Oct. Challenge Week 1 Open!

Options

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oh you must of known I have been slack with water lately! This will be the hardest for me!
  • tlwicklund
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this, its going to be hard not eating sweets but I know we can all do this :)
    My weight is 163 as of this am and my measurements hip-38 waist 31.5 bust-35 rleg-23.5 lleg-23.5 rarm-11.5 larm-11.5
    Lets have a great week everyone!
  • Caz2678
    Options
    Perfect! Can i join in too?

I was going to do an October challenge on my own, but would love to be involved with a group challenge...it's more motivating :)

My current weight is 135lbs
    Waist 30 inches
    Hips 40.5 inches
    Thigh 22 inches
    Calf 15 inches
    Upper arm 12 inches
    Chest 34.5 inches

Hope thats enough info :)
    Oh i'm excited now! I need to try to exercise more and drink more water x
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Gotcha ya Caz!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I hope I didn't make things too easy. I know where I have slacked off so I thought others may have had issues as well! Have a great day! Be back after work!!!

Jenn
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    can someone define the waist and hip measurements, i always get confused where those are
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My weight as of this morning is 278. Have a great weekend!
  • babycinders
    babycinders Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and my starting weight for the challenge is 220lbs. I'll have to post my measurements later after I get home from work. Excited for the challenge :)
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning to everyone!!! :)

Jen, Weiged-in today @ 258 (which is actually a 3 lbs loss!! YAY!). And my measurements Bust 46.5/Waist 44.5/Hips 52

I love the week one Challenges!! I do okay logging my food...and i am very honest...i log EVERYTHING! :D The water is one of my issues!! I did manage to get 2 days this week where i drank all 8 cups!! And using the 1 liter water bottle seems to be working! I started working out with my sister, who has quite a bit of weight she wants/needs to lose, so getting the workouts in should be easy enough!! I need to think on the "getting out of the comfort zone" challenge.

The bonus challenge: My two weaknesses....CHOCOLATE and Diet Mt Dew!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try to go the entire week one w/o consuming either!!!

So excited about the OCT Challenge!!! Look forward to making amazing progress with you all!!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have always been told your waist is where your natural indent is our would be. I would say line up with your belly button but I know for me after my surg my belly button is not in line with my waist. And for your hips I was told you line up with your hip socket. This is the info we were given at a nutrition course on base so if any one knows better please let me know also. I hope this helps
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Love the weekly challenges ideas, Jenn! great job on compiling the tips, especially the water one! I always find it hard to drink enough water, and the 1 litre bottle will definitely be a good motivator.

Looking forward to an outstanding October!
    -Mabel.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Those are definitely some things I need to work! Especially exercise and giving up soda! I weighed in today at 238.2. I don't plan to do measurements. I don't know if you are doing goals, but my goal for the end of October is 228.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge, if I may? I feel I need a boost to get back into my good habits and keep going. I'm feeling like my routine is getting stale; I'm loosing my 'oomph' and have just been maintaining instead of losing again. :) My start weight is 179. (As of this morning) If you need more info, let me know! :)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I PM you starting weight Jenn but if you missed it its 205
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies and Gents~

My weigh in is 175, seems I'm maintaining. I was bad in food choices this past week, I was hoping to be a little lower but it's okay, I've started running again and I may be converting fat to muscle, who knows, long as I am not gaining.

I wanted to join the other October challenge too, however, they want pics and are doing the 30 Day Shred, I know I cannot commit to doing a DVD daily. I am going to buy it later today and do it at least 2-3 days a week, I am running every other day, so this will be a good filler for the off - run day.

I'm looking forward to this, it's my first challenge and there appears to be a good group of folks on this thread. Anyone who wants to friend me feel free to do so. Good luck everyone and big Thanks to Jen for organizing this challenge!

My stats are: starting weight 175, bust 44 waist 41 hips 45 My October Goal is to get of the 170's, I'll push myself to lose 10lbs, so Goal Weight Halloween morning will be 165.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning October Challengers!! :flowerforyou:

Jenn...SW 191.6 :ohwell:

Not measuring. Totally understand the ponytail thing...I wear mine up at work too...I'm a traffic collision investigator
    with the Sheriff's Department.

Good Luck to everyone in our group! Let's ROCK IT during October!!

Pam B :drinker:
  • alirae75
    Options
    Hi! I'm Alison and just joined MFP this morning. I would love to join your challenge! My current weight is 162. I was measured last night, but my sister has the stats. I will try to get them from her.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Dee and I would love to join this challenge. My starting weight is 184 (weighed this morning). I will have to measure tomorrow morning and send them in.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I AM SOOO STOKED! I'm gonna indulge in my guilty pleasures a lil today, that way it should be easier to handle in OCT.