at the senior center for dementia.

Annie in Delaware