Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    Today was a really active day. My neighbor texted me to play tennis at 7 am (was it even going to be light?!!!) and I did not run yesterday so I decided to get up early and run before I played. Running that early taught me something - our neighborhood has a LOT of those fluffy black striped "cats" running around at that time. Back to warm and humid tho for another few weeks here. It was a gorgeous sunrise also and altho i did not capture the best parts I really enjoyed it all the way from just a hint of heavy red streaks to brilliant orange and red as the sun got higher.🌅

@AlphaHowls not sure how old your fitbit is but probably the battery is gone. Google did some huge updates the past few weeks - deleting the web site dashboard (where your data was I am thinking) and also there was an issue with my stride being set to 0 and now something is going crazy with the feed to MFP where is gives me 2-3x cal add to my diary. Sometimes 800 before I even have my first cup of coffee. there is a way on your phone app to export your data in fitbit but I haven't tried it. You just click at the top right on your photo and that is where the menu is for "stuff".

ANyway, I ran **naked** most of my life and it is really nice to not run naked. It's sort of like tracking my food. I did not track most of my life and so I don't find it a burden to know my cal input. Hope that you can figure out something. My apple watch is probably more accurate on distance than the fitbit but without a chest strap the HR data is not. Even the fitbit probably overstates HR. 🤷‍♀️🙃

Those pumpkins are HUGE. Too bad you can get them into a wheelbarrow or something to roll them up into and put them in a shed or garage until you can use them.

Congrats to your son Tarun! I imagine that is similar to SATs or such in the states.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @tarun_yadavA I'm sure he did great on his test and hope you all had a great dinner to celebrate.

@polskagirl01 I'm surprised they are holding the race if roads are flooded. If it was too dangerous for the kids, it should be too dangerous for the adults too. I vote for "rescuing" your pumpkins. It wouldn't be bad if they rotted after doing so well.

That's summer temps again @Scott6255 . I don't blame you for choosing a TM run.

Oh no @AlphaHowls . I'm glad you explained the "naked" run, because I was picturing all sorts of things. :lol: I hate that your watch died and that you lost all of your data. That would irritate me too. I think that is one reason why I am still "old school" and keep track of things in a journal too. I hope you "enjoy" your conference.

@Laurz9191 A HM is about in the middle of the two plans, so I would go with that....coming from someone who has only ran 13.1 miles once in their life and never a full. :wink:

@SummerSkier That's a really early run and tennis match. I hope you stayed away from those fluffy "cats." My tennis friends all know they are wasting their breath if they want me to play before 8:30 or 9:00. :lol:

You're doing great with the streak @daria0919 .
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all
    Got in 7.21 (at 09"56)

@quilteryoyo @martaindale thank you ladies! 😌

@martaindale @SummerSkier thanks. Correct it's similar to SATs in the US... But it's not nationwide mandatory. It's a voluntary test taken at age 10 to get into a certain type of school at age 11.

(side note- school bandings here in UK are different to the US. Here, 11-16 are banded together. "Secondary school" - what you guys call "Middle school"; then 17 and 18 here are cut off in what is called "Sixth form" here / "High school" to you! So just Juniors and Seniors. Your 'Freshman' would still be stuck bullying 11 year olds).

99% of schools are either Private fee paying or Public.There is a small percent called "Grammar". These are basically Government -funded schools, so free, but have all the nice facilities and sports grounds like private schools. You just have to pass that 11+ test to get in. His older brother goes to one. So trying to get him into same school.

@martaindale Evan Hansen? Iisnt that a few years old now? You saw it at the movies? Tried watching that. Never got past the first 30 mins. Kept getting interrupted. Superficially couldn't get past how none of them looked like high school kids . The sister, kaitlyn dever is a really good actress. Will try again

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hmmm... should I go rescue the pumpkins? I definitely don't want them to rot now that they've grown so well all summer. And by "rescue", I actually mean harvest by cutting up in the yard. I can't move them. Cutting them up would probably count as a workout for me (oooh, but it would be in the rain!) 😆
    gf9rrvshr7dm.jpg

@polskagirl01 SAVE THE PUMPKINS!!!

I'm sure there's some charity out there that could use all that for soup kitchen type stuff that would send a volunteer out to do all the yard work for you?

If not... It'd be a shame to see them rot!

You'd then left be hoping that the illegal immigrants in your area are willing to go Vegan for a little while and not eat the cats and dogs! 😂

JOKE!!

It's a JOKE Americans... Please don't cancel me 🫣

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    @AlphaHowls I’m more than happy to mail you my Fitbit for free. I simply don’t use it. I only use my Garmin and I have 2 of those.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    @daria0919 wrote: »
    @AlphaHowls I’m more than happy to mail you my Fitbit for free. I simply don’t use it. I only use my Garmin and I have 2 of those.

With all the changes MFP made, I have no idea how to add friend to message, so tried to send you a message.

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    edited September 15
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    @daria0919 wrote: »

With all the changes MFP made, I have no idea how to add friend to message, so tried to send you a message.
    Yes, we were already friends 😀

I just messaged you back. First one said it’s a versa 3 (I was incorrect) but 2nd message says it’s actually a versa 2 and works just fine with the google version of Fitbit - I just checked.
    I just turned it on - here’s a photo:
    h1m75uglk0nd.jpeg
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    Questions I have today. I want to look into this since Christmas is coming.
    Garmin users

Can I turn off GPS? I have never found GSP to be accurate and I get agitated when the map shows me traipsing off through ditches, yards, houses, and general inaccessible areas. I find that going by stride is good enough and matches sanctioned races I have been in (albeit not accurate)
    Example: the race I run in Hoptown, sanctioned, 13.1, but my tracker shows only 12.5 ish miles.

Do I have to also 'subscribe' in the app to get my data?

I only have interest in steps, miles, calories.

I like sleep details, heart rate and such, but not the most important to me.

Anyone know Garmin Forerunner 55?
  • quilteryoyo
    @martaindale I'm sorry to hear your run was a struggle on Sat too. You did great to get it done. Glad you enjoyed tex-mex later.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Thanks for explaining the school situation. I hope he gets into the same school as his brother.

Nice going @shubox1 .

@polskagirl01 That is a huge pumpkin. I'm glad you are saving them. Also glad the race went well and that you were able to get out for a nice walk in the forest. I hope they get the water fixed soon.

Nice TM run @Scott6255 .

Great job with your streak @daria0919 . That is so sweet of you to send your old FitBit to @AlphaHowls .
    I hope you two get the logistics all worked out.

@AlphaHowls I don't know anything about the Forerunner 55. I have a 745. You can get your data off of your watch, but if you want to have a record, you would need to get Garmin Connect. Well, the watch does have a "history." I just looked and it has 298 exercises saved. I don't know about turning off GPS. I like that function, so haven't tried to delete it. Mine is generally pretty accurate....have rarely had it show me running places I wasn't. My HR is pretty accurate too with just the wrist monitor. It tracked well when I had a stress test. I like Garmin, but they are a bigger watch than the fitbit.

• quilteryoyo
    1 Sept - Walked 2.25 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Treadmill
    2 Sept - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - Driveway laps
    3 Sept - Walked 0.80 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - Driveway laps
    4 Sept - Walked 0.75 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - Driveway laps - Gym 41m48s
    5 Sept - Walked 0.90 miles - Ran 2.10 miles - Driveway laps - drill workout - Tennis 2h7m50s
    6 Sept - Walked 1.25 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps
    7 Sept - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Treadmill
    8 Sept - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps
    9 Sept - Walked 1.11 miles - Ran 5.29 miles - Driveway and road for Shana - Gym 40m8s
    10 Sept - Walked 0.8 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - Driveway laps - Gym 29m58s - Push mow 6m14s
    11 Sept - Walked 0.68 miles - Ran 2.32 miles - Driveway laps
    12 Sept - Walked 0.72 miles - Ran 2.28 miles - Driveway laps - Tennis 2h7m22s
    13 Sept - Walked 1.25 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps - Gym 40m51s
    14 Sept - Walked 0.99 miles - Ran 2.81 miles - Driveway and road
    15 Sept - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps

39.30/70 mile goal 20.25/20 miles for Shana

I did a slower mile on the driveway today to make it a "true" rest day. I figured after yesterday's disastrous run that I may have just been doing too much lately and would take as close to a rest day as possible with still keeping my streak going.