Newbie To Carnivore Diet Looking for Like Minded Mentors

Good morning ! 56 year old woman, new to carnivore. Not really doing it to lose weight but to optimize health and strength. Been at it a couple weeks, about 60 hours into utube videos about it. Carnivoring now but plan to head into 30 lion for August then slowly see what i can add back in. Live in Ecuador, like to scuba and Padel ball (not pickle). Hoping to join Carnivore or Lion like mindset group

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Welcome. I am more or less Ketovore. There is an active Low Carber group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum which while not strictly carnivore, is active and closer to your way of eating than anything. Come check it out.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Good morning, I'm 99.5% carnivore. I'm not an expert but I like chatting about it.
  • wiredjacks
    wiredjacks Posts: 1 Member
    Hello , im just starting the carnivore diet I’m on day two as of today so I have a lot to learn also but so far it seems pretty basic. I wish they would add meal plans for that diet on this app.
  • shoshana1961
    shoshana1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I am in the UK and began transitioning to carnivore on the 1st Aug with my hubby, we have lost a stone but like you are attempting to do it for health, we have reversed our diabetes already but we are keeping an eye on our blood sugar as occasionally we have had a little treat and we see exactly what spikes our glucose. It is not an easy diet to stick to when you’re a carb addict, we are 63 & 65 so been addicts for almost all our lives.
    I would say that we are currently Ketovore eating mostly meat fish and eggs with occasional fried onions, mushrooms and lettuce.
    Hope everyone is well and having success.