Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ July Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

Replies

• andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 249 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I know it's past the start of the month, but I really need to jump in and join you all for the rest of July!

I was in this group from September last year until I reached my goal weight range. I hovered around my goal weight for several months, and it was lovely. I was able to maintain without logging for a good long while, although I always weigh daily. Lately we've had many celebrations, outings, etc, and my appetite has become huge. My weight has been steadily climbing up up up! I need daily accountability again.

My original goal weight that I hovered around was 124-125. For a little while I was a little under that, and I really liked it. So this time I'm going to bump my goal weight a few pounds down, to 121. Maybe my goal range will be about 120-123 or so.

I looked at some of your posts, and for those of you who were in the group when I was here last-- I am noticing that your numbers seem a whole lot lower than when I was here before! Congratulations on your losses.

My height is about 5'2"
    Starting weight July 8: 128.6 lbs
    Goal weight for July: 125.6 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 121 lbs

๐Ÿ–= I logged!

July 8: 128.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 9: 126.4 ๐Ÿ–
    July 10: 124.6 It is not unusual for my body to have big variances like this when I start paying better attention to what I'm eating... The last two days I ate quite a bit more than I was eating several months ago, but a less than in recent weeks... My weight may flop around for a while and then settle out somewhere.
    July 11:
    July 12:
    July 13:
    July 14:
    July 15:
    July 16:
    July 17:
    July 18:
    July 19:
    July 20:
    July 21:
    July 22:
    July 23:
    July 24:
    July 25:
    July 26:
    July 27:
    July 28:
    July 29:
    July 30:
    July 31:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,777 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)- I never followed through with exercise yesterday although I did do a bit of yard work. Meals were good, snacks were questionable (again) but a bit better. Weight slightly down but trend still going up. Itโ€™s not going to turn around all by itself! This morning I am already mentally preparing myself for the inevitable โ€“ night time. That is when the snack monsters come out. My day will be fine but my night is where the battle begins. I have a plan so we will see if it works.

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)- A small fluctuation likely due to no TMI. I started my day off this morning with a youtube workout because I had virtually no exercise yesterday other than some light yard work. Rainy today so my contractor will be working mainly inside today on the bedroom. Heโ€™s been a bit sidetracked lately helping the window sub-contractor and the vinyl siding fellow, all under his employ. If he keeps hopping around, my bedroom will never be finished! A lot going on here. Iโ€™m still sleeping in my living room where my king size bed is firmly planted right in the center of the room. It kind of feels like Iโ€™m camping.

07/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 368 Member
    @cattherien happy birthday Calvin.

Hi all. Going to my mums a few days. Having a family birthday celebration for my boys - my oldest is 23 and as mentioned my youngest just turned 17 so Mexican restaurant Friday night.

Sticking to my calories is leaving me starving - my stomach is constantly groaning darn it. My goal is 1540 which is quite reasonable but constantly hungry ๐Ÿคค. Anyone got tips for hunger?

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    2. 107.8kg - oh dear ๐Ÿ’ฉ
    3. 108.1kg - ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ
    4. 107.7kg - better but still infuriating
    5. 108.2kg ate fast food last night after work
    6. 107.3kg
    7. 107.3kg
    8. 107.9kg - stuck to calories & exercised
    9. 107.8kg - stuck to calories
    10. 107.3kg - gym - stuck to calories
    11. 106.9kg - ๐Ÿฅณ
  • sweetbea2012
    sweetbea2012 Posts: 12 Member
    I just found this community challenge so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Hoping this July challenge will help motivate me to stay on track. I'm age 58 and 5'10".
    July 10th - 226.4. 9715 steps
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 73 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today (7/3) I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :)
    7/4: 162.4 :) - Today will be my first day at the gym. Hopefully they are open.
    7/5 162.8 :/ Went to the gym yesterday. Cycled for 35 min. Ate too much bread yesterday. It's ok today is a new day!
    7/6 162.6 :) - Cleaned the house yesterday for my daughter's graduation party. Lots of mopping, etc. That helped with the small loss. Unfortunately, no time for the gym.
    7/7 163.2 :( - Grad party yesterday, didn't really pay attention to what I ate and no time to exercise with the last minute preparations. Will jump on the treadmill today if I end up not going to the gym.
    7/8 162.6 :) - Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but did jump on the treadmill. So glad I did. Signed up for a class this afternoon at the gym.
    7/9 162.4 :) - The trainer called in sick yesterday, so there was no class. :( I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hopefully he is there today to teach the upper body class. I really want to know how to use the machines and when to use them.
    7/10 162.6 :( - The trainer called in sick again yesterday, so did more cycling for 35 min. Did 7 miles! Oh and the stair climber for 5 mins. That thing is hard. Today the trainer was there and he did a core class. I was pathetic, but have to start somewhere. Pretty sure my back and arms are going to hurt tomorrow. Also, did 25 mins on the treadmill.
  • ozdeelite
    Went over calories today. Being tired is bad for me.

dq5bi3nq80b9.png
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,643 Member
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8 k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month โ€“ even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do โ€“ I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June โ€“ my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better โ€“ but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. Iโ€™m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete โ€“ just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Hereโ€™s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜
    9. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center โ€“ so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre โ€“ boxing up the rest for breakfast or Gregโ€™s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well โ€“ except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldnโ€™t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Follow Doctorโ€™s orders โ€“ go to Physical Therapy
    โ€ข Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy July๐Ÿ˜Ž โ˜€๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚

Week One
    July 1 144.3 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Happy with the weight loss. I'm sick. Head stuff, ears clogged. Hoping it doesn't last long. I did manage to get my monthly budget completed yesterday. June was a disasterous month - have to curb our spending for the next few months to make up for our trip to Hawaii!

July 2 145.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Have to lower my step goal. Had doctor appointment yesterday - no walking for two weeks. Knee isn't healing like it should. Probably over did it in Hawaii. Looks like seated cardio - or get my butt to the lake for a swim instead of walking. But I just love my morning walks with Monty. Still feeling crummy - sore throat, stuffy ears. Also feeling sorry for myself - had little binge yesterday and was over my calorie limit - not by a lot - but over.

July 3 144.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Just a small cardio workout yesterday. Spent the day cleaning the house. We have been focusing on the outside and the garden that I neglected the inside. It felt great to get it done. I love a clean house. Going to the doctor today for this sinus thing I have. I can't hear at all out of one ear, and now I have pink eye in both eyes! Guess it's time for some meds.

July 4 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ME! Went to the doctor, it's not pink eye, just a reaction from the sinus and ear infection. On antibiotics. Hoping it clears soon. I found some good seated cardio workouts on Paul Eugene's youtube channel that were kind of fun and felt like I was still exercising. I was over my sodium limit yesterday - might see a jump tomorrow - it ususally shows up two days later.

July 5 144.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! What I expected - I used every bit of my calories. Quiet 4th of July - Jill gave me the incentive to power wash - So got it out and did the front walkway. Fun! Got in two seated cardio workouts - counted one as my walk workout, the other as my cardio workout. Got my step goal completed - seated of course. Feeling a little better today - at least I could hear my hearing aid start up. To be honest, I was kind of scared that the ear infection will lead to more hearing loss. I am very hard of hearing already, it is really hard to live in a world and only hear half of what is said. The constant "what was that", is really frustrating for both me and others. People just don't get hearing loss - they roll their eyes like I am an annoyance when I ask them to repeat. Many times I just pretend I hear so I don't have to see it. The fact that I could hear the hearing aid start up to day was reassuring.

July 6: 143.9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Got it all done yesterday. Finally got a good night sleep! Yesterday was a raining yucky day, so hubby couldn't work outside. I bought these rope lights for our screen porch eons ago - he finally got them put up. So happy with how they look. We are a little short, but they are ententable so have to order another small section to finish it. But my favorite relaxing spot is looking pretty good.

July 7: 144.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! My typical Sunday uptick. I weigh in for my team challenge on Saturday. Nine times out of ten I am up on Sunday. The weigh in, on top of a weekend, and I self sabatoge. I ate every bit of my exercise calories yesterday - leaving only 98 calories on the table. I know that this doesn't work for me. But I seem to do it every week. Why do I treat Saturday like a weekend? I'm retired every day is a weekend. Old habits die hard I guess. The good thing is that it is temporary. Baby steps!

July 8: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Happy Monday everyone. Got it all done. Feeling a little better. I was thinking I would have to miss another week of Bingo with Mom. Our vacation, on top of the illness, means I haven't seen her in three weeks. But I am planning on going tonight. I am finding quite a few good seated workouts on youtube, but I have to admit I am getting tired of walking in my chair. It took of the "Me"time from my goals - it is just a given. I actually should change it to less "me" time! LOL!

July 9: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Didn't end up going to bingo with Mom, as the day progressed so did my feeling crummy. Another day of eating all my exercise calories - left just 30 calories on the table. Went to PT, another week of no walking (for now). A couple of new stretches to add to my routine.

July 10: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Feeling a little better, but another day of eating all my calories and over my sodium goal. I need to get it together I know that it doesn't work for me.

July 11: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ A good day yesterday, feeling much better. Got everything done. Did a little cleaning of the house - relaxed. A nice day. Now that I am feeling better we are going to go out on the boat today. Should be fun, it's been a while.
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 249 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I know it's past the start of the month, but I really need to jump in and join you all for the rest of July!

I was in this group from September last year until I reached my goal weight range. I hovered around my goal weight for several months, and it was lovely. I was able to maintain without logging for a good long while, although I always weigh daily. Lately we've had many celebrations, outings, etc, and my appetite has become huge. My weight has been steadily climbing up up up! I need daily accountability again.

My original goal weight that I hovered around was 124-125. For a little while I was a little under that, and I really liked it. So this time I'm going to bump my goal weight a few pounds down, to 121. Maybe my goal range will be about 120-123 or so.

I looked at some of your posts, and for those of you who were in the group when I was here last-- I am noticing that your numbers seem a whole lot lower than when I was here before! Congratulations on your losses.

My height is about 5'2"
    Starting weight July 8: 128.6 lbs
    Goal weight for July: 125.6 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 121 lbs

๐Ÿ–= I logged!

July 8: 128.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 9: 126.4 ๐Ÿ–
    July 10: 124.6 ๐Ÿ– It is not unusual for my body to have big variances like this when I start paying better attention to what I'm eating... The last two days I ate quite a bit more than I was eating several months ago, but a less than in recent weeks... My weight may flop around for a while and then settle out somewhere.
    July 11: 125.6
    July 12:
    July 13:
    July 14:
    July 15:
    July 16:
    July 17:
    July 18:
    July 19:
    July 20:
    July 21:
    July 22:
    July 23:
    July 24:
    July 25:
    July 26:
    July 27:
    July 28:
    July 29:
    July 30:
    July 31:
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 321 Member
    @deepwoodslady my goodness, you have a lot going on; whatever will you do when you don't have all those remodeling folks around all day? I didn't know you've been sleeping in your living room.. but at least it's in a bed and not on the sofa!

@ozdeelite it was great to see you at the gym! And happy belated birthday to both of your sons.

About the hunger: dense calories are going to be your friend here. 400 calories of popcorn isn't dense; but 400 calories of steak is dense. 150 calories of crackers isn't dense; but 150 calories of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) is dense. So when you're tracking, really look to see how much fiber and protein are in what you're eating. You could easily meet that 1540 goal with snack cakes and be left starving. But if say half of those calories were from fresh fruit instead of snack cakes, you'd feel full longer because of the fiber and complex carbohydrates - the density - of the fruit. If potatoes are a weakness, try gold potatoes instead of russet; they're slightly lower in calories but higher in fiber. If French fries or tater tots are a weakness, take those gold potatoes and make roasted potato wedges with them in place of fries. Trust me, you won't miss the fries with these, and 5oz of roasted gold potatoes is surprisingly filling (weigh them after roasting, because they'll lose some water weight in the cooking). Try prepping hard boiled eggs a dozen at a time and having them as a grab-and-go breakfast in place of a pastry or cereal bar. If you aren't fond of hard boiled, try making breakfast burritos, or deviled eggs, or egg salad, or making a fresh omelette with whatever veggies you aren't opposed to. (Just watch the cheese, as it can be pretty salty). Avoiding deli meat is probably a good idea, because again high salt content. But if you really adore a deli sandwich for lunch, then cook up a chicken or turkey breast, then refrigerate it overnight, then slice it thin for a sandwich and top it with all the fixings you love. Oh and if you can tolerate keto breads, those are higher in fiber than other white breads, therefore more dense. Same goes for the newer keto/low carb flour tortillas. If you like fish, try getting individually frozen fish fillets, then plunk one or two unwrapped filets on a dinner plate - still frozen- top with a couple pats of butter or margarine and a decent sprinkle of lemon pepper seasoning; cover it with microwave-safe plastic wrap, then put the plate in the microwave. Cook on high for 4 minutes, then use a spatula to turn the fish fillets. Cook another 4 minutes, more or less depending on the size of the filet. If you like crispy skin on salmon or sea bass or other filets that come with skin on, gently transfer the filet from plate to small pan, and pop the fish into a preheated air fryer or under the broiler. This is extremely delicious and dense calories. Hope those random ideas help!

Welcome to our returning and new members! I hope you like it here. ๐Ÿ˜€

• deepwoodslady
    edited July 11
    I just found this community challenge so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Hoping this July challenge will help motivate me to stay on track. I'm age 58 and 5'10".
    July 10th - 226.4. 9715 steps

@sweetbea2012 Welcome to the group. It's nice to see that you jumped right in without waiting. No time like the present, right? Keep your eyes peeled for the link to the new challenges near the end of each month. Hoping you will love this group and continue on. It's great to have you here!
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)-

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)- A small fluctuation likely due to no TMI. I started my day off this morning with a youtube workout because I had virtually no exercise yesterday other than some light yard work. Rainy today so my contractor will be working mainly inside today on the bedroom. Heโ€™s been a bit sidetracked lately helping the window sub-contractor and the vinyl siding fellow, all under his employ. If he keeps hopping around, my bedroom will never be finished! A lot going on here. Iโ€™m still sleeping in my living room where my king size bed is firmly planted right in the center of the room. It kind of feels like Iโ€™m camping.

07/11-187.8-(Trend Weight 188.4)- Is there such a thing as a โ€œperfectโ€ day? Probably not, but yesterday was close. I stayed on task, controlled my snacks, stayed will within my macros and limits, exercised, incorporated extra movement (a lot less retirement sitting). Overall, it was a much improved and on-point day. It didnโ€™t even seem difficult. Why canโ€™t everyday be like yesterday? Or can it? Nah, probably not. However, when it lays itself out like that Iโ€™ve got to learn to run with it, embrace it. Fingers crossed for another one today. I really need to string a few together as my trend weight is still not convinced.

07/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    edited July 11
    ๐ŸŽ‡July๐ŸŽ‡

7/1: 319.6
    7/2: 318.8
    7/3: 319.0 ( salt, more than likely. )
    7/4: 318.6
    7/5: 318.8
    7/6: 318.4
    7/7: 318.8
    7/8: 319.8 ( Damn salt๐Ÿ˜ )
    7/9: 318.8
    7/10: 319.0
    7/11: 318.0 ( I feel like I'm on a seesaw. up and down, up and down.๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,899 Member
    Hi, I'm Jill! <3
    I'm 54 and have been married 28 years. I have 2 children-- a son who is 23 and a daughter who is 19. I work full-time selling new construction homes, and I absolutely love it! Yardwork is also one of my favorite things to do...from grass cutting to weed wacking...if I can be outside, I will be playing in the yard.

This is the month that Iโ€™ll get to 200 pounds. I can feel it!

July 1: 210.5 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 2: 210.2๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 3: 210.4
    July 4: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 5: 211.1 Iโ€™m not surprised after having friends over for the 4th, but I wonโ€™t let this derail me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 6: 210.9โ€ฆ going for a swim before work.
    July 7: 211.8โ€ฆ time for some tiny tweaks. More veggies as snacksโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve been logging, but since the 4th Iโ€™ve been going over calories. Today is about tiny tweaks. Happy Sunday! Off to work!
    July 8: 212โ€ฆ went out to dinner last night with my family and went over calories. Today is a new day! Happy Monday. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 9: 211 ๐ŸŽ‰
    July 10: 210.8๐ŸŽ‰
    July 11: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ
  • ozdeelite
    @cattherien thank you. Dense foods - got it!
    @Rh1aB1a welcome back!

All of you are doing great!

I ate 1900 calories last night and gained back the weight I lost the last 3 days. Bummer. My food choices yesterday were quick to cook and carb loaded. Going to Mexican restaurant tonight and at my mums for a few days. Mums house is often full of sugary treats so I need to be mindful of snacking on junk.

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    2. 107.8kg - oh dear ๐Ÿ’ฉ
    3. 108.1kg - ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ
    4. 107.7kg - better but still infuriating
    5. 108.2kg ate fast food last night after work
    6. 107.3kg
    7. 107.3kg
    8. 107.9kg - stuck to calories & exercised
    9. 107.8kg - stuck to calories
    10. 107.3kg - gym - stuck to calories
    11. 106.9kg - over calories
    12. 107.4 kg - darn it
  • cinw1501
    @lislisa123 I'm on that seesaw with you. All week, gain .2 loose .2. Very aggravating.
  • cinw1501
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today (7/3) I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :)
    7/4: 162.4 :) - Today will be my first day at the gym. Hopefully they are open.
    7/5 162.8 :/ Went to the gym yesterday. Cycled for 35 min. Ate too much bread yesterday. It's ok today is a new day!
    7/6 162.6 :) - Cleaned the house yesterday for my daughter's graduation party. Lots of mopping, etc. That helped with the small loss. Unfortunately, no time for the gym.
    7/7 163.2 :( - Grad party yesterday, didn't really pay attention to what I ate and no time to exercise with the last minute preparations. Will jump on the treadmill today if I end up not going to the gym.
    7/8 162.6 :) - Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but did jump on the treadmill. So glad I did. Signed up for a class this afternoon at the gym.
    7/9 162.4 :) - The trainer called in sick yesterday, so there was no class. :( I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hopefully he is there today to teach the upper body class. I really want to know how to use the machines and when to use them.
    7/10 162.6 :( - The trainer called in sick again yesterday, so did more cycling for 35 min. Did 7 miles! Oh and the stair climber for 5 mins. That thing is hard. Today the trainer was there and he did a core class. I was pathetic, but have to start somewhere. Pretty sure my back and arms are going to hurt tomorrow. Also, did 25 mins on the treadmill.
    7/11 162.4 :) - Why only .2? This is making me crazy. I guess I only loose and gain in .2 increments. Went to the gym again today. Walked on the treadmill for 1 hour. I will be over 10,000 steps for the day. I'm hoping to break the .2 cycle. We shall see in the morning. I have to be mindful of what I eat this weekend. That is usually when I gain it all back. I can do this!