TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Wow, Terri! Do you mean that Saga will organise your pick up from NI? By bus, taxi, air? That would be great! Such a load off your mind with organising everything. Worth the extra cost. Plus, if it all goes wrong, they are responsible for setting it right.

Well, they have found Michael Moseley's body on the Greek island. Yes, I did cry when I read it. Although awful, it must be so much better for the wife and four children than not knowing.

Going out for my few steps in a bit. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Machka it looks great!

A big win for me this morning - while my dad is at church I drove his car around the block twice. It's much bigger and more powerful than mine. But it started - Yay! - and I got it tucked back in the side of the garage - Yay! It was last driven maybe a month ago. There's half a tank of gas in it, getting old.

We ought to sell it. I don't know if my Dad will ever be ready, so I guess I'm just avoiding the conflict. I think we will take it to CarMax, maybe when my sister comes back. That way I will have a ride home. We would have to take my dad along to sign papers. I wonder if my mom is on the title. Hmm.

Annie in Delaware

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Annie It is best to get the title in your name so you can sell it more easily. I got DH 's car in my name before I sold it. It took about 4 weeks to get the title. I am not sure about a title has two names on it and one has passed away if just your dad's signature is enough. To clear title you may need your mom's death certificate to show them. There is a fee to change the title. I don't remember what it was. I think it was less than $50.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Heather: Apparently, chauffeured car tho the airport, flight to Dover or wherever, chauffeured car to boat. One of our friends did it last month. So sad about Michael Mosley. He was a favourite of mine too.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Allie - As with Beth, not by any means exactly the same, but the quilt I'm in the progress of making is for one of my favorite nieces - she was due in November and born in August of 1997 at only 25 weeks in the womb. She weighed 1 lb. 13 at birth, lost down to 1 lb. 8 oz in the first few days, then rallied. She's incredibly bright, a true bookworm, and is now 26 years old and engaged to be married. She does have hydrocephalus, but never let it stop her from doing anything except hanging upside down.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Go for it Terri!!!! :D<3
    I know they drive people down from Scotland! We've talked to several on the ship. My friends father flew down from Newcastle under their care. He was in his 90s!
    We are so lucky that the ports are so very near us.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beth
    Tracy is at 23 weeks now .and they are keeping a close eye on her ,and I know she has a boatload of guardian angels keeping an eye out for her and the girls ..and as my dad and there double G used to say gotta have Faith..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Heather - Look at you outside walking. You look great by the way. I thought Terri had sound advice about inflammation after surgery and weight gain from that. Yes, a shame about Michael Mosley. I wonder if they'll be able to determine the cause of death since the body was out there in hot weather for several days. :#

Annie - glad your dad is doing better today. Good idea to drive his car and keep the battery charged and the oil circulating in the engine.

Lisa - the "Our Time" experience. Yep, nurse or purse - no thanks. After dealing with DH's declining physical and mental health, and his inattention to spending/budget that caused problems in our marriage, I'm not willing to risk it. All I did was put in a fake name, a rarely used email address and age range I'd consider (I put in 60 to 75 just for giggles), no other info. Nothing about me. That's all it took for photos of "just the type of guy I'm looking for" to come streaming in. :p

I was just curious how this online thing worked - no desire to get involved - don't want to go fishing, go out to dinner, take trips. Nope. Plus, I have T's DH and son and Roger across the street if I need "guy advice" or help with things around here.

I think our Rori has a type of relationship that would work for me if I do ever want a special male friend. Attraction by a happenstance encounter as I recall. Someone she has a lot in common with but he isn't underfoot. Rarely sees him, lol. Phone calls and knowing someone cares. Attention from a special guy. Getting to know him and vice versa. That's the way DH and I courted for years - we started out as pen pals.

Chilly and overcast right now. While a lot of the nation is boiling this week, the 10 day forecast for my area is calling for nights in the 40's, mostly sunny days in the 60's and low 70's.

We're supposed to have some sunshine this afternoon, so hope to start mowing. The old farmer/master gardener in me is intrigued by what's growing in my lawn. At least 5 different types of legumes. Vetch, black medic (kind of like alfalfa), 3 types of clover. Perfect sheep pasture! Some of these are blooming and I really want them to go to seed - though most of them send out runners and crossing fingers will continue to fill in the bare spots in the lawn caused by a couple years of drought. I'll just set the mower deck high to whip off the grass.

Weekly Check-in reminder. :p Please get info to me today or by tomorrow noon. TIA.

Make it a fabulous day <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,957 Member
    Options
    Today is I miss my grandmother’s strawberry rhubarb pie! It’s too hot anddry here to grow my own rhubarb or strawberries.

c9c2j4ijapsh.jpeg
    e5f9hvysc2gv.jpeg
    mq7y9546o3xw.jpeg

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Heather - it’s amazing how fast you are getting around.
    I still wash my hair in the wash basin as you call it, I just called it the sink. I don’t care for showers at all, I find them claustrophobic.
    Growing up we didn’t have hot running water in the house, so I washed my hair in cold water in the mornings, then I would go catch the bus. I don’t know how I did that.

Lisa - Kaitlyn is a terrible sleeper has been since birth. She shared a meme a few months ago to start a movement of “All Sleep Matters”, I tried searching for it but couldn’t find it.
    It’s good you are able to sleep when you need to.
    Corey’s garden looks so full!
    You’ll have to let me know about the reflective window clings. We will be moving our tv to a wall that the windows will reflect on, I’m hoping that will work to stop the glare but still give me the light I so desperately need.

Annie - I don’t know how I would be in a caregiver mode. I like to think I would be good at it.

Machka - I’m thinking about the after school care. If DH wouldn’t complain I would do it here at home, he doesn’t want it though.
    I know it was a couple of days ago you asked what we do to relax in times of stress:
    I found the thing that works for me is to actually sit in silence for a bit each day.
    I take a nice bath each evening
    I look at positive quotes and memes and I craft.
    When I can I go outside.
    I also try to get more rest, it’s the only thing that helps me keep going through it.

Rebecca - your driveway looks great. Also, a roast beef dinner is one of my absolute favourite meals one reason being the hot beef sandwiches for leftovers. I may need to make a roast this weekend if I can find one affordable.
    I don’t think that’s your living room looks busy, it looks cozy to me.
    When I have those cleaning jags, Rodger asks me what he did wrong. I used to do a lot of cleaning when I was working off a mad. I always did it, even when I was young. Kaitlyn and Michaela both tend to do the same. 😂
    There is a video of Michaela as just a toddler rearranging a dolls bed of mine. I’ll see if I can find it to send via FB.

Michele - I hope for Vince’s sake the kittens arrive soon.
    Also, I hope you get that foot checked soon.
    Are there labor laws for minimum shift hours. Here in AB it is 3 hours unless there is a superseding collective union agreement.

Rita - sorry you are having to make the decision about your meds or the dogs, but I know you know I’m your heart which is the only option.
    Do you have to pay to do laundry everyday because of the dog too, on top of the work?

Pip - you’re doing great on the cycling.

Kim - it sounds like the dog sitting is a really good fit for you.
    A lady I go to ceramics with dog/house sits as a side business.

I had ceramics last night, just after got home and was sitting down starting my catch-up with you ladies when my friend that sold her house and moved into a camper this winter called me crying so hard I was having trouble understanding her.
    It’s a bit of a tale so I’ll put it in a spoiler.
    Turns out that as she was at her storage unit she had dropped her keys down the elevator shaft. She called the after hour emergency line of the facility and was told that it wasn’t an emergency. So her truck and camper keys were unreachable, her truck was locked and blocking their entrance.
    She called me at 930 pm. I drove into the city with a huge candy cane made out of pvc pipe and a ladder so we could reach in through her open sunroof to get her purse out. We got the purse which at least had her spare camper key in it. The plan was to drive to her camper and get her spare truck key and come back and deal with the lost keys today. When I got there she was on the phone with the after hours emergency number and they for over an hour had been telling her that they couldn’t do anything, and she would have to leave or be charged and alternately telling her she would just have to wait for morning. She finally yelled at them and told them to call the elevator repair people, she had called the emergency line for them and was told they would respond, but she couldn’t order it as she wasn’t the client. We then waited for the facility to call back again and they told her she would have to pay probably a $1000 after hours callout fee for the elevator company. She agreed because she didn’t think she had another choice. So we waited again for them to call back. They did and told her that they would be there anywhere from an hour up to 8am. Then they told her she would have to stay there overnight. Previously they had told her she would be charged for trying to stay there overnight. Never-mind there was no water, washroom, place to sit let alone sleep and she hadn’t had supper. They also had told her that the gates were locked tight at 11 pm and no one could get in even if they entered the code, so they weren’t even sure if she stayed if the elevator guy could get in.
    She agreed with them to spend the night there. At this time it was 1055.
    When she got off the phone I told her I was not leaving her there to spend the night. I convinced her to call them back and cancel the callout, I thought they were just going to charge her and the guy wouldn’t show up until morning anyway.
    Her truck was locked except for the sunroof, but the gate was locked and surveillance cameras everywhere and it’s not noticeable that she even has one because she has a roof rack. I took her to her camper we got her dog, the spare truck key and I brought her home with me. She dropped me at work and took my truck to get it all sorted then picked me up from work and we went back to get my truck. The elevator guy showed up this morning and had the keys within 20 minutes, he told her it should be a very cheap callout charge.
    The customer service was terrible and the woman on the phone was completely rude, laughing at her one minute and then blaming her for her having to work late. It was awful.
    We got back to my place at 110 am, at least we had her dog taken care of and she was able to eat.

Well after that saga today was a long day. After work my friend and I drove into the city to get my truck so my usual 3pm end of day was actually 6. I’m going to head to bed soon.

Just for something for background noise on I have the Daytime Emmy Awards on. Dick Van *kitten* just won at Emmy for a guest role on Young and the Restless. He is 98.

Tracey in Edmonton

I appreciate your compliments on my livingroom😁👍🏼. I don't clean as often as I probably should but with a rental ugly brown carpet, its hard to see. My husbands open roast beef sandwiches are made with roast beef from b the deli, so nothing I really have to do. Now a roast sounds yummy to me as well! I like it with small potatoes, some onions, and carrots. I brown the roast with a lot of spices and then make a nice beef stock with Better Than Bouillon beef paste. All that with a slice of hearty bread and I'm a happy camper!
    I think my husband felt guilty because I cleaned, so yesterday he attacked the front yard. He raked the pinecones, then used the weed wacker. It looks really nice!🤗💖
    Oh man what a total fiasco with your friend!! I'm glad it all worked out in the end though! You are a good and loyal friend. Totally get a large gold star for that.😁👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa