Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is: I miss lemon meringue pie. Can’t have the meringue, it’s made with egg whites, just like mayonnaise
    8hmm9zi278x1.jpeg
    zt8vey3wk5t6.jpeg
    onfc6o7whwiu.jpeg
    wezcbdbunbn0.jpeg

RVRita is Roswell
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Major accomplishment today...I was able to bend my knee and cut my toenails. B)

Carol in GA

Yeah!! Great job! It truly is the little things we get back that make a difference.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited August 15
    Carol - Congratulations on the toenail cutting. I haven't managed mine yet, and they need it! :o

John has got his heat pad down from the upstairs room where I was using it before my first op. And I bought him some longer lasting ibuprofen. He had some shortbread biscuits with it.

My bruv was up in London today with DSIL. I imagine it's some kind of last jaunt before treatment starts on Monday.
    G was also up in London, watching The Mousetrap. :p Her sister kept falling asleep and missed the denouement. I haven't seen it, but read it quite recently and guessed the villain straight away. But I guess it's quite different on the stage.

Inspired by Lisa, I did some quick calorie calculations today. I reckon I ate around 2,000 calories, and probably burned off around 1500 at most. That explains it! >:)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    I am feeling so bushed, don't want to go for my walk.

Jess is coming tomorrow so "she can go swimming". After the soup kitchen, I need to go to WalMart to get hamburgers for dinner. Maybe I should clean out the spa now, otherwise I have to do it tomorrow. Just not sure what time she'll be here, I would ASSUME after work but you never know.

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,566 Member
    B)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Carol- great accomplishment!!

Well, finally happened. Mom gave the room mate her eviction letter and the woman threw a FIT- even though mom told her a month ago that she needed to move out. She has to be out by 8/31- two weeks and she will be gone. After 2 1/2 yrs of living there for free, taking over, letting her huge dog(large choc. lab) poop where ever around the yard and not picking it up, telling mom what she could and couldn't do- It is finally going to be over.

now if we can just get the drama with MIL and DH handled.
    They did have an interview with the agency to get some help(more like companionship-someone she can complain to about dh and I- she can do everything around the house for herself if she chooses to but usually expects dh to do it-they can help with that too)
    We are taking her to San Francisco to the Japanese consulate on Thursday to get some paperwork taken care of so she can get the inheritance from her brother. The bank over in Okinawa is requesting it. He already told her she needs to be quiet and be nice to me. No yelling this time(she was very mean/rude to him when he had to take her two years ago-calling him chicken *kitten* very loudly because they took the ferry instead of driving in the city. We are going on Saturday for a dry run, to see exactly where the parking is, closest to the building we need to go to.

Walked the wetlands- just the short route- was cutting it a bit too close on time. I will go earlier tomorrow to do the whole walk
    Aqua zumba tomorrow night.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

edit- wrote this hours ago, got side tracked and forgot to submit it.
    will finish watching Big Brother while I have herbal cho. tea and almonds that are cho. flavored
    and a banana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3