Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    The 10k in my city (tomorrow?) just canceled the kids' race because of a big storm that's headed our way... sounds like awesome weather to race in and I'm jealous I can't do it 🤣

Who else likes running in the rain?

@polskagirl01 nope
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 I generally like running in the rain at the end of a "running in the rain run" but not before going out and getting wet. Once I am wet, then I suppose I enjoy it, but it usually takes a while to get to that point ;).

Today I had a tempo workout planned 3x1600m repeats, then 2x 200 meter repeats. It is still quite cold out, but looks like it will be getting back up to "normal" temperatures in the next few days. I thought the workout would be really hard, but it was actually not difficult to hit all of my splits. I really think that I benefited greatly from the weather, but I will take it as a win. I can tell my overall endurance has improved, probably as a result of the long runs, as the 17.3km this morning didn't feel difficult, as well as my other long runs this week. I am starting to get excited about Berlin, although I am definitely someone who really enjoys the training process just as much as the event. Two weeks and two days to go.

150.3/270km for September.

@Laurz9191 where are we eating/drinking after to celebrate?????!!!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Who else likes running in the rain?

I LOVE to run in the rain but race.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited September 14
    @polskagirl01 Save the pumpkins!! They looks like they are doing so well. It would be a shame to have them rot on the wet ground.

@tarun_yadavA Good job to your son for getting through his exams. He earned his wok rice! Definitely come back and explain what the 11+ entrance exams are.