Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Pg 24

Off out shopping. Back later.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Tracey: WOW! The table looks brand new.

Shopping is all put away and a load of laundry hung out to dry. Having a coffee then will have lunch and work on the gilet afterwards

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    o:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Tracey - great job on the table, bet it feels good to have that accomplished before you head back to work.

Beth - yesterday evening I watched "Snowmageddon" on Discovery+ which focused on the blizzard around Buffalo during Christmas 2022. I remember when you went through it; it was fascinating to see the storm through the videos and stories of folks who experienced it. Hope your mom is doing OK.

Pip - happy to hear Kirby finally made it to his destination, what an adventure. Hope he's able to relax and enjoy himself and see the sights he wanted to see.

Michele - I hope you can get in to see a regular podiatrist that takes Medicare! We have several in our area and they do take Medicare, but orthotics are self pay unless a person is diabetic or has some medical reason. At my last visit with Joe the orthotics guy, we took a look at the bottom of my shoes. It was interesting to see where the wear is occurring. Both feet are wearing the soles on the back outer edge, but the right foot - broken toe/hammer toe foot - is also wearing more on the front. Time to go shoe shopping again, the New Balance wide I found are the most comfortable.

Barbara- nice to see the 3 pups getting along. ;) Little Moose will have a great life at your house. ;) How's the water tank situation coming along?

Rebecca - good job hitting the gym and the weights with or without Lee. ;)

Lisa - good to hear your labs are improving! I thought it was neat you met up with a couple local gals at Hobby Lobby. When we moved here, I was really into handspinning and discovered a spinning group that met once a month. It was fun spending a few hours now and then with these gals and getting to know them and learning more about the community in general.

Rita - neat that you'll be a Beta-tester for the DietID! I welcome any and all information pertaining to diet and health, and keep incorporating tips that work for me. It's a process.

Heather - so happy you are doing so much better every day. :) One of these days those scars will just be thin lines. Glad John got the banking thing figured out. I'd be panicked too.

Mo - glad to hear you were able to take a little time off. How much longer until you can retire and move to the Chicago area? Did you say 3 years?

Annie - good job getting the new battery and the trickle charger. What a great feeling to get that settled and not have to worry. That tow truck driver sounds like a gem. ;)

Nutrition & Strong: I watched a video yesterday, it was an older lady physician who said young women should focus on nutrition, not calories and being strong, not skinny as an investment for their future years. (I wonder how different my health would be today if I'd had that as a model instead of being raised during the Twiggy era where doctors handed out amphetamines to teens and anorexia and bulimia were almost fashionable at my school :( ) But still, I don't think it's too late to incorporate that strategy and worth aiming for. The strong part is a little harder the older I get, but not impossible.

OK, the final photo of the powerline clearing. All done, the boys finished it up by 4 yesterday afternoon, leaving only one log at the far end. Going to walk it today (it's not as far as it looks so won't get a lot of steps) but need to find holes under the fence on the right hand side where Rosie might want to scoot under. At least I can now get to them and plug them. :p
    8hodbshfqexh.jpg

Make it a wonderful day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I don't drive anymore, so when he goes, I go. I still keep my drivers license active, just in case, but I just hate to drive. Being that I got the license at 50 out of necessity, it just has never come naturally to me.

I am procrastinating baking cookies! I told Athena I would, so I just need to. There is that, "I need to be in the mood to" but I am just never in the mood these days. I will do it this afternoon, I have told myself.

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Rebecca I don't drive long distances any more. I used to but don't for a variety of reasons. Jake does most of the driving but now with him being banned from driving for six months, we've had to be creative. Good friends have stepped up to drive him to his two appointments 60 miles away this week but I'm in charge of driving to local stuff. We still can't leave Annie, the puppy home alone so she comes, too. Right now she and I are in the car while Jake goes into the lab for a fasting blood test. Later this morning he has a discharge appointment with his primary care doctor and late this afternoon he goes to the chiropractor. I am great at waiting by myself but waiting with the dog is a special challenge 🐕

🌞🌻🐾Barbie
    Awe, yep dogs can be squirrelly in cars a bit.💖
    Well we all do what we can in changes to situations, you are one up on me, as I don't drive locally. I am glad you have friends that have stepped up on the long drives. 💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Well, I felt better yesterday but today, is a different story. I’m going to the clinic when I’m done here.

Dinner yesterday was salad and meatballs/port in a thick tomato sauce with a dinner roll.
    bc0worji47p4.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell