Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• nmorr11
    nmorr11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I am just starting with MFP. I needed something to replace the Fitbit app I was using to track nutrition and exercise until a couple of years ago. No tracking = bad habits creeping back in (like a killer sweet tooth!) and I really, really need to regain and maintain my heart healthy lifestyle.
  • fitdesertgirl
    fitdesertgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Just started! I have about 80 pounds to lose but I really feel like this is my time to get it off. Not sure how the community part works but I thought I’d say hello. Hope this reaches people! 💖🎉
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 11
    i’m new and am lost, coming over from fitbit food tracking. so far i’ve never been able to find again any of the three similar comments i’ve made! let’s see if i can find this one?
  • MeganHenegar2020
    MeganHenegar2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm new-again. Been through a lot. Almost post 2 years from Gastric bypass surgery. I lost 60 pounds regained 8 pounds. Wanting to really get in shape at 47 years old for the first time. Super out of shape and flexibility is bad. Been a Planet Fitness member but barely gone and let it lapse. Night shift private duty nurse. First thing I have planned besides using MFP is renew my PF membership. I work 3 to 4 -14 hour shifts with my drive. My plan is to is to work out on days off and be 100% accountable to myself with logging nutrition. Hope to become immersed in being healthier. I only have one friend on here and that's my wonderful hubby. Looking forward to meeting like minds on here. Please sent good vibes for success. TiA.
  • KeaKawa
    KeaKawa Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I'm new here and I'm more about healthy eating, watching fat and sugar levels. I have a couple of kgs to take off as well.
  • FiliJules
    FiliJules Posts: 1 Member
    Day 1... with 5 month initial timeline running up to Xmas and a trip home to the UK. ...and hoping by December some habits have fallen away, and some healthy, active lifestyle choices becomming daily routine. Am 52, 111kg and have lived in Asia for best part of 30 years. Since puberty have had lipedema in my legs, now spreading to arms, stomach. But as of this month, new mindset that I refuse to move into my mid 50s unfit, overweight and using lipedema as a reason not to put 100% effort into this. Treadmill arrives in 2 weeks time. First focus is nutrition/calorie tracking, heavily reducing processed food/sugar intake and some mental work on choosing to focus on me. Not my husband, daughter. Not so many hours sitting at computer working (average 12 hr days). SELF LUV, SELF CARE, SELF MOTIVATION! ...let's do this.
  • greyjesusrock
    greyjesusrock Posts: 1 Member
    Hiii I'm just starting my fitness journey. I used to be athletic but I have had some health issues. Wanting to lose 50lbs and eat vegan. Taking baby steps and hoping to improve my health by April of '25. Thank you 😊
  • keltonsmommy23
    keltonsmommy23 Posts: 1 Member
    👋🏾 not new to MFP. Used it previously and quit when they started charging for the good stuff. It was one of the better apps so I'm back. Setting my sights on just improving my health overall to be around for a long time! Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!
  • SantiagoAlverez
    SantiagoAlverez Posts: 88 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Hopping back on this app again, so I can get where I want to be! :(o:)
  • becca0032
    becca0032 Posts: 8 Member
    Just starting ugh nervous and excited at sams time
    Hey it’s alright to be nervous, we are all here to support each other. 🤗
  • becca0032
    Hi all! I’m new. Looking to reduce body fat to 20% or less. Harder to do in my 50’s... but I’m giving it a shot!

You’ve got this, we are all here behind you!
  • becca0032
    Hi everyone, I’m here to just meet new people, maintain how I am and get my routines kept up to scratch lol. I’m in my thirties and got high anxiety disorder and I’m autistic, so I’m trying to keep up my therapeutic methods for reducing heightened levels of anxiety. I draw and do photography (my profile picture is one of my photos)
  • laqwm72
    laqwm72 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I’m Lisa. I just started back using My Fitness Pal. I had used it a few years ago and was very successful. I lost 130 lbs. After COVID took my husband I kind of went into a funk and unfortunately put most of the weight back on over the last 4 years.
  • j_mbm
    j_mbm Posts: 1 Member
    I'm working on calorie tracking myself, and just want to say I appreciate the community here!
  • zzvollm08
    zzvollm08 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I am in high school training to become a Marine but I lack the necessary discipline required. It is not a weight issue or anything, I have a BMI of 18.5, it is just a lack of motivation to run or go to the gym and stuff. I am hoping this will keep me aware of my snacking and the need for physical movement.
    S/F, Z.
  • ShanKan3
    ShanKan3 Posts: 1 Member
    The commitment to tracking meals and workouts worked for me before so I’m back. My goal is to increase my energy so I can be more engaged with my community. I’m excited to take the first steps!
  • MaryM6316
    MaryM6316 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm new to this app transitioning from noom. I think it may take some time to figure out how it all works, not as intuitive as noom but probly because I am used to how I was logging. Between the Android app and my tablet I think I'm getting it 😉
  • mar_sbar
    mar_sbar Posts: 18 Member
    Been using MFP for a few months to log workouts and track calories and macros. I'm a 44 M, 6 feet, and looking to gain more muscle mass. I'm a classic hardgainer, so that's my ongoing challenge. Good luck to everyone here on their fitness journey. You can do this. 💪
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 29
    I'm new to this app transitioning from noom. I think it may take some time to figure out how it all works, not as intuitive as noom but probly because I am used to how I was logging. Between the Android app and my tablet I think I'm getting it 😉

hi. i’m working the other way, but new to both, really. i came over to mfp when google destroyed fitbit food logging, then the next week i got the notice i was eligible for the noom prediabetes prevention program. so far i rely on mfp the most; i have real issues with noom. mfp seems the most comprehensive for meal planning, but i find checking out all three (after the headaches getting them all to play together) works best for me to keep me in the game. i hit a huge six-week plateau last year that set me back half as far as i had come, so staying in the game is key for me!
  • MaryM6316
    MaryM6316 Posts: 7 Member
    I have been happy with noom, met my goal and learned a lot but it has run its course after 10 mths. I want to continue logging and getting more data regarding macros in particular protien. I'm glad my fitbit syncs with this too. I think I'm on a good track to maintain and continue to be successful. Hoping these communities help too!