Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,506 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im up and dressed,going to take Doris to the eye dr today.
    Then back home..and the weekend begins
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 16
    Found another reason continue the diet I am on osteoporosis. Turns out a high processed diet is too acidic for our bodies so the body goes to the bones to leech out the calcium and phosphorus act as a base to bring the body to a more neutral pH. Adding calcium without adequate VitD, K2, and phosphorus only creates a situation where you end up with too much calcium in your blood (Ace inhibitors then are used with all their side effects) and not in your bones so it can create plaque, bone spurs, kidney stones. Also learned strength training builds bone. I do need to add more of that. I am getting K2 from butter and Gouda cheese, phosphorus from dairy, fish, and meat. Vit D going out first thing no sunglasses or sunscreen and supplements (I live in a northern climate) Again I need to add strength and resistance training. I have some small dumb and resistance bands plan to start with those.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,176 Member
    Must have needed sleep today as I got up 2 hours later than I had planned. So need to get going. I will walk with ankle weights while doing the reservation tags, then I need to go to town for some groceries. Not much else planned as it will be over 100 degrees outside by the time I get home from that. I started crocheting a Harry Potter and the kit provides enough yarn to do Dobie as well. I’ll post pics when done.

Dinner yesterday was cucumber salad, green bean salad, a cheeseburger, and pan fried potatoes (we only use avocado oil or olive oil so healthy frying!!) Breakfast was 1/4 cup muesli with quinoa (I don’t Cook this right as it stays gritty. Need to figure that out), snack was banana, orange, piece of cheese and handful of nuts, a small bag of popcorn and a Sargento’s Fast break white cheddar, almond, craisins package. No real supper last night.

w5yt5jin6qfh.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    My table and chairs. Michaela and I set the table with my great grandmother’s dishes for a photo shoot.
    I am incredibly proud of this job and so thankful it is done!

bq645d2irhli.jpeg
    0ty0b4mxqzrn.jpeg
    1yd1q4b3q356.jpeg
    wev6jqxub9wk.jpeg
    uo0dchlo7qub.jpeg

Just gorgeous! Great job, your grandmother is most definitely smiling down at you!💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    Tracey - I am just in awe of the work you've done on those pieces, and how much they look as if they are all part of a set that was created for each other. Very well done, absolutely beautiful, and something your descendants will love long after you've gone.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,506 Member
    Rebecca ~ Sure hope your son gets the medical attention he needs. You are a proactive mom and glad you can point him in the right direction.

Tracey ~ Beautiful work. I know you will have many more years enjoying what you have done.

Debbie ~ Wishing good luck to your mom and to you and your husband in trying to remedy a trying situation.

Carol in GA