WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,989 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Makeup Foundation

I wear Maybelline! One powder and one liquid last me more than a year. In fact a while back, I went crazy and bought 2 of each - it's possible there was a 2 for 1 sale. I won't be buying foundation for a long, long time.

5agnypimzlc2.png
    5sx2tc9q07cg.png

I go through an onslaught of makeup booths on the main floor of Myers department store on my way to ladies wear etc. upstairs at lunch sometimes. The makeup booths have me sprinting because of the smell! Plus the people in their lab coats intimidate me. I walked into one of the younger, hipper places right round the corner, but nope. The vibe was all wrong.

Rosemarie ... well done on getting done up! I've not been brave enough to even slow down my walk when I'm going through those places.

I think Heather uses CC cream.

This is a bit about BB and CC cream - the difference between them.
    https://www.maybelline.com/makeup-tips/face/face-makeup-tutorials-for-beginners/the-difference-between-bb-and-cc-cream

But if I were to change from Maybelline, I might go with Cancer Council SPF 50+ Face Day Wear BB Cream Matte Light Tint.

7a2ciaaa9nxq.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    edited August 20
    More on Hunger

From my experience ... and YMMV ...

When I kind of let myself go and eat more, I find that I'm hungry more often and want to eat more. Then I gain some weight and find that I'm hungry more often and want to eat more. And so on and on ...

But if I put a stop to that cycle and eat within my calorie limit, I'll be hungry for the first week or two, but then it kind of dies off and I'm pretty much OK with eating less.

When I lost the weight back in 2015, I took a few breaks and when I went back on the plan again, I would ease into it ... drop 100 calories/day for a week, drop another 100 calories/day for a week, until I was where I wanted to be. And the hungry wasn't too bad.

Also, if I didn't say it before ... it's OK to feel hungry. If you get to feeling really shaky and irritable, that's not so good. But if those first thoughts of hunger come through, or your stomach feels a bit empty, it's OK to tell the hungry gremlin to shut up and go away. Most of us can go another half hour or hour or two before eating again.

I stop eating somewhere between 8:30 and 9:30 pm, and I don't eat again until 11:30 am. I've been doing that for decades and my body is used to it. So I know I'll live if I feel hungry and choose to wait a bit to eat.

Now I just need to start focusing on what goes in again.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    edited August 20
    q1h1ldew8guj.jpg

My university friends A and L. A is on the left. I'm used to seeing L, as she sends me lots of photos, but it was a bit of a shock to see a little old lady looking out at me in place of A. To think we shared a basement flat in Bristol, when I was 19/20 and she was a year older. She is 76 now. It truly feels like yesterday.
    Like Rebecca, my age is beginning to scare me. So few years left. That's the reality. And all the photos L sent of her trip had a lot of old people in them. Oops! Inside I feel young, young, young. Ageless! The body knows otherwise.

Sorry for bringing the tone down, but every so often something reminds me that I'm not going to live forever.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Awe Heather you are one of the youngest older people I know! That's tells you something most definitely! All we can do is tie up loose ends, make ammends, and enjoy life the best we can. The End.💖👍🏼
    Hey if I loose my marbles during mid flight, than so be it. But I have them mostly in my hand or in my bag now, I'm good. Its not like I'm gonna just toss them and trip everyone. (Lots of Imagery there)😁🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
    Beeeeautiful flowers!💖
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,787 Member
    Like Rebecca, my age is beginning to scare me. So few years left. That's the reality. And all the photos L sent of her trip had a lot of old people in them. Oops! Inside I feel young, young, young. Ageless! The body knows otherwise.

Sorry for bringing the tone down, but every so often something reminds me that I'm not going to live forever.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Funnily enough, the house is what brings that home to me - "Well that's something I'll never have to do/make/build again!" U.S. life expectancy for women, at 76 years, gives me another 12 years, and neither of my parents lived past that, so I'm figuring on at least that much. Interestingly enough, the older you are, the longer your life expectancy. According to one site, because I've lived to 64, I will live to 84. So I tried tweaking it here and there, and it appears it just gives you either the US expectancy or 20 years more than your current age! 👀🤣😁 Whatever is left, I'm ust trying to live those years as engaged, happy and healthy as I can make them. It's enough.

Just about on my way out the door...
    Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,519 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :)Tracey, your new job sounds like it had a great beginning. Mix that with the tremendous gratitude you feel for being away from your old job and you should have a wonderful experience.

<3 Barbie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3