WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Went out for my walk! John came with me, though I was ready to go on my own. I chose to walk up the road to the top. A couple of bumpy areas because of the tree roots, but I managed it there and back. At the main road I decided to call in at the 'corner shop' and bought three bars of Ritter (German) chocolate. Dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts. It's difficult to find the dark, so I used to call in there occasionally. I buy three so I can pay with a card.
    Felt quite pleased with myself. Then made a delicious tomato salad for lunch with basil, to have with pork pie, and celery and lettuce. It was fabulous. English mustard.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    taq5o7hfsh7d.jpg

:p Which one are you having?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Nadine! Yum!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    I do love mushrooms.

In fact, last night, my dinner was baby bella mushrooms sautéed in roasted garlic, olive oil, and butter

Later, my dears,
    Love,
    Lisa in aR

It amazes me that you like mushrooms, but don't like vegetables because, I think you've said, that they taste like dirt?

Mushrooms taste like musty, muddy, slimy rubber to me.

But then, I am not at all keen on the umami flavours ... I skip or skim over several of the meal descriptions here. :open_mouth::tongue:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/umami-foods

- the bad cheeses
    - green tea
    - seafood
    - meats
    - tomatoes
    - mushrooms
    - vegemite

Not my cup of non-green tea.

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well im worn out already and its only 8:30 ... this child is a whirlwind and has trashed all his toys already. Will take him outside soon to play in the pool before it gets to hot out.

What happened at the ER? Was it just an observation situation?
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I do love mushrooms.

In fact, last night, my dinner was baby bella mushrooms sautéed in roasted garlic, olive oil, and butter

Later, my dears,
    Love,
    Lisa in aR

It amazes me that you like mushrooms, but don't like vegetables because, I think you've said, that they taste like dirt?

Mushrooms taste like musty, muddy, slimy rubber to me.

But then, I am not at all keen on the umami flavours ... I skip or skim over several of the meal descriptions here. :open_mouth::tongue:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/umami-foods

- the bad cheeses
    - green tea
    - seafood
    - meats
    - tomatoes
    - mushrooms
    - vegemite

Not my cup of non-green tea.

M in Oz

Machka - I think the key is the "sautéed" part of that sentence. I do not like raw mushrooms AT ALL. Corey and I were talking about it last night. I'm in love with roasted garlic of late, as well, and I've always avoided garlic before - I think it's never been cooked enough for me. I could go into the list, but what it amounts to is that so many vegetables, etc., taste bitter to me, cooked or raw, but mushrooms and garlic change completely when cooked correctly for me.

Allie - Make sure you stay cool yourself.

Later, babies,
    Lisa in AR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    Today is a day to saunter around with martini in hand!
    g5ij0z6odkv6.jpeg
    43jktmyc00k8.jpeg
    RVRita in Roswell. Happy Juneteenth!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Annie - I weighed myself this morning for the first time in months. Through the worst of the immobility and pain, I have put on about 3 lbs. Of course, I was already overweight last time I weighed myself, which had crept up over 4 years! I'm looking forward to getting more active again, as I'm eating sensibly. However, the second hip operation will throw a spanner in the works again. :# Still, three pounds could be worse.
    I haven't been able to walk for more than ten minutes for around a year, so that accounts for some of it.

I can smell John's delicious Lancashire Hotpot! Just finished our Zoom. My suggestions for arrangements were accepted.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Heather they all sound really yummy! My husband however would probably get the one with just pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on it. I though love the Symphony of flavors going on!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    :)