Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This is going to be an interesting challenge because 01) I am NOT wearing or buying any of those things! and 02) I am own worst drill sergeant!

I will do my best, I will, cross my heart and hope to die! :smile:

You can be a drill dergeant but at the end of the day don't forget to give yourself some positive reinforcemet. An "atta girl" works wonders whe someone else gives it me, so it has to be just as fulfilling if I give it to myself, right?
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Wish I still had those pasties. Might help with the running problem.lol. Can't leave you people alone for a second. Great challenge. I will make nail appointment asap.

Hey, you could get a "man"icure. Funny the tassels don't make him feel girly but the ail bufffing..hehehehehehe
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    OH MAN. I've been dying to read a book... this is a bad week for indulgences though! I'm moving in just 13 days!!! Have a concert Monday night, have an Open House Friday night, a packing party Friday night after Open House and just general MAYHEM coming up.

OH! For those of you who believe in prayer, can you send up a quick word to the big guy. We really, really need to move on the 27th and we MIGHT be allowed to if the current rentors at our new place move out sooner then expected. If we move on the 31st (the original move date) we won't have any help! So we're just really praying hard that we can move on the 27th instead, we have TONS of help if we move then but none if we move later.

And that's it.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    OH MAN. I've been dying to read a book... this is a bad week for indulgences though! I'm moving in just 13 days!!! Have a concert Monday night, have an Open House Friday night, a packing party Friday night after Open House and just general MAYHEM coming up.

OH! For those of you who believe in prayer, can you send up a quick word to the big guy. We really, really need to move on the 27th and we MIGHT be allowed to if the current rentors at our new place move out sooner then expected. If we move on the 31st (the original move date) we won't have any help! So we're just really praying hard that we can move on the 27th instead, we have TONS of help if we move then but none if we move later.

And that's it.

Nicky, I'll be praying that you get all the help you need, when you need it.
  • jimswmn
    Options

Dearest Bobbi,

I have a terrible unreasonable fear of Vampires.

We'll protect you.:glasses:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

And that's it.

You got it!

Hey ... what kind of concert are you having on Monday?

I like this challenge! I try to take a little bit of time every day to read or relax some, but maybe I'll find some other little rewards, too.

:heart: Tresa
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Okay ladies guess who painted her nails GROOVY PINK? Um hmm, go girl.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Fingies and toes painted groovy pink, check.
    Hot soak in the tub, check. (I put my lotion in the tub with me to get it all warm, mmm nice)
    Hot oil treatment, check.
    warm honey vanilla chamomile tea, check.

So whatcha gonna do today to be good to yourself?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Okay, so today it didn't happen. Dave got home later than usual from work. (Somebody rear-ended him on the way home. He's okay though.) So he had to do computer work after supper while I gave Harley a bath, fed her a bottle, switched clothes to the dryer, made the bed with clean sheets, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned up the kitchen.

I'll have to try at this again tomorrow. Though Dave is going to Cincinnati tomorrow and won't be back until Friday so this whole me-time thing might have to be put on hold until this weekend.

Dave bought me a spa day (massage, facial, mani, pedi) for Christmas a year ago and I'm finally using it on Saturday. That's a lot of me-time right there.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Okay, so today it didn't happen. Dave got home later than usual from work. (Somebody rear-ended him on the way home. He's okay though.) So he had to do computer work after supper while I gave Harley a bath, fed her a bottle, switched clothes to the dryer, made the bed with clean sheets, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned up the kitchen.

I'll have to try at this again tomorrow. Though Dave is going to Cincinnati tomorrow and won't be back until Friday so this whole me-time thing might have to be put on hold until this weekend.

Dave bought me a spa day (massage, facial, mani, pedi) for Christmas a year ago and I'm finally using it on Saturday. That's a lot of me-time right there.
    You go girl ith the spa! Maybe you and dave can have some "we" time tonight if Harley is nighty. snuggle snuggle snuggle. heheheh
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Lynnie this is a fantastic challenge!!

Work has been crazy busy and today we spent the whole day at universal studios and Islands of adventure so way tired and I will check weights tomorrow and get them up tomorrow night!

:heart: to all!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Well....this is certainly a interesting thread...i think i saw some pasties earlier:laugh: was that peanut butter around one of them my site isn't very good?:laugh:

Bobbi-ive got a friend that is reading Twilight right now and she is hooked...im in the middle of reading a series of books(debbie macumber) but im gonna go ahead and place a hold on this book asap. Im glad your enjoying it!

Lynnie-Great Challenge!

Loreeb18-Wow,enjoy your spa day...how nice!!!

Hey to everybody else:flowerforyou: ive gotta scoot...

Sam-your profile pics looks so good....high fives on your progress!!!

later gators:smokin:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

And that's it.

absolutely...your in my thoughts AND my prayers!:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Nice hot soak in the tub for me...yummy:heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I hate tubs-- never got the concept of sitting and sweating in a tub-- blech. And bored??!!

Oh my-- I hate 'em-- :laugh:

Not sure what I'll be doing for me this week-- but I had to take tonight off from running. Hubs is coming home and I have too much typing to do-- plus just feeling tired, so home I'll stay.

Later-- a'typing I shall go--
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Decided to look around the forums and I have to say it amuses me how many whiners are complaining about whiners who are ruining their fun. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And in response to someone who asked. The concert: I play piano for the community choir. We're 40 people strong and Monday is our first performance. I'm so nervous already I don't know if I'll live through it. Haha. Anyway, so that's that.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Decided to look around the forums and I have to say it amuses me how many whiners are complaining about whiners who are ruining their fun. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And in response to someone who asked. The concert: I play piano for the community choir. We're 40 people strong and Monday is our first performance. I'm so nervous already I don't know if I'll live through it. Haha. Anyway, so that's that.

Oh Nicky-- I'm so jealous....my dying wish is to play the piano. I've wanted it since I was a little kid. My parents wouldn't pay for lessons and/or consider buying a piano for me, and then rebuffed a neighbor who was going to pay for lessons AND let me practice on their piano when I was a kid-- grrrrr. In my teen years, my father told me I should have played the piano because I have nice long fingers. Any wonder I can't stand the man to this day? (I'm not kidding :grumble: )

Oh well-- enough therapy-- lol.
  • nickybr38
    Options

Oh Nicky-- I'm so jealous....my dying wish is to play the piano. I've wanted it since I was a little kid. My parents wouldn't pay for lessons and/or consider buying a piano for me, and then rebuffed a neighbor who was going to pay for lessons AND let me practice on their piano when I was a kid-- grrrrr. In my teen years, my father told me I should have played the piano because I have nice long fingers. Any wonder I can't stand the man to this day? (I'm not kidding :grumble: )

I taught myself. :smile: We didn't have money for lessons when I was growing up. So I taught myself to read music. Then when I hit 18 my mother remarried and we had money for lessons so I took lessons two years and advanced to the top grade of the RCM (I never passed the top grade, just advanced to it).

So, anyway, haha... um, piano has always been in me. I mean, obviously. I can't live without it. But playing for a choir has been SCARY and such a learning experience. It's so different from playing for yourself.

Don't give up. If you still want to play you can still learn. It's NEVER too late. Enroll your kids in classes and go along! You might be surprised what you could learn just watching their lessons!
  • Marla64
    Options

I taught myself. :smile: We didn't have money for lessons when I was growing up. So I taught myself to read music. Then when I hit 18 my mother remarried and we had money for lessons so I took lessons two years and advanced to the top grade of the RCM (I never passed the top grade, just advanced to it).

So, anyway, haha... um, piano has always been in me. I mean, obviously. I can't live without it. But playing for a choir has been SCARY and such a learning experience. It's so different from playing for yourself.

Don't give up. If you still want to play you can still learn. It's NEVER too late. Enroll your kids in classes and go along! You might be surprised what you could learn just watching their lessons!

Funds, my dear Nicky-- funds. Actually, I did take lessons several years ago when we had money for the kids lessons-- we had my elder two girls in lessons, and I took them, too-- my 18 year old son took music theory in high school for two semesters, and sat down at the piano and started picking it up. I'm so flippin' impressed/jealous. It's amazing-- he hears a song, comes back, sits down and plays it...and can sing while he plays. Snot-nose.:grumble:

I'll take lessons one day-- I'll be one of those blue haired old broads in lessons, giving the teachers fits.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    2596935295_0cdaac890f.jpg <---Marla

My "me thing" yesterday was to watch Lost by myself. I felt like doodie so I probably should have been in bed, but that show has me wrapped around its finger. THEN, I stayed up & watched Life On Mars b/c I simply love that show. THEN, I couldn't sleep. Didn't get to bed until 1 & of course my dear Z was up at 5. It was stupid. :grumble:

Lynnie - You are cleaning up with this challenge already! Woo!

Nicky - good for you! I took lessons for 2 years & the piano just didn't stick in my head. I have played the flute for years & I just can't get bass clef music to stick in my head. I have to memorize it b/c looking at it makes me squint & shake my head. :tongue: You'll do great!

Lori - I hope you don't go loopy without Dave around! Just having adult conversation makes my day go better.

Amelia - So glad to see you around!

Sam - Sounds like a busy day! Hope you had fun & didn't get sun burnt. :grumble: :wink: