LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,421 Member
    13 AF
    9 A
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    @womona you really had a lot going on this weekend. My thoughts for your dogs recovery, We are only human and get bad information on what is right and wrong for our pets, been there and done those.

New set today you got this!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    @Womona a new boat sounds wonderful! Glad your doggie will be okay after that ham bone! Scary though…… I usually try canned pumpkin and white rice to help correct tummy troubles with my pup, but I’m sure your vet gave you good advice. Keep us posted on both accounts.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    Hello, I'm new to this group. My name is Darlene.

Well, I pretty much blew it in July. I plan on quitting in the next couple of days. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist August 1st to get established there. I have had some liver problems in the past and need to have it checked out.

Good luck to everyone in your goals! AF or LA days.

Welcome Darlene, wishing good results at your appointment.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    Welcome to the group Darlene, I hope your doctor's visit goes well for you.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Thanks everyone,

I hope to do better in August!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 278 Member
    AF - 15
    A - 6

Didn’t weigh-in today. Decided to skip this week because of how bad I blew my calories on Saturday. I knew the scale wouldn’t be nice today. So, I’ll skip today and wait until Monday.

Sipping a glass of wine tonight.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 23
    14 AF
    9 A
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,250 Member
    @NonnieDoiron Thanks for your encouragement. I will keep coming back. You all make me feel better. More like I can succeed. That sounds so good that I may feel good again in a week or so!

Well, since I just started; here are my stats for July:

AF - 0
    A - 23

But, I have a feeling in August those numbers will be reversed.

I'm retired. So I just kind of swig all day (whiskey mixed with unsweetened iced tea or club soda). So I don't get where I don't remember things. And, I never get mean or anything. I guess I'm kind of a "happy drunk" 😕

I had been sleeping really well. Normally, I wouldn't get out of bed until 6:30 or 7.

My doctor recently prescribed me something called Naltrexone. I only took it once a few nights ago. I had a really bad experience with it. Last night, I did get up to pee a couple of times. But went right back to bed. I got out of bed after 5 am. So I guess that's an improvement.

A couple of years ago, I only drank three or four days a week. And, wouldn't start until the afternoon. I also liked to work in the yard. So, sometimes, my drink would just sit there for a while.

I do have alcohol in the house for tomorrow. So, my numbers won't be changing tomorrow ☹️ But, I will keep you all posted. I know I'll do well.

Have a nice night!

My stats for July are just like yours. But one day AF, because I had blood tests the next day. So I know I can be AF if I have a good reason for it. Just each day -it's way too easy ..when late afternoon rolls around to treat myself to a glass of wine. And then another....
    Anyway, I was on Naltrexone for months and had a good experience- it seemed work. Then, I went off of it.
    A few years later, I tried it again, and I vomited that evening. I felt drugged and weird. I had cramps in my legs. So I quit that medicine immediately.