Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 268

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 6,148 Member
    @Zaxa2021 Regarding the water heater - I would check your lease and with legal aid to see what the law is where you live. Landlord should be responsible and it may be that you can deduct cost of repair from your rent. Our renter neighbors went without a/c for a week last summer - not a good thing over age 87 and temp over 100 degrees.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 543 Member
    edited August 6
    @Zaxa2021 Regarding the water heater - I would check your lease and with legal aid to see what the law is where you live. Landlord should be responsible and it may be that you can deduct cost of repair from your rent. Our renter neighbors went without a/c for a week last summer - not a good thing over age 87 and temp over 100 degrees.

Thanks for the advice! Our rental company is taking care of it, and so far has been reasonably timely about it. My frustration is just having to rearrange our schedule and appointments to accommodate when the workers will be here. But I realize it is a small inconvenience and I may be (probably am) overreacting. It's just a busy week.
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 785 Member
    @Skyleen75
    That photo! Scenes.
    When is your last day at the market?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,789 Member
    Chapter_3 wrote: »
    NSV FOR THE WIN!

Nine months ago, I decided I wanted to build my agility/ flexibility/balance/strength, to embrace with vigor my golden years - changing my username to Chapter_3 and a new identity of #HSF (Healthy, Strong, Fit)

I decided what was most important was to age “younger” and to begin a journey toward the
    📣 #bestshapeofmylife📣

Well, this morning, just now, everything became real.

I’m walking a brisk pace on the sidewalk and felt my right foot scuff the pavement - I’m going DOWN. I lost my balance but quickly I thought I am NOT going to fall flat on my face - just gently catch myself, tuck and roll. OMG. The first thing I did was look to see if anyone was around because I was mortified and completely embarrassed that I had almost fallen flat on my face & broken several bones in my body… But instead, I just have a tiny little scuff mark on my right knee.

This is my WHY. I picked myself up, brushed myself off and started all over again - finishing 5 miles in 70 min. Not bad for an old MawMaw! I even stopped to smell the roses 🌹💪🏻🙌🏻👊🏻

Last year I would’ve pulled or broken something & turned around and walked home crying… I would’ve gone to the ER. But instead, I’m writing you my BEST NSV to date!

If I can keep going so can you!!!
    Onward!

@Chapter_3 I'm so glad you are okay. Quick thinking and great attitude!