Great gains, short time

Options
Hi all, I am excited to share with you my journey in fitness world.

In February this year, I started noticing that every step is hard, every breath is tight, even walking was a problem! I was 118 kg back then.
I decided to go to gym (weights lifting), I did not notice much change, but then, after several weeks of YouTube search, I found this guy talking about nutrition and healthy food, so I decided to give it a try!
I was amazed how fast my weight started to drop, it was only fat because I was so committed to gym.

Today, I am less than 90kg, and for the first time in my life I started to think I should have six-packs 😅😅
I switched from weight lifting to cathlatics and resistant bands, because I have more fun doing so, and it feels better.

Would appreciate some advice to push my body a bit harder.
Good luck with your journey.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,847 Member
    Options
    First, welcome to the community, @ahmadbakdad! You've already made amazing progress, losing 28kg in 5 months. Betcha climbing stairs and breathing are a lot easier now!

This thread contains a variety of suggestions for workout regimens using bodyweight, which works hand in hand with your use of calisthenics (I think that's what you are referring).

This thread contains a discussion about one person's ( @retroguy2000 ) experience with using resistance bands, what he found worked for him and what didn't.

This thread contains a discussion about different methods to increase the intensity of your strength training workout. Since you are no longer using weights, some of these methods will not apply to you, but some will.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,599 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Congrats on the great progress.

I'd suggest get back to lifting at the gym. You don't want to risk looking skinny fat if you aren't lifting while losing weight. Also it wasn't focusing on the gym before that was keeping you fat, it was your total caloric intake being too high at the time.

Progressive overload with sufficient volume, and at least 0.7g per pound protein.