Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 16
    Rebecca if it is Crohn's are they recommending a gluten free diet? Gut issues can show up on the skin...My friend I just talked to whose DH was in foreign service ended up with type two diabetes she thinks it was from the stress of being in Iran and his diet. Unfortunately in this day and age we often have to become our own doctor. It is our body and figuring out the clues to what is wrong sometimes does fall on us. Doctors can help but only so far...Support him to keep digging until he gets the answers that are the root cause!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,968 Member
    Tracey. Your table, chairs, and bench are so beautiful. I love your dishes, too. The whole area is just perfect.

I’m still waiting on my car to be finished. According to my insurance app, it should be finished today.

My brother is doing much better with his recovery.

I’m with those who will take every “I Love you” I can get, although it does annoy me when it seems automatic from someone who doesn’t show it by their actions.

I’ve been struggling lately to get my steps. It is just too hot. I need to switch up my morning routine, I think. Do my long walk, then have my tea and devotion time. I have been doing a decent job of staying in my calorie deficit, but not so good with logging. I diligently planned out today’s meals, only to log them on Wednesday! I don’t even know how that happens. At least it made it easy to click the little circles again, since they were at the top of my frequently eaten foods.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Tracey--What a beautiful table and the dishes really top it off. You did a great job.
    Deb--Glad she has a move out date. I pray she leaves with no problems or trys to push the date out for more time.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Barbara – the article on the net said that pushups were strenuous. To me, they’re not at all. They also said situps. Perhaps if you do a full situp it MIGHT be.

Lisa – I don’t criticize Ken and Lynette for saying “I love you” every few minutes, it’s just strange to me that you have to say it every few minutes

Debbie – yea for your mom! I really hope she doesn’t take revenge

Kylia – I am so sorry about your main mechanic. I hope your dh finds that trinket.

I’m wondering if I might have EIA. Yesterday, after mowing the weeds, I came inside to take a shower and I think I could hear myself wheezing. I do remember taking things downstairs like the Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations, and after coming up the stairs, I was out of breath. Gotta see if this continues.

Worked, then dropped some boxes off at the church, then to WalMart to do shopping, then the soup kitchen where I put things in their refrig. Home and I’m thinking that in a few I’ll go in the pool

Tracey – you SHOULD be proud. That table is awesome!

Rebecca – good thoughts sent for your son. How frustrating for you and him

Walk – I like to take my walk after dinner. Seems to help settle the stomach, too. Plus, it’s usually cooler

Well, off to the pool!

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :)Tracey,That furniture looks amazing. It must be so satisfying to complete a project that is sentimental, useful, creative, and beautiful. I, too, am in awe of what you've done.

<3 Barbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Tracey-- your restored dining set is beautiful. I love the place settings too. Very nice work.

Rebecca --here's hoping your son gets a more diplomatic doctor for a complete diagnosis. If Crohn's, would that mean discharge?

Much love to all. Waiting at oncology for monthly check in.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I hope not! Hopefully with more tests they can narrow it down.👍🏼🙏
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Rebecca if it is Crohn's are they recommending a gluten free diet? Gut issues can show up on the skin...My friend I just talked to whose DH was in foreign service ended up with type two diabetes she thinks it was from the stress of being in Iran and his diet. Unfortunately in this day and age we often have to become our own doctor. It is our body and figuring out the clues to what is wrong sometimes does fall on us. Doctors can help but only so far...Support him to keep digging until he gets the answers that are the root cause!

Yep! Thanks!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Busy day..took Doris to eye dr,she will have her retina replaced..
    And her hearing aid was having issues, so we were near the hearing aid place across the river so we stopped over and one of the tubes was broken,so they fixed both of them and we were off.and stopped to feed her daughters cat and mini horse chip..
    And then home..we always have a good time.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    I’ve had a good day. Mostly an active rest day.

Rebecca: Hope youngest son gets proper tests and answers soon.

Debbie: Good news on the roommate. I hope she goes quietly.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Rebecca Question...has your sin seen a dentist lately? I have had two friends with wounds that wouldn't heal. Turns out they had infection in their gums. Worth asking about. My son in law developed psoriasis in the Navy. Under stress it would get awful. Just a couple suggestions.

Tracey Love the table and chairs!

Enjoying the kittens playing in the man cave with DH. SHOULD be working, but.....

Countdown to vacation!

Lots of love and gratitude,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    I’m wondering if I might have EIA. Yesterday, after mowing the weeds, I came inside to take a shower and I think I could hear myself wheezing. I do remember taking things downstairs like the Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations, and after coming up the stairs, I was out of breath. Gotta see if this continues.

Michele NC

Sounds more like allergies than EIA (Exercise Induced Asthma) ... pollen, dust.

I've had to take my allergy pills every day during this whole move thing because of all the dust, and I have to take them when the Christmas decorations start appearing in the stores and everywhere for the same reason.

Machka in Oz