JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks @AlphaHowls . They are so pretty.

Nice run in the heat. No shame in cutting it short @Laurz9191 .

Good idea for an indoor run every once in a while @martaindale !

Have fun on your vacation @ContraryMaryMary . That sounds fun and running around the island with your friend would be interesting....a bit far for me, but I know you could do it.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Cardiologist report in the spoiler.
    I had my annual follow up with the cardiologist today. Everything looks great. He is going to schedule me for a cardiac ultra sound to make sure my bicuspid valve is still working good, but he said it sounds like it is.

I was given permission to experiment with cutting back on my high blood pressure medicine, but he doesn't think my blood pressure will stay down without it. We shall see. If I can get off of it, I would like to. /spoiler][

Good news! Hopefully being off the meds works.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks @chris_in_cal . Great run. You're getting faster!

Thanks @noblsheep . Sounds like you are getting back into a grove. Yay for speed work.

Nice running @tarun_yadavA .

Great running and very pretty sunrise @daria0919 .
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    I am experimenting with my watches "pace alerts" It's a bit annoying and also helpful in understanding what different paces feel like

I have used those in the past and also found them to be pretty annoying. The one time I think they come in handy is when you are building speed workouts with target paces. Even then, I tend to be pretty generous in the pace range I set. The first alert always comes before I’ve actually had time to get up to pace so it always tells me I’m going too slow and then within a few seconds beeps again to tell me I’m in range. It’s a bit sensitive for my liking but it helps keep you from looking at your watch all the time when you’re trying to maintain a pace.