"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone if you would like some friends some motivation a place to chat you can add me and join our group of nearly 150 members.
    Check us out https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146531-no-more-newsfeed-group

@DVDBEASTMODE -- I tried the group you mentioned but couldn't find how to join or comment. Maybe I'm overlooking something?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone if you would like some friends some motivation a place to chat you can add me and join our group of nearly 150 members.
    Check us out https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146531-no-more-newsfeed-group

@DVDBEASTMODE -- I tried the group you mentioned but couldn't find how to join or comment. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

And this is probably the wrong place to advertise....

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Weights: Lower Body

Squats 4x10
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Food: Dinner was chicken gyro with baked fries.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Exercise: two walks, about 10 min. each. But lots of NEAT with clothes shopping and chores.

Food: Overnight oats for brekky, half an uncrustable for lunch and then . . .
    (speaking of advertising, @mtaratoot :) : today was Starbucks' BOGO special, so the kids and I got caramel crunch frappes and later, summer dragonfruit lemonades. My sugar grams were over the top. Probably need to make SB a once a month treat; definitely not twice in one day!
    Supper was a Green Goddess bag salad from Walmart (220 cals) and three stuffed mushrooms (100 calories). I'm coming in at 2000 calories for the day.
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I was not advertising. I was trying to give members a place to interact because the newsfeed and all of the social stuff that helps us members is going away. Just trying to give members a safe place to land and something similar to a newsfeed. Does not benefit me it benefits all of us trying to stay healthy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Getting pedicure and haircut later.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Bonchon for dinner.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I was not advertising. I was trying to give members a place to interact because the newsfeed and all of the social stuff that helps us members is going away. Just trying to give members a safe place to land and something similar to a newsfeed. Does not benefit me it benefits all of us trying to stay healthy.

Advertising might not be the right word, but it is a bit of a hijack of the thread. I won't clog it up any further with any additional comments on it. Good luck.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang,
    Assessment: Bonchon for dinner.

So fancy, @ninerbuff !

My dinner will be leftover venison backstrap (yep, hubs is a bow hunter) and potato. Lunch was McDonald's, splitting entrees with my kids, and breakfast, more overnight oats with blueberries.

Today's exercise: walking the dog, then 30 min. of laps, treading water, and aqua jogging at the local pool.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Just laundry and grocery shopping to do today.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carne Asada burrito for dinner.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Workout: 2 walks, totally about 30 min or slightly more.

Food: toast in the am; pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast-at-lunch; beans and rice for supper; Sonic hot fudge sundae for a treat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Just the grind this week.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body - Monday

Bench Press 10x3x78% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Food: Last night was crock pot chicken alfredo.

Bonus work: Over the weekend spent a good 16 hours doing yard maintenance: lopping branches off trees, lugging branches away, pulling weeds, mowing/trimming lawn, filling a huge trailer-full of junk (old couches, mirror, shelves, etc). Estimate I burned some 2,500 calories, certainly didn't eat enough to offset the extra burn.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    New Plan: this thread is for accountability and since I'm not struggling to eat healthy meals, I'm going to start only posting the sugary treats I eat. THIS is my area of struggle. For example:
    Today I "rewarded" myself for a visit to the oncology center (which I dread) with an ice cream sundae (800 calories), a Dr. Pepper at lunch (150 cal), and finally 3 fun size Snickers bars this evening (240 cal). Yikes. Too much sugar means not enough protein in the day.

Workout: short walk in the am; pm included 60 min. in the pool treading water / jogging / short bursts of swimming and some moving of furniture, maybe 10 min. worth.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and corn for dinner last night.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Body - Tuesday

Rack Pull 4x10
    Hip Thrust 4x10
    Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Food: Goulash
  • sparhawk76
    sparhawk76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MMA heavy bag training 3 rounds

Treadmill 5 degree incline 1.5 miles at 4mph.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: KFC for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Yard Maintenance

I haven't been posting here the work I've been doing, but finally completed a week-long effort to fix my entire yard, from lopping limbs off trees to pulling/bagging weeds, mowing/trimming the lawn, hauling assorted junk off my property onto a trailer bound for the dump, and more. Estimate a few thousand calories burned during all of this, vow to never let it get this bad again.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class today. Got a bunch of 45's, 25's, dimes and nickels to spread around the weight trees we already have set up. So glad we got more plates!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: KFC for dinner again.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Upright Row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (4-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner was garlic soy chicken with buttered noodles.