Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 994 Member
    Day 9

9/1 - 2.12 miles
    9/2 - 1.05 miles
    9/3 - 4.00 miles
    9/4 - 3.15 miles
    9/5 - 1.58 miles
    9/6 - 1.52 miles
    9/7 - 2.75 miles
    9/8 - 2.50 miles
    9/9 - 1.00 mile - busy day today with dentist appt and full day of work, but got 1 in

19.67/50 miles for September
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    edited September 9
    Hi everyone, I've been awol for ages, too much going on to have time to sit down and get on forums, but I heard about Shana and am gutted. I knew she was sick but not that it was so bad. She was such a kind and lovely lady. I see many of you are running for her but feel a group tribute is called for as we've done for others in the past. Thoughts, anyone?

I was thinking about that too. I would love to be part of a group tribute.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,022 Member
    Also I hope it's OK to post this here, but I'm trying to remember who all said they had moved over to logging in the "Lose It" app...
    I just started logging over there and can't figure out how to search for friends without having an email address... so IF you're there...feel free to go into the "MFP Exodus" group and scroll back a couple days until you see my comment from around Sept.4, about looking for my MFP Running Challenge friends, and add me from there 😁.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    Hi everyone, I've been awol for ages, too much going on to have time to sit down and get on forums, but I heard about Shana and am gutted. I knew she was sick but not that it was so bad. She was such a kind and lovely lady. I see many of you are running for her but feel a group tribute is called for as we've done for others in the past. Thoughts, anyone?

I am in

• emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 10
    I was saddened to hear of @shanaber passing.

I was at the lake early this morning and planned to go to the college's field house in the afternoon, but I took a nap instead.

9/1 - 3.06 Miles. 64F, Clear.
    9/3 - 3.07 Miles. 51F, Clear.
    9/5 - 3.09 Miles. a.m. 55F, Clear.
    9/5 - 1.36 Miles. p.m 70F, Sunny.
    9/6 - 3.08 Miles. a.m. 60F, Clear, Windy.
    9/6 - 1.20 Miles. p,m. 81F, Sunny.
    9/9 - 3.07 Miles. 55F, Mostly Cloudy.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @shubox1 I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sure you will be able to get in the 30 miles this month.

Nice tribute @Scott6255 .

@AmunahSki Nice running and the ski lessons sound like they would be hard. Glad they weren't. I love the Silent disco idea. I'll bet that is a lot of fun. I would take that as a compliment too (dancing like 80s aerobics class).

You're doing great @WarmJellyfish . Nice that you have already exceeded your year goal!

@daria0919 Trying to maintain a streak does get you out for at least a mile when you wouldn't have done it otherwise. You're doing great.

I totally understand how you feel @Laurz9191 . You are doing great with your running and that brunch looks delicious.

Nice running @kgirlhart . I'm glad the weather is better at the moment.

@polskagirl01 I'm glad you posted here. I was going to PM you about @shanaber since I wasn't sure you knew yet. I did not get on Lose It, so can't help you there. I decided I just didn't have the time or energy to learn a knew app.

I am in for a group tribute too, but have no ideas. Does anyone recall what we/you did in the past. I know for @PastorVincent we ran/walked 26.2 miles since he was getting ready to run Boston and we did a random act of kindness in his name too.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member

Glad to hear from you @eleanorhawkins even if under sad circumstances. I would be in for a group tribute too.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @martaindale I hope Francine stays away from you. Great running in the cooler weather. I guess Fall is in the air everywhere.

@ContraryMaryMary Nice job getting it done, even if a struggle. Shana is great motivation to keep going when you really don't feel like it.

Hahaha @polskagirl01 . Crazy isn't always bad. I hope you'll come back and "see" us more often. Keep thinking. We'll come up with something to do.

Nice run and tribute @tarun_yadavA .