Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Options

Answers

• slade51
    slade51 Posts: 188 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I’ve moved to the free mobile app ryseapp.io to log my meals & workouts and encourage friends.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 188 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I’ve moved to the free app ryseapp.io to log my meals & workouts and encourage friends.

Besides removing friends status, MFP randomly deletes my prior meal logs.
  • MariaDublin
    MariaDublin Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yes!!! Put it back. There’s no place now to see total pounds lost! Why was this removed?!?! Ridiculous. Please add the newsfeed back — or at the very least, add the total pounds lost icon on the home page.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,348 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yes!!! Put it back. There’s no place now to see total pounds lost! Why was this removed?!?! Ridiculous. Please add the newsfeed back — or at the very least, add the total pounds lost icon on the home page.

It's still visible via the More menu button in the Android app, and on the homepage of the website.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Honestly, the news feed has been the only reason I've been logging in daily for 3705 days.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

It's still visible via the More menu button in the Android app, and on the homepage of the website.

It's no longer available via the iOS app or the website homepage for me.
  • Lietchi
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yagisama wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

It's no longer available via the iOS app or the website homepage for me.

My comment was referring to the total weight lost part of the message, is that what you are taking about too (not the newsfeed)? It's still there for me on the homepage of the website and in the android app.

x4eaqyh3ovsd.jpg
    yn506heziade.jpg
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Mynetdiary is a fantastic alternative. Try it out. Honestly I like their social functions and it's quite a bit less buggy

Invite link to mfp migrants group:

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401

And a friend invitation from me if you'd like

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/144350?token=88e79b36-514f-4958-b9eb-60dc7f56e387
  • FrankieFan84
    FrankieFan84 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Here I was just coming to ask why I couldn’t view the “my profile” page. I’m out.
  • RockinBodyMommy
    RockinBodyMommy Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I used to be able to see my friends' updates in a chronological feed. I stopped using the app for several weeks but started again this week & can't find my friends' updates. Did the app change? Is this feature gone now?
  • Lietchi
    edited June 27
    Options
    This feature is gone yes, it was announced about three weeks ago that it was disappearing:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024
  • lednili
    lednili Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I miss the newsfeed.
  • tjbonsignore23
    tjbonsignore23 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I just came back after a month of getting off track and newsfeed has disappeared. Am I just missing where it is? This was where I usually got all my support. What is going on? Thanks in advance!
  • MampyNoMore
    MampyNoMore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is really some BS. So frustrating. Guess I'll be among those looking for an alternative. I just hope the friends I've made here will leave as well so we can keep in touch on another platform.
  • ALilCountryMouse
    ALilCountryMouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please give back our Newsfeed. It is the MOST used feature that we use to support our MFP friends, not the other way around. I love to help our friends as they are like family to me. I love MFP because I've been on it for over 700 days, and it's the easiest to use. Why did you take it off?