GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options
1157158159160161163»

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,650 Member
    Options
    Been a tough week. My son has been struggling and I've been up till almost 2:00 in the morning every night this week with him. My eldest is also been in the middle of a huge pain flare and is needed more help with food and such.

Still I managed to make it to the gym and did bench, deadlifts and leg press. (cut the rest of the sesh off, got home for 1030 and was up til 2 again).

All that said...
    It feels really REALLY GOOD to be able to do multiple sets and reps at 285 lb, when my one rep maximum was 275 for almost 3 years. It makes me feel almost giddy with excitement!

sjmezlzn5v0c.gif
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,871 Member
    Options
    My little girl (ok, she's 16 and a high school junior, so maybe not so little anymore) has been dealing with knee pain for several years now, impacting her ability to fully commit to her school sports teams. Various therapies and medications never solved the issue, so we finally got an MRI done. Her doctor saw some growths and extra fat deposits sitting behind the kneecap causing pressure, figured that was what was causing the pain, so today was arthroscopic surgery to remove all the junk and look around for anything else which may be to blame. Everything went perfectly, my daughter's been more bothered by the stiffness of the bandages than any residual pain from the procedure, but I'm the one troubled... Doc said she found signs of an old ACL partial tear which had mostly healed, if a bit off since it was natural not surgical. Her date estimates put it back to when my daughter was running track, and I do recall her complaining about knee pain then, but being a track veteran myself I never imagined an ACL tear from simply running, not even jumping or hurdling. Now I feel guilty that I didn't pursue this more strongly before when she was younger, perhaps saved her years of pain.
  • BronzeScorpio1111
    BronzeScorpio1111 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @nossmf Sending prayers for a speedy recovery for your daughter! 🤗
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Parental guilt is a real doozy. All you can do is remind yourself that you did the best you could with the knowledge and experience you had.

Good thing is that she had the surgery and is recovering. Sending lots of healing vibes her way
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Not a lift... But still, a bit of a strength flex lol

w33p3237d17l.gif
  • nossmf
    Options
    Ok, NOT where I thought that was going, lol! Remind me, if I ever have dinner at your place, to be the one who brings the fruit salad for the group...

In other news, an update on my daughter: it's now been 3 days since her knee surgery, she's walking around with an almost normal stride, and she's completely off her prescription painkillers.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,221 Member
    Options

w33p3237d17l.gif
    nossmf wrote: »
    Ok, NOT where I thought that was going, lol! Remind me, if I ever have dinner at your place, to be the one who brings the fruit salad for the group...

In other news, an update on my daughter: it's now been 3 days since her knee surgery, she's walking around with an almost normal stride, and she's completely off her prescription painkillers.

😂 priceless
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

w33p3237d17l.gif

Wow!! That's something I haven't seen before. Oh--and we have two cats (sisters/litter mates/whatever the cat parlance is) that look a lot like yours. Love it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

w33p3237d17l.gif

Wow!! That's something I haven't seen before. Oh--and we have two cats (sisters/litter mates/whatever the cat parlance is) that look a lot like yours. Love it.

My kitties are littermates / sibling kitties too!
    hfs3634mg4wq.jpg
  • nossmf
    Options
    Five of our six cats share the same mother, who knows about the father since mama was allowed to roam outside. The five come from three separate litters, and no two look alike, sometimes to an extreme degree...one pure black, one pure white, one pure red, one a long-haired siamese, and the final one a short-haired gray.

Cat number six was found roadside by my daughter on the way to school and brought home when it was too young to even stand upright.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Week 11 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 245, or 83% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. After five sets I was wondering if today would be the day I failed a set or two (or three...set five was a doozy). But that's when I had the idea to adjust my grip one finger-width wider, and like magic, set six felt just as fresh as set one. Still had to earn the final two sets, but chalk another day of completion to the record books.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Hurt my hand pretty badly at a ball tourney on the weekend, but it looks like it won't keep me down after all!

Got my morning (band assisted) pullups done. I have something up all week (band practice tonight, then baseball w-f) , so no gym til SATURDAY is stressing/griefing me out. 😔

eld1k8s47ixm.gif
  • nossmf
    Options
    I didn't realize how long your nails were until that last image. I don't know how you're able to maintain the grip on the bar for pullups/deads without being able to tuck your fingers the way I do, yikes!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Five of our six cats share the same mother, who knows about the father since mama was allowed to roam outside. The five come from three separate litters, and no two look alike, sometimes to an extreme degree...one pure black, one pure white, one pure red, one a long-haired siamese, and the final one a short-haired gray.

Cat number six was found roadside by my daughter on the way to school and brought home when it was too young to even stand upright.

I gotta say, I love how this weight-lifting thread has taken a (brief) turn to cats and their markings. Reminds me of a joke that dog owners brag about their breeds: "He's a husky" while, when cat owners are asked about breed, they reply, "orange." My absolute fav pattern is the tuxedo cat (black and white), but I love our two tabbies-on-white, naturally.