WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    Today’s gratitude: blue skies, mild 60F temps.
    Pajama day, couldn’t drag my lazy butt outside despite the glorious weather. Made brown rice, prepped many more bean salad for tomorrow’s deck and dance party, started goat cheese for Sunday, worked on bathroom sink drain, grilled chicken breast and stir fried snow peas for dinner. After a little snooze, got up and Jeopardy walked to make step goal. Tomorrow will pull up my big girl jeggings and try Zumba at the gym. Hope the fun and endorphins outweigh the embarrassment.
    Heather both hips? Oh no! Hope the weather improves and pain abates. Hard news from your brother ((hugs)) for all.
    Machka I get local news from our weekly newspapers, the gals at line dancing/church, and the NextDoor app. Mostly use FB messenger to keep in touch with goddaughter and nephews, FB to get event details. Occasionally an update from an old work acquaintance pops up.
    Monique your NY trip brings back fond memories of my first trip there in 1967. We did all that are on your list plus Jack Dempsey’s. We alternated a fancy dinner one night with deli snacks in the hotel room the next, and my favorite was the night we had roasted pistachio kernels, cheese and port wine ;) Any idea why the alarm failed your blue eyed cherub acrobat? Terrifying.
    Lisa “slept more than 8 hours last night” Wondrous! What an improvement. ((hugs)) How to you shut off FB ads?
    Lanette what a relief the vet techs shaved Kitty. Can Joe the orthotics maker adjust it while you wait?
    Tracey love the “Patches and Grammie adventure”. You and KJ are so inspired with your littles..
    Rita I’m impressed with the variety and your portion control. Bravissima! With you about the caviar :sick: :noway:
    Pip I see Yogi at the ready in that photo ;)
    Sue that “automatic” heating pad for your barn cat – way clever!
    Michele I’m envious of your neighbor’s blueberries. They freeze really well ;)
    Rebecca my mouth is watering at your salad and additions. Liked Machka’s idea about you and Athena swapping sleeping arrangements. With your fasting you really really need your sleep.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,201 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Monique thanks for thinking about my Dad. He had a slow moody day yesterday, but he seemed to pick up when the sitter was here. She is a very upbeat and cheerful person and fun to have around.

Lanette yes trimming a pet is a nuisance both ways. Getting the right scissors and keeping it sharp helps a lot. I learned to snip at a mat in little tiny bites, so it doesn't pull his hair so much. Sometimes I cut off the bulk of the mat to release some and so I can see, then I trim the remains in a separate pass. Teddy's ears especially seem to go from clear to a lumpy mess overnight.

Rita caviar is good but mostly just tastes salty. It pops in your mouth in a weird way. I think I like oysters better. Your bottle cover is cheerful and cute!

Heather so sorry to hear about your brother's cancer on top of diabetes. Most worrisome. How old is he? Hope he is not in pain.

Rebecca sounds like you are adapting somewhat. Athena will remember this. Hope your sleep improves.

Sue yes fighting fatigue is overwhelming. Hope you feel better.

Tracey glad the interview went well.

Barbara good luck on the Zumba class. Remember they design these things so the regulars don't get bored, which means it's normal not to catch on to every step right away. I always have to work up to full participation.

Machka sorry your basement was discouraging. But it's actually rather a smart choice of a place to save energy. You do so much!

I made it to Friday! My groceries lasted, even without shopping on Tuesday. Dad has class today so I will be able to shop. This was the first time I was tempted by the home delivery service, but we made it through. Yay!

Today I need to invite more people to my Dad's birthday party. I've been meaning to do this for days now. Gotta get it done.

Have a wonderful day my friends! May you all be happy and healthy and safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    Belated happy birthday, @KetoneKaren Karen in VA. Sure miss you!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,113 Member
    edited July 19
    :) Book recommendation " Scarcity brain: fix your craving mindset and rewire your habits to thrive with enough"
    by Michael Easter.
    I just listened to Dan Harris interview the author on his podcast and immediately put a hold on the book at the library. I am eager to read it.

<3 Barbie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    Today Is Strawberry frozen Daquiri!! Yummy!

1fe2g1s1n21x.jpeg
    =pvzkikrf88ee.jpeg
    7shv51o04gja.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 🛸
  • pipcd34