Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    A group from my gym has started doing some trail runs. I may join them on Saturday. I know I'll be a lot slower than they are, but I think I'll give it a go. I'd really like to run in different areas, at least every once in a while. @Teresa502 The plan is to run from Beauty Spot to Unaka, I think is the name of the trail. Have you hiked that area before?
    Yes, and I love that area! Unaka has what some refer to as the Emerald Forest because there are tall pine trees with a carpet of brilliant, green moss underneath. Will you be running on the AT? All of the NOBO thru-hikers will have already passed that section and it's probably a little early for the SOBOs to be hitting it so there probably won't be a lot of foot traffic on the trail. I think you will love it!
  • Teresa502
    edited September 17
    Was planning to run this morning but it was pouring rain and everyone else cancelled so I did a HiiT workout at home instead.

I hope that you are better soon @WarmJellyFish.

Sending you big hugs @kgirlhart.

@Scott6255 - You are being too hard on yourself. I've seen your paces and distances on Strava and you are doing fabulous getting back to running. You jumped in with both feet and haven't looked back.

@AmunahSki - I understand the science behind not running fasted, but I think everyone's body is different. I usually run fasted because I run early and simply don't have time to eat and let it fully digest before I start my run. Unless I got up at 3:00 am vs. 4:00 am and that's not happening! :D
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    76 of 150km
    Logged precisely 0 mileage over the weekend.
    Came down with covid, grrrrr. Thought this thing was over and done with already.
    I did try to race a granny with a walker across the supermarket parking lot. I lost.

Sorry about the Covid @WarmJellyfish - hope you have a mild case and a speedy recovery.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    Very sorry to hear about your blue spell @kgirlhart ((hugs))
    Those types of anniversaries are really tough. Hopefully it came with some wonderful memories of your dad as well.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 17
    @AmunahSki, I really rate Dr Stacey Sims. All female athletes (of all levels) should read her book (Roar) or listen to her podcasts. So much of what is standard runners training doesn’t work for women. Eat the carbs, ditch the super cold ice baths, no fasted running, lift heavy, and as for that pesky menstrual cycle, learn to work with it. And she has a lot of great information around perimenopause and menopause.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Sorry to hear about your cousin @kgirlhart 😔
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @kgirlhart Happy runniversary! Nice commemorative run. Wish MFP had a 'Love' button❣️
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 476 Member
    Happy Birthday @daria0919 ! I hope you enjoy your trip and your tendonitis pains go away soon!
  • Teresa502
    Sept 1 – 2.03 miles
    Sept 2 – 3.00 miles
    Sept 4 – 3.00 miles
    Sept 5 – 4.00 miles
    Sept 8 – 4.42 miles
    Sept 10 – 5.65 miles
    Sept 12 – 6.40 miles for @shanaber
    Sept 14 – 3.16 miles
    Sept 18 – 6.02 miles
    Sept 19 – 4.01 miles
    Total 41.69 miles

I ran 4 miles this morning around my office complex. Boring but usually pretty safe although I did see what appeared to be a homeless guy entering the parking lot. I just went the opposite direction and I didn’t see him anymore.

Happy Runaversary @kgirlhart! I’m honored to consider you and all the others on here my friends!

@quilteryoyo – Are you doing an out and back run on the trail? I’ve noticed the trees are starting to change colors here so I’m sure you will have some lovely views. Sometimes those fallen leaves can cover up rocks and roots so take your time and watch your steps!

Happy Birthday @daria0919!! Sorry about the tendonitis flare up but glad you are being smart and letting it heal. Take a good book and enjoy the beach get away!