pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/family- 1hr 29min 30sec, 2.52p, 3.87mi= 412c
    strava app = 475c

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,116 Member
    went to aqua zumba last night- went early and swam some laps before and after class. . Those are some LONG laps!!!. Not used to a pool that wide but felt great each time I touched the sides. Between laps and class- was working out for an hour and a half straight. Actually slept decent last night. It did take a long time to get to sleep, but that is normal.

Shopping with dh after we went to his mom's and I walked her dog while he tended to her. 5 grocery stores. Should be able to just stay home tomorrow, besides going to church in the morning while he is at his mom's.
    She hasn't been feeling good the past few days- stomach bothering her. I am sure all the fruit she is eating isn't helping but that is all she wants to eat. She doesn't want to eat real food even when it is exactly what she asked for. Wed, right as we were leaving after doing the morning stuff she informs him that she is hungry and wants a burger and fries. I was, ok, Mc.Donald's is just a few blocks away. He informed me that no, can't be from there, we have to drive across town to go to In and Out Burger.
    We do that, drop it off because we have things we need to get done. When he got back that afternoon. Everything was still sitting there where I put it on her tv tray- she never even took it out of the bag!
    Making Fettuchini Alfredo with chicken and mixed veggies for her now for him to take over. If she doesn't eat, that is on her. I know that my son will finish off the pasta, the chicken we actually bought for me to cook for us(and mainly the cats-yep, still cooking chicken for the stray cats), and I will add mixed veggies to my salad.

I have Ezie all week this coming week- grandma is on vacation so will have her two extra days. Kid pool is already set up, extra projects are ready for her....

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,453 Member
    Lanette – going out to eat is getting SOOO expensive. While we were traveling, I got an orange milkshake at Arby’s. A little over $4. I almost died. And it wasn’t all that good, either. And I didn’t get the large. Never again. Got one at a Wendy’s. Was only around $3 and it was pretty good. I noticed that BK’s price for a shake is like $4, too. And they wonder why I bring my own food! Vince may eat at one of those places, but I have better food for less.

Michele NC
    who is off to go with the kitties. Jess should be here tonight. Already have things for her to take home (food). Can’t get kicked out of the mom’s club….lol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,116 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Lanette – going out to eat is getting SOOO expensive. While we were traveling, I got an orange milkshake at Arby’s. A little over $4. I almost died. And it wasn’t all that good, either. And I didn’t get the large. Never again. Got one at a Wendy’s. Was only around $3 and it was pretty good. I noticed that BK’s price for a shake is like $4, too. And they wonder why I bring my own food! Vince may eat at one of those places, but I have better food for less.

Michele NC
    who is off to go with the kitties. Jess should be here tonight. Already have things for her to take home (food). Can’t get kicked out of the mom’s club….lol

That is the same with dh and I. He eats out all the time and doesn't really think twice about the prices. I look at prices first thing. I can make better(taste and health wise) ,cheaper and in some cases faster than going out to eat. The biggest exception is our taco Tuesdays. But, I could make them for a bit cheaper but not as tasty as their birria(I have made it but it is a LOT of work and takes a lot of ingredients)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    @cityjaneLondon ... sorry about your brother's cancer.

@grandmallie ... what was your natural hair colour?

@kevrit ... I can't drink those hot chocolate or triple mocha and similar things. I feel quite sick after and I suspect it might have something to do with the milk they put in. I like the idea of hot chocolate or mocha, but I'd like to find one without any milk.

@Anniesquats100 ... I like the restaurant idea for your father's birthday. I'm all for finding the easiest way to do something.

You might know this already, but since my husband came home from the hospital 6 years ago, I have been ordering my groceries online and having them delivered. That has been absolutely wonderful! I have also started ordering stuff for the house and having it delivered. Saves me so much time, and the ordering process can be done from the comfort of my own chair at home.

Eating out can be a bit expensive but we still do it about once a week. We won't touch McDonalds or KFC or those sorts of places. Usually we go to Zambreros for burritos and ice cream. That's about $40 for the two of us. But every 10th burrito is free. Last night we ordered pizza from a place near where we live now ... we thought we'd give it a try. I was impressed! $55 for 2 medium pizza, cheesy garlic bread, and two decent-sized chocolate caramel calzones. That's not bad!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka yes please share your FB tips!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Ads

They keep moving where the ad preferences are located but if you go to Settings and then type Ad Preferences in the search, you'll get there.

On that page, you can see lots of info about the ads you're being shown and if you click the Manage info tab, you can adjust all sorts of ad settings

lyjsu9bgkfvb.png

If you click on Audience Based Advertising, you can see who has uploaded or used a list to reach you and you can allow or not allow that.

jc7vhy4lz7v0.png

You can choose the categories used to reach you.

ml6491ca2svw.png

Back on the Customise ads tab, you can adjust what you want to see or see less of. I go through periodically and request to see less of various topics. While it is tempting to see less of everything, I leave a few because otherwise you'll just get a wave of new topics. So for example, I'll leave ads about cats. Chances are, I'm never going to click on the ads, but if I see cats in my newsfeed, that's OK.

I go through it every few months ... just did it now.

8wp2hvscrnla.png

While you're there, have a look at a few other things in the left sidebar. Click on your information and preferences, and access your information. Click on ads information, and go through the choices. When you're in Audience-based advertising - Advertisers using your activity or information, click on each one, click on the fact that they've got a list from somewhere to target you, and click Don't Allow, scroll down and Don't Allow again.

s6ftoqd7rxfp.png

gq5nd1h2347x.png

7d9a84g4pmea.png

exn0lm6h8wa2.png

It's a bit of work, but like I said, I go through it every few months ... especially if I start noticing a lot of odd ads around.

I'll tell you Step 2 when I get back from cleaning out the mouse-infested basement/garage. :)

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    Today’s gratitudes: Shower, hot tub, and the ramps at the Crissey Field visitor center. Finally felt water was safe enough to shower at home. What a luxury to have all my products on the shower shelf and not in a gym bag. Could only spare 15 minutes for the hot tub so I savored every moment. While the rest of dog group was practicing going up and down the stairs, Shadow and I took the ramps ;).
    Welcome back @grogers511 Ginger in TX! Con VERY grats for taking off those 56 lbs.
    Wow, thanks Machka! You’re right, it is a bit of work. What a lot of audience based advertising to disallow ;{. Slogged through a few then saved your tips to revisit later. Much appreciated.
    Finished goat cheese, flavored it with some lemon zest and honey. Will present with orange cranberry biscotti. Then dash home, change clothes and meet friends at Azalea Park music event. Let’s see if I can get back to sleep without eating anything ;}
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

• Machka9
    edited July 21
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Wow, thanks Machka! You’re right, it is a bit of work. What a lot of audience based advertising to disallow ;{. Slogged through a few then saved your tips to revisit later. Much appreciated.

Yes, but it is good to check your Ad Preference situation in Facebook at least a couple times a year. It's amazing what ends up in the lists you find there.

Now for Facebook Step 2 and the reason I do not have to waste time clicking the Xs anymore. :):)

wtcnchc1g2ju.png
    lhgk6oteuu3p.png
    509bntse34av.png
    uzemwszt6s4t.png
    mb0a4ly3ibtv.png
    yyk50npdwgjk.png
    d7l2olk2lhma.png

There you have it: Don't use the Force! Use the Feeds!

Machka in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Caught up reading again! I have a virus of some sort on my computer which is making it very hard to use. So...I haven't been on here for the past week. I have a firewall, but obv something snuck in. Grrrr...
    Flea- <3 Spoon theory <3 Thank you for sharing this. I will be sharing with people that I know who need to read it. Quite a long list, actually, as it is great info for everyone, I think!
    Rebecca- I feel you! Time with the grands is not easy! Even though I care for between 8 and 12 children every day; a week with my three grandsons wears me out more than my work. It is because I am out of my home, working with less/different supplies, climate, environment. The kids are with a different person. It is haarrrd! I was happy to read that both Athena and Eli settled into a nap/rest time! It gives you a much needed break. Is Eli moving around yet? If not, finding "busy" activities for Athena could be fun and easy. Use masking tape to build a road or obstacle course, set up a car wash, baby doll wash, or pet grooming station with water, bubbles, towels, combs, clips, etc., create sculptures, food, aliens, etc with Play-Doh (use googly eyes, pipe cleaners and other art supplies), painting, chalk, bubbles, build a fort. I love the fact that Athena is doing Duolingo with you! Have her learn her words and take her on a cultural trip! Show a travel video, make some food (have her help), tape chopsticks to a clothes pin to make it easier for her to use them... All of that aside, I hope your visit settles into some calm times so you can enjoy your grands and not be worn out. And YES! Your son and DIL should be actively looking. In many places finding care for kids is TOUGH! Love to you! You are amazing for jumping into the fray to help! o:)
    Allie- If I were you, I would get the cut first. If you are like me and like the dramatic, you could have some gray streaks put in as highlights. I actually think, that this cut would look great with your darker hair and gray streaks for drama.
    Heather- sorry to hear about your brother! Will be sending good thoughts/vibes.
    Rest/sleep- I will tell all of you what I tell my toddlers and preschoolers about rest/sleep. Rest time and sleep time is when your brain "talks" with the rest of your body and saves everything it has learned. Your brain, heart, and tummy/gut need to talk to each other and figure out the best way to keep you strong, healthy, and growing. Your brain needs that time to organize everything you have learned and put it in the right places in your head, so you can find it whenever you need it. If you don't get rest/sleep each day, it is harder for your body to stay healthy and you will get sick." There you go! Oh and "please rest quietly, sleep if you can; if you can't sleep just rest quietly and let your friends get their rest. Just a short rest and then snack time!" That is how Miss Kel puts the little ones down for nap. lol
    Well, time for me to use a spoon or two (spoon theory) and get out and wash the outside of my house. I haven't done it since last spring; so it is showing all of the sand, dust and dirt that has blown onto it this past year. We will see if I can get anything else done today. lol ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)